(Possibly) Dumb question about Hyper SF2

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I asked some folks I know on Facebook some time back, but never got an answer and recently got reminded of this. I first present the picture, with what I want to ask about in the red box:

55073_1672365491635_1312324170_1879582_5855375_o.jpg

Now, I know selecting a specific groove in this game will change the super gauge to that character version's game logo (i.e. when you choose...say, 'Super' then choose a character, this shows up at the bottom of the screen:
superII.png
). I had first seen this while watching X-Mania 7 a while back and it confused me. It looks like the logo for Super SFII X, which made me think that the player chose old T.Hawk. But, since you can just choose the Super versions of characters, I would think the normal way to choose old characters from Super Turbo would be gone. And if they had chosen just a regular Super Turbo version of a character, the super bar would appear down there. So, my question to anyone here that has spent a lot of time with this game: what prompts this logo to show up?

I know, stupid random question is stupid random. But, it's late, I'm bored and this is bugging me. :lolz:

Edit: Okay, did more searching and answered my own question. Holding Start when selecting 'Super' as your player type will cause the logo in question to show up. Looks like when you do that, it makes the character play like the 'old' versions that were present in Super Turbo. Now I can put this dumb-ass quest to bed. lol

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you can still choose 'old' characters even with the super option available. I know this doesn't answer your question but hey. :emb:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I could be wrong but I think you can still pick the old versions of each character if you choose the ST versions. I remember reading somewhere that O. Sagat was nerfed pretty heavily in HSF2, his Tiger Shots have more recovery time on them.

Edit: kernow beat me to it.

Last edited: