Post Your Recent Purchases!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I've searched for 15 years or so to find nice Neo Candy Cabs and finally have two of them

Ive seen lots of them pop up. Any reason why you didn’t pick up one or two and fix them up yourself? 15 years is a long time to wait just for a “turn key” cabinet.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Ive seen lots of them pop up. Any reason why you didn’t pick up one or two and fix them up yourself? 15 years is a long time to wait just for a “turn key” cabinet.

In my opinion Neo candy cabs are very hard to find if you want them original. Most have been repainted, have added buttons to the CP, etc. I rarely see them pop up for sale anymore either, regardless of condition. I could be looking in the wrong places though. I feel most people that have them today are hardcore fans and it’s pretty hard to get them to sell unless you grossly overpay.

When I first joined the forums here and they were a lot more readily available since Arcade Infinity was still around I was also a lot younger and always missed them because I either couldn’t afford them, didn’t have the space because I was sharing a flat with many roommates, or someone swooped in on them before me.

I did have a candy cab when I was younger at one point though, settled on an Impress I got from a member here named 300Wins because I couldn’t find a Neo cab at the time, kept getting beat out by someone who saw the sale first etc. It was still great though... Had that rocking with Alien vs. Predator. Sold that to Jorge (forgot his exact username) when I went to college though many years back since my dorm didn’t have the space. I’d love to have an Impress again as well.

So yea, I guess I’ve been actively searching off and on for 15 years or so and have always wanted a few but they always eluded me for one reason or another. Now it’s the right time of my life where I was finally able to secure a couple.

I’m sure I’ll be on the hunt for more cabs soon, already addicted after getting these. Mainly after an Impress or some other Capcom candy cab going forward to have a dedicated machine to play CPS2 on but would never pass up another nice Neo one. Definitely need to move to a bigger space first though if I want to continue with all that.

For now just enjoying the hell out of these. Have had Ninja Masters, Kizuna Encounter, Twinkle Star Sprites, Shock Troopers, Blazing Star and Metal Slug 3 on constant rotation.

You have any cabs yourself?

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
You have any cabs yourself?

I have:
Egret 2 x2
Egret 3
Windy 2 x2
Madonna
Canary
Neo Sc-19
Sega T-13 table
Vewlix L ami
Vewlix diamond

I’ve had others in the past. The majority of my cabs have come to me as projects and I fix them up. Panels can be found or made, panting cabs is something that will have to be done eventually, as they fade and yellow over time. TLDR, you could have gotten those cabs a while ago and fixed them up yourself. The canary is the only of my cabs that took me years of search and it was a beater.

Id received it like this:

uu2Pmmc.jpg

Finished it:

LAzjczIl.jpg

Did the same work on the neo 25 next it to before I sold it.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Got a new PCB in the mail today...it’s a strange, alien themed, mini-game compilation party game.

Uchuu Daisakusen Chocovader Contactee!

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Got a new PCB in the mail today...it’s a strange, alien themed, mini-game compilation party game.

Uchuu Daisakusen Chocovader Contactee!

Pretty exotic item. The mini-games seem a bit like some of the simpler mobile games of today.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Just had a box I shipped from japan 3 months ago arrive, only game not shown is Neo Bomberman. Nothing terribly crazy here, mostly sub $100 games aside from MOTW, Andro Dunos, and Neo Bomberman. Bunch of KOF, both Stakes Winners, FF3, Real Bout, Master of Shogi, League Bowling, Fire Suplex, Quiz KOF.

Also got this sweet new old stock Irritating Maze cart. I don't have a pic but I also picked up new old stock Hyper 64 fighting board from the same guy.

Non Neo Geo are these old arcade promo displays for Makaimura and SF2.

neo box.jpgIritating maze new.jpgmakaimura.jpgstreet fighter display.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20210122_171958.jpg

The Satiator!

Attachments

• 20210122_170939.jpg
    20210122_170939.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 168

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
$259 + 2 day shipping

Getting a sd ready then I'll get their files. It feels solid, nothing flimsy or cheap. A few updates in I hope the menu will be more Mode like. I've heard that the Satiator Menu is fine but could be better.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
A bit of a splurge from selling off my home carts, I decided on scooping up a couple of Cave titles that I enjoy in kit form, DoDonPachi Daioujou and Espgaluda. I already got the batteries off the PCBs and I have new ones on the way which I'll check up on regularly. I also got a 27C160 eprom so I can program it and upgrade my White Label DOJ to Black Label.

NP5fD03.jpg

LsdZwoM.jpg

q6ooHBq.jpg

IZJGDBQ.jpg

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
A bit of a splurge from selling off my home carts, I decided on scooping up a couple of Cave titles that I enjoy in kit form, DoDonPachi Daioujou and Espgaluda. I already got the batteries off the PCBs and I have new ones on the way which I'll check up on regularly. I also got a 27C160 eprom so I can program it and upgrade my White Label DOJ to Black Label.

Nice clean looking Espgaluda. I like the way Cave kits come with some big arts.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
C732762F-A27E-4A79-8F58-CEBEE5C4BC16_1_201_a.jpeg

I bought this Sonic the hedgehog abstract art piece for $30 shipped. The right pupil definitely looks a bit off but I like it irregardless. I'm searching for a 11x14 frame or I might take it to Michals to have it done professionally..

I also purchased quite a bit of dreamcast stuff in the last few weeks but I am still waiting on a few games to arrive before I take pics.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
View attachment 58950

I bought this Sonic the hedgehog abstract art piece for $30 shipped. The right pupil definitely looks a bit off but I like it irregardless. I'm searching for a 11x14 frame or I might take it to Michals to have it done professionally..

I also purchased quite a bit of dreamcast stuff in the last few weeks but I am still waiting on a few games to arrive before I take pics.

It's abstract alright.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
The multiple pictures are to show that it is a 1st edition/1st printing. Also some people actually work hard labor jobs that involve their hands getting dirty. Not everyone can be as lucky as you and make their money off webcam bukkake videos, dipshit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
so you can't clean your fingernails just because you're working? I think you're probably just a lazy, umkempt asshole.
They're probably dirty from fisting too many assholes in a row.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
so you can't clean your fingernails just because you're working? I think you're probably just a lazy, umkempt asshole.
They're probably dirty from fisting too many assholes in a row.

This sort of talk doesn't belong here. Is there no moderation anywhere on this forum?