Possible to port MS 6-7 to MVS/AES

Hi All,

Maybe this is a crazy idea. But, is there any possibility to port Metal Slug 6 & 7 to Neo Geo MVS/AES? I am not a programmer, just a wishfull fan who would like to have all of the games on one console. 🙂

By the way, I am quite new in the Neo Geo collecting. Do you have any games to recommend for MVS (non-fighting games)?

Regards
Rickard

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It would be a lot of work and special graphical functions would have to be approximated or eliminated. The source code is %90 useless most likely for a backward job like that and also those games suck and are barely worth putting quarters into let alone 100s of hours of programming.

As for your second question:

League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2, Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Super Baseball 2020, Windjammers, Neo Turf Masters.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Is it possible to devote years of my life to program a game that already exists AGAIN?

that's the question you're asking. The rare times when this does happen is in the context of a guy who has the technical skills, likes a system enough to code for it decades after obsolescence, likes a game enough outside of said system and finally on a rainy day he's bored enough to say LET'S DO IT because... let's just do it ok? Given how beloved those slug games are, the only way those games will be ported to the NG is by:
1. being extremely lucky, survive plane crash twice and a lightning bolt lucky
2. learn 2 code

Since that's never happening, here's two instances where that did happen, just not with those wonderful Metal Slug games:

Did you check out The Eye of Typhoon? That was a 100% for fun project, a port of a complex game from the 3DO which a ton of tongue in cheek jokes added. They clearly had fun doing it.

A simpler example is Cabal by Tad Corp., some guy ported it to the Neo-Geo for the technical challenge of it. You should check both these games out.

Is it possible to devote years of my life to program a game that already exists AGAIN?

that's the question you're asking. The rare times when this does happen is in the context of a guy who has the technical skills, likes a system enough to code for it decades after obsolescence, likes a game enough outside of said system and finally on a rainy day he's bored enough to say LET'S DO IT because... let's just do it ok? Given how beloved those slug games are, the only way those games will be ported to the NG is by:
1. being extremely lucky, survive plane crash twice and a lightning bolt lucky
2. learn 2 code

Since that's never happening, here's two instances where that did happen, just not with those wonderful Metal Slug games:

Did you check out The Eye of Typhoon? That was a 100% for fun project, a port of a complex game from the 3DO which a ton of tongue in cheek jokes added. They clearly had fun doing it.

A simpler example is Cabal by Tad Corp., some guy ported it to the Neo-Geo for the technical challenge of it. You should check both these games out.
Thanks! I will check them out! I completely understand the technical difficulty. Let's hope someone wants to take the challange, I would definitely back a project like that.

It would be a lot of work and special graphical functions would have to be approximated or eliminated. The source code is %90 useless most likely for a backward job like that and also those games suck and are barely worth putting quarters into let alone 100s of hours of programming.

As for your second question:

League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2, Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Super Baseball 2020, Windjammers, Neo Turf Masters.
Thanks!