Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I've started my CMVS project using an MV-1C. I'm going to turn the ABS shell into a sort of supergun exoskeleton for it. It's going to be simple, with only controller ports, a molex jack for 5v/12v, and RGB/stereo out.

I cleaned up the board this afternoon and installed a Unibios 3.2 using the NeoBiosMasta. It took about 10 minutes to install. I'm extremely impressed with the NBM.

Next up is a shotgun recap and then modding my 161-in-1 with GadgetUK's fixes.

_DSC4480.jpg_DSC4485.jpg

I don't see a lot of vertical cmvs (like miisalo's). Is there any reason for not going this direction? I am looking to get my hands on a 1f or 1fs board for my (eventual) cmvs build. I've got big plans for it. It's awesome seeing all the great cmvs builds on here.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't see a lot of vertical cmvs (like miisalo's). Is there any reason for not going this direction? I am looking to get my hands on a 1f or 1fs board for my (eventual) cmvs build. I've got big plans for it. It's awesome seeing all the great cmvs builds on here.

You mean horizontal? The board he is using is a horizontal loading board just placed on it's back.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I mean with it oriented vertically.

It's been done before, it just isn't popular to do it like that with a Hori board. NeoTurfMasta made one call the Micro MVS which was I think an MV1B converted to a top loader.

ruffian_es

n00b
Hi everybody. This one is my little girl, it was made by distropia.
58ade0239d5fcbb3b7043dcbb2e335cf.jpg

6740f804db77b8d20baf79a55d197f25.jpg

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
unf, i want mine to look like that one my distropia. :O how much did it run you?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yes, I'd like to know the price tag of those too. However I'd steer clear of the internal VGA scaler and get an external one, so you can use it with other RGB consoles as well and upgrade it later if you want (from a GBS-8220 [which I guess is used in his CMVSes] to a Framemeister for example).

Maybe you could ask him (here or here)...

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
@xsq: yes, is the only one VGA scaler that fits inside. Through the Scart, you can feed an external Framemeister if desired. I'd love to find something between the gonbes and the framemeister to fit inside. Anyways the gonbes plus the internal sync cleaner works nice, not perfect as a framemeister but nice.

Last price tag for that model was 499 eur (I didn't put it, just placed some auctions and all of them finished at that), but I made a new model with external memory card reader (propietary pcb, but thanks to DG and NTM) and is a bit more complicated to build. I guess for the new model I'll do the same, let the people put the price on ebay.

Many people wrote me asking for a unit, but due to MANY personal affairs during the last 2 years (including having a baby), kept me VERY busy. So much that barely had the time to answer emails. Now, I'll make efforts to answer everyone and make some units. This post turned out to be a kind of public apologize.

Aside that, very pleased you guys like it.

xsq

@distropia: Yeah, I have a GBS-8220 with sync strike and scanline generator as well, the result is very nice for what they cost. Still, an external scaler has the advantage that you can use it with more than 1 console. Your CMVSes look very nice and are thought through, I like the desing very much (especially that UniBIOS, battery etc. are accessible so easily).

Could you post a picture of the memory card reader PCB you made? That sounds like an awesome feature to have with 1 slots.

Good work and congratulations on your offspring.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How come you don't make the mem card reader internal?

omf-mem-card.jpg

Sludgepond

n00b
I love looking at this thread to get some ideas for my project! I really like the look of ruffian's. Is that a Mac mini shell or just similar design?
Just a quick tech question: is it possible to replace the battery and use 2 aaa rechargeable batteries? Just so there's no need to disable the recharge circuit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I love looking at this thread to get some ideas for my project! I really like the look of ruffian's. Is that a Mac mini shell or just similar design?
Just a quick tech question: is it possible to replace the battery and use 2 aaa rechargeable batteries? Just so there's no need to disable the recharge circuit.

Why not just get a rechargeable coin cell instead of AAAs? AAAs tend to leak way more often than coin cells.

xsq

I'm assuming the reader is internal, distropia just wanted to stress that you can use a physical memory card (making the memory card itself "external" as opposed to a VMC like it is used in the Omega).

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Why not just get a rechargeable coin cell instead of AAAs? AAAs tend to leak way more often than coin cells.

^ This is something the pinball industry had issues with using AAs for holding settings. They would leak everywhere and eat away MPUs. Most go with rechargeable coin cells as XX mentions.

Sludgepond

n00b

I already have 2 rechargeable aaa batteries laying around that I don't use. Kind of figure I can just spend the money on the aaa holder and not a battery along with it.
Edit: now I'm worried about battery leakage.

Last edited:

xsq

now I'm worried about battery leakage.
It also looks a lot cleaner with a coin cell holder because those fit onto the boards very well, a 2 AAA holder on the other hand...

Sludgepond

n00b
Going button cell. Thanks! Sorry to hijack the thread.
I hope to have some sexy pics to post of my project in a month or two :)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member

View attachment 24082

I'm assuming the reader is internal, distropia just wanted to stress that you can use a physical memory card (making the memory card itself "external" as opposed to a VMC like it is used in the Omega).

Yup, exactly. Maybe I didn't expressed it properly:

publicneogeoq.jpg

Sorry for the big letters, but someone already stole pics from me to scam people.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I figured it was an actual reader, the way it was worded sounded like it was an attachment via a cable which would have been really interesting to see.