Post Your Recent Purchases!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Ordered this almost a year ago and it finally arrived. It's pretty awesome.
Also, the photo is from the website.

book.jpg

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Glad to see these going out. Still waiting on my copy. It's been shipped, but it's been "accepted" at the post in Europe since 1/10 and hasn't moved...The demo of the game was fantastic. They sent me a rom, but I wanted to wait until I got the cart to play the full game. How you liking it so far?

Fletch

n00b
Glad to see these going out. Still waiting on my copy. It's been shipped, but it's been "accepted" at the post in Europe since 1/10 and hasn't moved...The demo of the game was fantastic. They sent me a rom, but I wanted to wait until I got the cart to play the full game. How you liking it so far?
Their shipping is the slowest in the world. It took mine 45 days from when it shipped to reach me. Hopefully your cart isn’t defective like mine was or you’re looking at another 2 months because they make you ship it back. Their customer service also leaves a lot to be desired. It is a fun game though. Good luck!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Interested in how this actually plays. Many of the 16 bit fighters don’t hold up so well for me. Worth picking up on its own merits?
Yeah, I think it plays well for a 16 bit game. I do think the SNES version is pretty good also and much easier to get.

The megadrive version has a “KOF” type 4v4 battle royale mode for two players vs which the SNES version doesn’t, but the sound and colors are better on the SNES version.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Bit of a late post, but got this package in last Friday from From Japan/Suruga-ya. Wanted to up the Mega Drive collection with the AES games I recently sold - this is part of my haul. Thank god for ordering direct from Japan, as this bundle would have been almost double the price if I had sourced everything on Ebay. Devils Crash and Contra are in crispy mint condition as well.

Had never played Devil's Crash before (the MD version or PCE). I can't believe how good a 16-bit pinball game from 1990 is. It's a phenomenal game!

1643192642581.png

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Now that's a nice haul :drool_2:

That Power Instinct is looking good too. I think the SFC port looks & sounds better, but the MD version does have its charm and is indeed a great looking package.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bit of a late post, but got this package in last Friday from From Japan/Suruga-ya. Wanted to up the Mega Drive collection with the AES games I recently sold - this is part of my haul. Thank god for ordering direct from Japan, as this bundle would have been almost double the price if I had sourced everything on Ebay. Devils Crash and Contra are in crispy mint condition as well.

Had never played Devil's Crash before (the MD version or PCE). I can't believe how good a 16-bit pinball game from 1990 is. It's a phenomenal game!

View attachment 55444
I’ve been considering placing an order through them. Where you happy with what you got? How long did the order take to get to you?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I’ve been considering placing an order through them. Where you happy with what you got? How long did the order take to get to you?

I'm a Shogun Rank member with From Japan (which means I spend A LOT of money through them). ^_^ From Japan is super responsive with customer service, have reasonable finders fees that keep prices very low, and once all your items come in and you set up your shipment, FedEx is the cheapest option and I've never had to wait more than two business days from Japan to Ohio. It's crazy fast. The shipment above was $32 (I get a slight discount for my rank).

Suruga-ya gets a bad rap, but I've spent thousands of dollars on all sorts of games including many high-priced AES games. They give you a general description of what you're getting, though, and if there is any significant damage they typically reach out to From Japan and then FJ will reach out to me to ask about any discounts. I've had Suru offer up to a 20% discount before because of some damage that wasn't noticed until packaging. They are very careful. Every CD I've ordered from them has come in great shape as well. Once you place your order, it can take up to 8 days or so for Suru to get your games to From Japan or any other proxy - but there are also multiple options at Suru to choose from as they have many locations. Some locations will turn around your order in a day or two and prices do vary. It's a hell of a market place, but you have to use their Japanese site rather than their International site for the best deals and selection. https://www.suruga-ya.jp/

Overall, I've spent literally over $10k over the last few years ordering direct like this and have not regretted one purchase. Cheapest way to get retro games (if you don't mind imports) in the modern era by FAR. ^_^ Hope that helps.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'm a Shogun Rank member with From Japan (which means I spend A LOT of money through them). ^_^ From Japan is super responsive with customer service, have reasonable finders fees that keep prices very low, and once all your items come in and you set up your shipment, FedEx is the cheapest option and I've never had to wait more than two business days from Japan to Ohio. It's crazy fast. The shipment above was $32 (I get a slight discount for my rank).

Suruga-ya gets a bad rap, but I've spent thousands of dollars on all sorts of games including many high-priced AES games. They give you a general description of what you're getting, though, and if there is any significant damage they typically reach out to From Japan and then FJ will reach out to me to ask about any discounts. I've had Suru offer up to a 20% discount before because of some damage that wasn't noticed until packaging. They are very careful. Every CD I've ordered from them has come in great shape as well. Once you place your order, it can take up to 8 days or so for Suru to get your games to From Japan or any other proxy - but there are also multiple options at Suru to choose from as they have many locations. Some locations will turn around your order in a day or two and prices do vary. It's a hell of a market place, but you have to use their Japanese site rather than their International site for the best deals and selection. https://www.suruga-ya.jp/

Overall, I've spent literally over $10k over the last few years ordering direct like this and have not regretted one purchase. Cheapest way to get retro games (if you don't mind imports) in the modern era by FAR. ^_^ Hope that helps.
Thanks for the nice right up! I’ve never ordered from suruga direct but I have used From Japan before for a few items and was overall happy with them, I kind of stumbled upon their website at the time.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
7OXnrBJm.jpg
r9iZwwrm.jpg

Some fine scooping action.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Ordered this almost a year ago and it finally arrived. It's pretty awesome.
Also, the photo is from the website.

View attachment 55416

It's an amazing book. Reminds me of this series of Time Life encyclopedia books about the different world wars from when I was a kid, full of maps and photos. Except, you know, about a fictional universe. Ha

I posted some pics of it on a comic forum when my copy finally arrived a week or two back: