### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Not trying to be a dick, but you leave your Porsche exposed to the elements? Doesn’t it need a little more tlc?

Yup it's not ideal. Best compromise for me is that last year I put the 911 into secure winter storage from November to March - the coldest and wettest months (l could probably make a damp minge joke here) is when rust is most likely to seep into the bodywork.

This winter the 911 is going into winter storage shortly. I'll keep the 924 out over winter as the bodywork on that car is already scratched down to the metal in some spots, dented and in need for TLC - I'll treat it to a full respray back to factory fresh and rust protection on the underside when my 'bonus' hopefully arrives in June. It's going to be an expensive job, I estimate at least a couple of grand.

I'll add that I am going to get one of those 'repair your own scratch' kits to cover the scratched bits of bodywork on the 924 so at least nothing gets much worse over the winter. Even if the colour matching looks a bit shit.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a friend who owns a bunch of pricey cars...I'm not a car guy but he has 4 porches, a Khmet Gia or something weird like that and a bunch of other stuff I dont even know. But he basically has a 2 story garage that lifts some cars into the air. It's kind of ridiculous but also kind of awesome. The garage itself is an eysore though so I am sure his neighbors hate it. :D

He's an optometrist, both his parents were doctors and he's an only child. He's also gay so no spouse and no kids. Long story short, he basically shits money.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I have a friend who owns a bunch of pricey cars...I'm not a car guy but he has 4 porches, a Khmet Gia or something weird like that and a bunch of other stuff I dont even know. But he basically has a 2 story garage that lifts some cars into the air. It's kind of ridiculous but also kind of awesome. The garage itself is an eysore though so I am sure his neighbors hate it. :D

He's an optometrist, both his parents were doctors and he's an only child. He's also gay so no spouse and no kids. Long story short, he basically shits money.
That’s nothing, I have 4 porches too! There’s a 1-eyed monster joke somewhere in there too…

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That’s nothing, I have 4 porches too! There’s a 1-eyed monster joke somewhere in there too…

I was scared that maybe Neo_Moe was propositioning me to be his new 'gay pal' in exchange for a couple more Porsches.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Damn beaten to the porches joke. :annoyed:

We have four toilets... does that count? No? I'll get my coat........

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Goodmans
Aiwa
Bush
Alba

Actually, I quite liked some of my Aiwa stuff
You forgot:

Saisho
Ferguson
Amstrad
Matsui

Wtf is wrong with Aiwa? They made a Mega Drive / Mega CD boom box combo!!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You forgot:

Saisho
Ferguson
Amstrad
Matsui

Wtf is wrong with Aiwa? They made a Mega Drive / Mega CD boom box combo!!
Yeah - I was wrong on Aiwa. In fact the best cassette player I ever owned was aiwa:

Aiwa-HS-PX347a.jpg

There's a theme with all the total shit electronics brands we've picked out - they're basically any electronics company with a link to the UK...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah - I was wrong on Aiwa. In fact the best cassette player I ever owned was aiwa:

View attachment 61298

There's a theme with all the total shit electronics brands we've picked out - they're basically any electronics company with a link to the UK...
Yep - Argos, Index (remember them?), Comet, Dixons, Currys etc.

Yeah, Aiwa did some nice stuff... are they still around? Are those crap brands stills around? Probably been forced out the market by the glut of spurious Chinese brands I see everywhere.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Yep - Argos, Index (remember them?), Comet, Dixons, Currys etc.

Yeah, Aiwa did some nice stuff... are they still around? Are those crap brands stills around? Probably been forced out the market by the glut of spurious Chinese brands I see everywhere.
Aiwa isn't around anymore. If memory serves, Sony bought them out in the early aughts and dissolved the brand a few years later. I swore by them in the 90's, though. Great brand with good performance and half the price of the more expensive brands.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Aiwa isn't around anymore. If memory serves, Sony bought them out in the early aughts and dissolved the brand a few years later. I swore by them in the 90's, though. Great brand with good performance and half the price of the more expensive brands.
I still have one in my shop, don't use any inputs on it beyond radio & AUX...sounds great for what it is

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Now that's the pic :cool:
All teeth, mohawk, leather, camo and sunshine :beer:
Diggin those shades too - trade that ring for a bone and you score 110%