Post Your 90's Game Room

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Hey, no embarassment can happen if you have no friends. Lifehax!

Once I started going back to old video games that just became a minor personality quirk I was known for. Nothing changed with friends, no one ever shouted LOOK AT THIS FAGIT AND HIS VIDEOGAMES POINT AND LAUGH. Women on the other hand... ok I did hide 'em. lol

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was never embarrassed. I had all my systems mounted and wired for use in my college apartment. I usually had at least 8 systems hooked up and on display. College women didn't really take notice of your apartment or videogames. At least the ones I took home never commented. Retro games weren't that big, so even most guys didn't take note. I would get the occasional comment during a party but that was it.

I have zero systems on display now. I have plenty of space for a retro man cave, but I don't really care for one anymore.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Because it’s not important. It’s like someone eating a slice of white bread, would you take a photo of that?
As I've gotten older, I've discovered the importance of taking pictures of the mundane. My wife throwing our dog a toy. Dinner at home. Movie night. Small moments that are nice to look back on some years down the road.

So many people who lament not having any pictures of their parents after they've died is enough to change perspective.

Hell, I sure wish I had some pictures of Chuck E. Cheese's from when I was a kid. I'd probably look at them more than my Angkor Wat pictures.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
As I've gotten older, I've discovered the importance of taking pictures of the mundane. My wife throwing our dog a toy. Dinner at home. Movie night. Small moments that are nice to look back on some years down the road.

So many people who lament not having any pictures of their parents after they've died is enough to change perspective.

Hell, I sure wish I had some pictures of Chuck E. Cheese's from when I was a kid. I'd probably look at them more than my Angkor Wat pictures.
You were embarassed of your video gaming past, seem mostly depressed by your present, but look forward to the future because you will have photos of your dead parents?

Somebody get this man litre 7.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don't have any video game pictures from back in the 90s/early 2000s. They would have just been pictures of my room. I do have a lot of pictures from college because of Facebook, of all things, lol - but back then it was stuff I'd put up from my digital camera. It's mostly party pics.

I had a friend who took a lot of pictures during HS though and did scrapbooking.

On a whim over 2>Xmas my mother showed me that she had her mother's (my grandmother) year book. Pretty wild, I think it was from when my grandma was a senior in 1938.

I used to text my friend pictures of him from our HS yearbook. Just out of the blue, and I'd do it years apart. Heh.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The dirty rat :tickled: (which btw are my bosses these days)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got another. this is 2003 after my bachelor's. Back Home. Working part time thinking about next steps.

Mac or PC? How about both!

I am still using this Aeron Chair, so that makes it at least 20 years old. If anyone questions why someone would buy a $800 chair... that's why. I actually got mine from a failed startup company for the price of $0 thanks to a friend.

BONUS challenge: Wtf am I playing on the computer? I have no idea, and I've stared at this for days.

2003.JPG

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year

This thought was espoused in the Jim Jarmusch film Mystery Train.