Banda Aceh Aftermath
BandaAceh.jpg

DSCN0320.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Pretty intense man, that pic with all the rubble by the water is oevrwhelming as hell.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Whoa Replica X, you were in Iraq when it was super fuckin dangerous. I was there last year when Balad/LSA Anaconda was all built up and had all kinds of recreational shit and stuff. What branch of the military are/were you in?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Whoa Replica X, you were in Iraq when it was super fuckin dangerous. I was there last year when Balad/LSA Anaconda was all built up and had all kinds of recreational shit and stuff. What branch of the military are/were you in?
My main tour in Iraq consisted of the Baghdad International Airport and Mosul Airport seizures.

I was in the USAF, my 1st 2 years consisted of Aircraft Comm/Nav and Mission Systems. After that I changed into a new Specialty Code under Air Mobility Command and was trained by AFSOC for Airfield Assessment and Seizure Operations. I had to get Jump and Air Assault certifications, basic Air Traffic Control, as well as special weapons training and worked joint with the 82nd and 101st Ranger Battalions.

After the success of those seizures the USAF established 2 new wings under the 15th Global Mobility Task Force called Contingency Response Wings. I was test bait for a new force that Seized, Assessed, and Established Airbases for Joint Military needs as well as disaster relief which I did Tsunami SAR and Katrina SAR as well as airfield assessments of New Orleans International and Keesler AFB, MS.

I was "lucky" to experience 2 sides of the military, War and Humanitarian Relief.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I'm being serious when I say this but WOW, you sound like the most awesome troop ever. My career pales in comparison. I was a Weapons Loader on F-16's. The most humanitarian thing I ever did was go the hospital at Balad and help out with suicide bomber victims. Other than that, I did nada.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I had fun fixing aircraft the first few years. Qualified on KC-10s, C-5s, C-17s and C-130s. Funny how I fixed them and later on jumped out of them. I was just lucky for where I've been and the training I received.

I did 6 years (2000-2006) and have been all over the world. Only thing I wish didn't happen was the injuries I got from the job. I will most likely will never jump out of an aircraft again... Something I actually enjoyed even with 80lbs of gear on.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I had fun fixing aircraft the first few years. Qualified on KC-10s, C-5s, C-17s and C-130s. Funny how I fixed them and later on jumped out of them. I was just lucky for where I've been and the training I received.

I did 6 years (2000-2006) and have been all over the world. Only thing I wish didn't happen was the injuries I got from the job. I will most likely will never jump out of an aircraft again... Something I actually enjoyed even with 80lbs of gear on.

What happened?

How many jumps do you have? Are they all static line jumps?

I don't think even if I got hurt skydiving, it would prevent me from jumping again (unless I died :p).

aria

Former Moderator
Bandar Aceh, as soon as I read the words I couldn't even imagine how dramatic that might have been (not that I'd imagine Iraq was boring or anything).

In college I knew a guy who had returned to school after doing a stint with the Marines. He was one of those who were sent on Operation Distant Runner to evacuate Americans out of Rwanda during the insane genocide that broke out in the 90s. He said several guys came back seriously f---ed in the head after what they saw (and, like all international forces at the time, they weren't allowed to intervene as people were slaughtering each other with machetes and things). My studies were all in international relations, I couldn't even fathom being on the ground while that was going on. I've always been fascinated by Roméo Dallaire's experience, I couldn't even imagine how depressed I would've been in his situation.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno, but this question could have been way more epic if you had placed a pic of vicente all kinds of puzzled and stuff...with the crow of course.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Revolutionary Cleaning Kick of freedom, hope and not wanting to vacuum.
RevolutionaryKick002.jpg

Revolutionary seal of approval granted by the...
RST.jpg

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
RevolutionaryKick002.jpg

RST.jpg

that is definitely one of the top 10 kicks I've ever seen in my life. The face also goes well with it.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
RevolutionaryKick002.jpg

RST.jpg

Dude. I totally wish I could come over to you place and play some of those games on that shelf of yours. You seem like one of the cooler people from these forums to kick it with. Plus your room is clean as hell. Playing retro games is always nice but sometimes piles of dirty laundry can effect your game. It gets in the way of your motions. Great for a makeshift bed though. I know from experience. I'm living in Tokyo and will never feel like anywhere here is my home, so fuck cleaning and settling down for now. I wouldn't have enough room to do a "Revolutionary Kick" even if my place were spotless anyway.

Last edited: