Popular Video Games/Consoles You Have Not Played

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Games: Pockemon, Digimon.

Consoles (sort of): Pockemon Mini, Mini Digimon & Tamagotchi.

Those I don't mind, but I also never got to play the Barcode Battler and that's a real bummer...

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I never got into Pokémon, Digimon or anything of the sort. When Pokémon Go was all the rage, I did think using actual maps was a great idea, and I did try it, but it took about five minutes before it was gone from my phone, and gone forever. Another big one for me would be Diablo.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Dark souls
Earthbound
Yakuza
Pokemon
Fire emblem

That's all I can think of but in sure I'm missing some

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've never played:
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
God of War
Elder Scrolls/Skyrim

Consoles, I think I have played all the popular ones, but I have never owned a NES.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Those who haven't played Assassin's Creed aren't missing anything. Fucking horrible series.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Those who haven't played Assassin's Creed aren't missing anything. Fucking horrible series.

agreed. i'm a huge fan of stealth games and i still couldn't get into assassin's creed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Franchises
-Call of Duty after Modern Warfare 1
-Demons souls and it's sequels
-Digimon
-The vast majority of PC games
-Far Cry
-Anything after Wii U/PS3 generation
-Yakuza

Consoles
-PC as stated previously
-Sega CD
-Atari Jaguar/Lynx
-Most of the great arcade games like CPS2, Taito, Data East, etc. Had one neo can in a laundromat and that was it
-Killer instinct. Have the cart, never played it.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I've never played Super Mario 64. Not sure why, but the more open and "sandbox" style of level design turned me off from the moment I saw it. To this day, I still don't like sandbox/open-ended games. I much prefer a more linear approach to my games.

-No Zelda games past LTTP
-Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
-Never played a Madden game (football, yuck)
-Never played any MMO's of any kind

I've also never played an Atari Lynx or a Wonderswan. I've seen these systems in person before, but they're always boxed or in a display case.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'd like to play the Smash Bros franchise at some point, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it pointless to start with the first one?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'd like to play the Smash Bros franchise at some point, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it pointless to start with the first one?

Melee > Smash 4 (Wii U + 3DS) > Project M (fan mod for Brawl) > Smash 64 > Brawl

If you still play your N64 I think Smash 64 is worth having around. It's obviously more primitive than its successors in pretty much every way but the core gameplay still holds up and it has some good stages.

Melee is the one people will still be playing in 10 years. It's this series' Super Turbo or SamSho II.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
never played madden
no nba game after T.E
no fifa after 98
no ass creed after 2
no cawadoody after MW2
no uncharted after the first
no halo after 3
no battlefield after vietnam

no regrets as all of those series suck shit anyway.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Melee > Smash 4 (Wii U + 3DS) > Project M (fan mod for Brawl) > Smash 64 > Brawl

If you still play your N64 I think Smash 64 is worth having around. It's obviously more primitive than its successors in pretty much every way but the core gameplay still holds up and it has some good stages.

Melee is the one people will still be playing in 10 years. It's this series' Super Turbo or SamSho II.

brawl is your least favourite?. how comes?.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
oh my god theres a battlefield 'NAM ?

I need that asap

famicommander

15 Year Member
brawl is your least favourite?. how comes?.

They took out many of the advanced mechanics from Melee and greatly simplified the overall metagame. There is no more wavedashing, the edge guarding game is simplified, the timing windows are more forgiving, the overall pace is much slower, the physics are much more floaty, etc. Also they added totally randomized elements that you can't toggle on and off. Sometimes your character will just randomly trip, for example, and there's nothing you can do about it. And it is by far the least balanced game in the series. Basically a decent Meta Knight player will stop anybody else most of the time.

The single player content is still fantastic in Brawl and you can still have fun with the multiplayer, but the drop in depth from Melee to Brawl is even bigger than Third Strike to vanilla SF IV

That's why Project M exists. If you already have Brawl you can just stick the mod files on an SD card and install it. They added back cut characters, they completely rebalanced the game, they took movesets from all three prior Smash games and made the best possible moveset for every character, the physics feel like Melee, they separated transforming characters into separate slots entirely (instead of switching mid battle between Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur each is its own character).

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Games
Smash Bros
Assassin Creed
COD
Destiny
Dragons Quest
Fire Emblem
Pokemon

Consoles
N64
3DO
Philips CDI
Jaguar
Xbox-One

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
The more I think about it and read other people's list, the more series I've never played come to mind. CoD, Assassin's Creed, CS:GO ... Pretty much any and all "modern" games on PC, no MMOs, no card games ... There's just too much stuff to get into. And I don't have free time to invest in online games you actually need to be good at. I used to play Team Fortress 2. I haven't for years now, and nowadays it sounds like a different game, with clothes you can buy. I stay away from anything that's been infested with micro-transactions.

I can't even play Street Fighter V any more, because it irritates me how you need to play for 10 hours a day, online, to get the points you'd need for the new characters if you're not willing to spend actual money.

Never got into Dark Souls, either. Supposedly, it's all about how tough it is, but if I want tough, I'll play a Cave title or something. I don't need to run around for days, leveling up on the walking dead, just so that I can take on the next class of enemies and continue leveling up on them. No grind for me.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
PC:
Dota
Starcraft 2
League
CS GO
PUBG
H1Z1

Console:
Halo (any, it's just lack of interest, i got the collection free, and gave the code away on twitter)
Mario Galaxy
Destiny
Titanfall
Doom
Mario Maker
Monster Hunter
Dragon Quest
any Final Fantasy
SFV
KOF XIV

I'd be playing the last two, if they would have been released on Xbox One, I will very woon, im looking forward to that

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Snes Classic...
PS4...
Xbox one..
Ps 3...
Xbox 360...

...literally anything after the Dreamcast..

xROTx

Except for the PS2 (which was brief), that's me as well ;)

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

Thanks, and good to know. I'll be starting at the beginning, then. I'll always have an N64, as Mario 64 needs to be beaten with regularity.