Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Here's a photo of a Neo Geo AES I modded to look like a CDZ. I'm really happy with the way it came out, but disappointed with the load times.

52531265938_4cc170d6ee.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The PSU I'm using right now is the one that came with my JNX CMVS, it's a 5V 3A center positive 2.1mm barrel. I've ordered a new PSU from Digikey with the similar specs as a spare, part number WSU050-4000. The jack is also from Digikey, part no 54-00063.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
WISE FROM YO GWAVE!

With all the mods I've done, I've never actually build a CMVS from scratch, only tinkered with already built ones. I started a 2 slot project about 10 years ago but abandoned it when I moved and gave the parts to a friend. Well, I decided to give it another shot. I'm not 100% finished, but it's almost done.

This is what I started with. Not in terrible shape, but it was pretty nasty and took a lot to clean up.
View attachment 60984

And here it is now

View attachment 60987View attachment 60986View attachment 60985

I sanded and painted the cover, changed the battery, added a Unibios, gave it a recap, and a 5V mod. Video encoders are kinda pointless these days so it just has a Neo compatible DIN jack in the back and a power jack on the other side. I was going to build an audio circuit to give it clean line level audio but when testing the headphone jacks they already output an amazingly clean signal, so I'm just pulling audio from there. Wrapping it up is one of Lions3's plate kits. The only thing left to do is redo the video. I currently just have the old school method of wiring RGB to resistors, and it looks fine, but I have some OSHPark PCBS ordered that haven't come in yet for a proper buffered RGB signal that I'll put in it.

By the way, you might notice in the side pic the memory card plastic guide is bent. I can lift it up and put in a card just fine, but if anyone has any good ideas on how to straighten it out I'd like to hear it. I couldn't find a replacement piece online without buying a whole junk PCB or memory card reader.
Oh man that slick.
I do hope he makes some more for the MV-1.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The 2 slut CMVS was too easy, I needed a challenge. My first CMVS was a MV1FZ that someone else made that died long ago. I wanted to make another one that was similar, but less science-project-y. Man, that was not a good idea, it takes a hell of a lot of work to make one, cram it in the limited space and have it look decent.

mv1fsz1.jpgmv1fsz2.jpgmv1fsz3.jpg

I'm using the same 7374 based video amp as my 2 slot, and MKL's audio circuit I put together on a little OSH Park PCB. Kinda hard to fit all that under the plastic cover without having wires sticking out everywhere. Man, that audio circuit is The Truth, this thing sounds awesome.

The electronics are all done, but I have some finishing touches to do on the exterior before it's complete.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Nice and clean kern. While I admire the minimalistic approach I simply like stuff too much to pare down my collection to such a refined selection.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Oh and before I forget - yes Joe we know that PS5's do not come in black. He has obviously used a custom shell, and not obtained some limited kernow Edition PS5.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are two options. By default with a unibios, with both games in the slots select only charges games if you set it to AES mode, which is good enough for most. I connected a jumper wire between select and coin at vias near the jamma edge, so when I press select it hits both game select and coin in. This is slightly annoying if you want to play the game in slot 1b as you have to hit select twice, but not a big deal.

A better solution would be to add a select button to the cmvs itself but I didn’t want to drill another hole.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
@GohanX might be a dumb question but on the 2slut, what did you do to toggle between games?
The select button on your joystick corresponds to the select button on an MVS cab. You can just plug a controller into the ports on the board and use the select button, with or without a Unibios.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, I had that backwards. The button is tied to select game and not coin. The problem is in a multislot in mvs mode you have no way of adding coins with select if you have more than one cart if it’s not in a cab. My little jumper wires fixes the issue.

You could also set the dipswitch to freeplay.

Last edited: