### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This is probably the longest my hair has ever gotten, so I took a photo before I had to get it cut.
ae7911c8ec9fd82dce6a04eccd09f847.jpg

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Cowboys from hell, it’s great, insane vocals on Dommination, Halford caliber. Anselmo had decent pipes, but The music went the way it did. Not a fan of anything else other than CFH. Maybe a song or two here and there, vulgar and Far beyond have a couple songs a piece. I just felt the music took a different direction and it wasn’t for me.

Phil is just a waste of a human meatbag. I never much enjoyed his vocals. He sounds like he's just trying way too fucking hard. I agree there's a few songs that are alright. I like Claudio Sanchez's vocals though, so I don't know if I'm broken or what.

If you don’t get it, it ain’t meant for you.

Pussy.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Regardless of the label placed upon the music, they, much like Pantera, suck giant butter dick banana titties, and were music written for fat white guys from the suburbs who work in IT departments.

Haaaaaaaaa.

Post of the year.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Phil is just a waste of a human meatbag. I never much enjoyed his vocals. He sounds like he's just trying way too fucking hard. I agree there's a few songs that are alright. I like Claudio Sanchez's vocals though, so I don't know if I'm broken or what.

What the fuck man. Anselmo is one of the greatest vocalists in rock music history. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this shit is out there. Sounds like hes trying too hard? The mind boggles

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
What the fuck man. Anselmo is one of the greatest vocalists in rock music history. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this shit is out there. Sounds like hes trying too hard? The mind boggles

I just don't agree with that sentiment. I dunno. He has range, I'll give him that. I just don't like the way the guy sounds. Especially when he's trying to cover those upper ranges or do octave transition. I kinda put him in the same category as Dave Mustaine or Bob Dylan as far as how much I like his vocals. He's a racist, junkie piece of shit so... Like I was saying earlier, I dig Pantera's instrument work. It is what it is.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I just don't agree with that sentiment. I dunno. He has range, I'll give him that. I just don't like the way the guy sounds. Especially when he's trying to cover those upper ranges or do octave transition. I kinda put him in the same category as Dave Mustaine or Bob Dylan as far as how much I like his vocals. He's a racist, junkie piece of shit so... Like I was saying earlier, I dig Pantera's instrument work. It is what it is.

Who gives a shit if he's a junkie
M
E
H
but ok. I just don't get it but ok.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sometimes it's good to separate the art from the artist. If we're going to exclude junkies, that's like 1/2 the bands I like, man.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
There's nothing inherently morally wrong with being a junkie. Calling someone a racist and a junkie all in the same breath to criticise them seems at least odd and at most hypocritical

In any case, maybe we can move on. The general consensus amongst music lovers is that Pantera is a seminal exponent of their particular craft and that Anselmo is a singularly talented vocalist. We can all agree to disagree, individuall discordant opinions from those who listen to this type of music are obviously valid, but only to a limited degree.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Pantera rocks, screw the haters. Go listen to something else, wimps.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pantera rocks, screw the haters. Go listen to something else, wimps.

Seconded.

Look, here's the deal... If you were into metal in 1990, you had Cowboys from Hell in your tape deck until it wore out. End of story!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Redacted - ah maybe too much TMI

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Double post foolery

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I may just need to change my pixelated-tribute-to-Saner avatar...

Hmm...