Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey wyo: Where's the top of that Omega? Trying to avoid insertion marks on your NOS MVS carts? ^^

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey wyo: Where's the top of that Omega? Trying to avoid insertion marks on your NOS MVS carts? ^^

The cart slot is too tight for Razion's immense girth.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Not sure as I don't have one. I will say this though: all games fit more snugly than I would like.
you must have an earlier Omega, I think Quan made the cart slot a bit wider in the later revisions because the 161 multicarts were not fitting in it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
you must have an earlier Omega, I think Quan made the cart slot a bit wider in the later revisions because the 161 multicarts were not fitting in it.

When Quan made the Omega he only measured the width of the early release carts, he didn't know that SNK widened the newer carts by about 2mm. That's most newer carts you had to kind of squeeze them in and on the 161 is was a bit wider than that. You can easily mod your Omega and widen the cart slot as I did before, you just need a dremel and a steady hand. I think Quan was also selling the newer top shells with the widened slots.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
When Quan made the Omega he only measured the width of the early release carts, he didn't know that SNK widened the newer carts by about 2mm. That's most newer carts you had to kind of squeeze them in and on the 161 is was a bit wider than that. You can easily mod your Omega and widen the cart slot as I did before, you just need a dremel and a steady hand. I think Quan was also selling the newer top shells with the widened slots.

It's actually the opposite. Aside from boot shells, the earlier carts were wider than the later releases. I used a Metal Slug cart as a reference thinking all the carts were the same width.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's actually the opposite. Aside from boot shells, the earlier carts were wider than the later releases. I used a Metal Slug cart as a reference thinking all the carts were the same width.

Ahh, yes, now I remember. I made the same mistake on one of my early CMVS units as well.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ahh, yes, now I remember. I made the same mistake on one of my early CMVS units as well.

Strange, all my original carts from NAM-1975 and Magician Lord (oldest) to SSV and MS5 (newest) fit perfectly in my Omega, the only carts that had tight fit were the 161, Razion and Gunlord. Even Knight's Chance fit well, however I enlargened teh slot a bit for the wooden carts to fit better.

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Strange, all my original carts from NAM-1975 and Magician Lord (oldest) to SSV and MS5 (newest) fit perfectly in my Omega, the only carts that had tight fit were the 161, Razion and Gunlord. Even Knight's Chance fit well, however I enlargened teh slot a bit for the wooden carts to fit better.

Regards.

You only need to widen it about 1-2mm, not much.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
You only need to widen it about 1-2mm, not much.

That's correct. I used an exacto knife to take some of the plastic away. Now the slot works perfect with all carts and the appearance of the Omega is intact :)

Regards.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I'm building my next CMVS or in fact kind of Supergun case for MV-1B, 1A or 1FZ. I could make project thread for this, but I don't know where would it go in the forums. Going to finish it this week.

But let me present to you CMVS Metal Slug Edition: Slideshow and just the Album

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Good Job Miikka ! I always love to see the final product + how it was made.

xsq

WOHO! That is one clean install. Very impressive overall, this is the way to do it.
Especially the custom PCB for the stereo mod, super nice.

xsq

oh, btw. I know it's probably nonsense to ask, but do you have ventilation in there?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Nope. Worst current draw I measured was with the multicart and it was just under 1A. That equals 5W of heat production. Should not be problem to the metal box to dissipate it, but I'll later log the temperatures inside so I know if I need to leave lid open or maybe add some ventilation.

I think I'm done with the military style CMVSes after this. I might make some controllers for it but my next CMVS will probably be either be steampunk, scifi or old scifi style (lots of blinking leds etc). Or just something really clean white for the wife accepts it to the living room -factor.

Last edited:

xsq

yup, that's what I thought. Again: Great work.

I'm looking forward to your next project, sounds like lot of good ideas... I think a cyberpunk themed CMVS would be cool and fitting for the Neo.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah, the 1B and 1C boards draw very little power. I imagine you could probably power them off the common 5v cell phone charger.

Great work on the CMVS.

Question though: Why add the pots for the RGB lines? Why not just a resistor inline for the RGB channels?

Or is the Jamma harness long enough where you can pull it out and attach it to a different pcb?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Lid off, it could take 1A or 1FZ in, turning harness around, it can act as supergun (needs line level sound connected to my tiny scart board). BUT...pots are mostly aesthetic thing, wanted to get certain look, and partly there because I have noticed that my crt likes bit higher RGB voltages vs. framemeister mini for perfect picture.

And just adding resistors (pull-downs or incline) would have been too easy :mr_t:

Edit: Actually, can't take longer boards in while controller ports are in place

Last edited: