Post Your Recent Purchases!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why even have a backlog to begin with? Lol I've finished less than 20 games over the last 20+ years.
Agreed. I've beaten just about every game I've bought in the last 2 years, I never would have done that when I was collecting. That's not because I stopped buying games, it's because I actually started playing the ones that I did. I spent years wasting tons of time looking for what to buy next, hidden gems and keeping track of what new niche game was coming out so I could make sure to get it because of FOMO. I've gone through the collecting phase multiple times over the years and what actually broke the cycle is playing. You don't think about what you're missing out on or what piece is missing from your collection when that time is spent actually enjoying what you have.

I miss having shelves full of awesome oddball Japanese games with cool art but what good are they when the most time you spend interacting with them is rearranging them when you get another than needs to go on the shelf?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Agreed. I've beaten just about every game I've bought in the last 2 years, I never would have done that when I was collecting. That's not because I stopped buying games, it's because I actually started playing the ones that I did. I spent years wasting tons of time looking for what to buy next, hidden gems and keeping track of what new niche game was coming out so I could make sure to get it because of FOMO. I've gone through the collecting phase multiple times over the years and what actually broke the cycle is playing. You don't think about what you're missing out on or what piece is missing from your collection when that time is spent actually enjoying what you have.

I miss having shelves full of awesome oddball Japanese games with cool art but what good are they when the most time you spend interacting with them is rearranging them when you get another than needs to go on the shelf?
This MF'r spitten trufax right here.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

The only things really left in my backlog are JRPGS from the ps2/ps3 era. I really overestimated how much time I thought I'd have to play them. Also, thats the point in time when they really started to get weeb trash cringy. I've been meaning to sell them but these neckbeard condition whores really make me want to toss them in the trash. Its one of the reasons I like the arcade stuff so much, I can dedicate 30-45 mins and then move on.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only things really left in my backlog are JRPGS from the ps2/ps3 era. I really overestimated how much time I thought I'd have to play them. Also, thats the point in time when they really started to get weeb trash cringy. I've been meaning to sell them but these neckbeard condition whores really make me want to toss them in the trash. Its one of the reasons I like the arcade stuff so much, I can dedicate 30-45 mins and then move on.
Been there and most of those games are indeed weeb trash. Not only are those games extremely time consuming but they're also all the same. How many hours of your life do you want to waste playing as an effeminate spikey haired muppet with a giant sword running around generic villages and forests with a bunch of other cliched side characters and little girls smacking goofy little monsters so you can save the world for the umpteenth time from another generic spikey haired muppet?

The late PS1 era has some jrpg gems but in the last 20 years there's only been maybe 10 worthwhile games in the genre.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The late PS1 era has some jrpg gems but in the last 20 years there's only been maybe 10 worthwhile games in the genre.
Please list those ten titles. It seems every RPG I try is a weeb cringe-fest. I always think I will play all those RPG 's when I'm retired but even know I can barely get past the first 10 minutes of these games. The last game I tried was FF15

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Oh they're still full of weeb shit but either not to the extent of some others or the gameplay is good enough to put up with the cringe. FF has been straight up trash since the PS1 days.

Yakuza LAD (This isn't just a great jrpg it's one of the best in the entire series)
Nier Automata and Replicant
Persona 5 Royal
Valkyrie Chronicles Remake/4
SMT Nocturne HD
Ys VIII
Odin Sphere Remake

I have not played Ni No Kuni 2 or DQ XI but I have heard good things about them.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Oh they're still full of weeb shit but either not to the extent of some others or the gameplay is good enough to put up with the cringe. FF has been straight up trash since the PS1 days.

Yakuza LAD (This isn't just a great jrpg it's one of the best in the entire series)
Persona 5 Royal
SMT Nocturne HD
Ys VIII
Odin Sphere Remake

I have not played Ni No Kuni 2 or DQ XI but I have heard good things about them.
Thanks, Odin Sphere wasn't my thing but I'll try Like a Dragon. Have that somewhere and Y's VIII is also in my backlog

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Some more PC Engine stuff... pretty much done with this system now.

52437416447_f395649204.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Persona 5 Royal
SMT Nocturne HD
Ys VIII
Odin Sphere Remake

The Ys VIII is pretty much Adol on Gilligan's Island but its a damn good game.

But yeah, towards the end of the ps2 era I really started to lose interest in JRPGs, but thats also the same time they started getting really garbo. At some point I'm going to take a day and just list shit on ebay and let it ride until it sells.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Unbeknownst to people Sonic R is a horror game.

New day new shit to fill the endless void

Ryoko waifu and Ryo-ohki shipfu. Look at how happy ryo-ohki is in all its derpness.

IMG_1423.jpgIMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

Gauntlet Legends - Mortal Kombat 4 announcer narrates my D&D game
Bionic Command - Hitler I mean Master G is trying to destroy the world
Castlevania Chronicles - Belmont becomes a red head bishoujo fuck boi who walks like he needs to take a power dump
Medievil - Spooky Scary Skeleton
Friday the 13th - purple jumpsuit jason!

IMG_1426.jpg

The Revenge of Shinobi - A great fucking film, I am the shinobiest

Contra Shattered Soldier - So hard that my ps2 has a hard time reading it due to it being a blue disc to even begin one credit clearing it.

PN03 - Jill Valentine in cyberpunk

Castlevania Lament of Innocence - Another prequel prequel featuring raiden from metal gear solid 2 and his voice.

IMG_1427.jpg

Altered Beast - Great fucking film. Time to power up.

Altered Syndrome

Power Base converter

Alien Storm

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Ryoko waifu and Ryo-ohki shipfu. Look at how happy ryo-ohki is in all its derpness.

View attachment 60403View attachment 60404

View attachment 60405

Castlevania Chronicles - Belmont becomes a red head bishoujo fuck boi who walks like he needs to take a power dump

View attachment 60406

Contra Shattered Soldier - So hard that my ps2 has a hard time reading it due to it being a blue disc to even begin one credit clearing it.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence - Another prequel prequel featuring raiden from metal gear solid 2 and his voice.

View attachment 60407

Altered Syndrome

Power Base converter

Alien Storm
Nice scores Chu, I recognize a few of those ;) Here is what i got over last 4 weeks.

AES:

Sonic Wings 3
Ghost Pilots (Dog-Tag)
Slug 2 (JPN)
Pulstar
Last Resort (Dog-Tag)
Robo Army (Dog-Tag)
Mutation Nation (JPN)
KOTM (Dog-Tag)
Burning Fight (JPN)
Baseball Stars 2 (Dog-Tag)
Ninja Combat (JPN)

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
With the new boot of 1941, it's a sort of complete set. I'm just not willing to pay hundreds for a game anymore. At least this game. The same eBayers asking $600+ and people aren't buying them.

Attachments

• 20221022_201039.jpg
    20221022_201039.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

View attachment 60403View attachment 60404

View attachment 60405

View attachment 60406

View attachment 60407

Altered Syndrome

Power Base converter

Alien Storm
P.N.03 is a brutality underrated game.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice scores Chu, I recognize a few of those ;) Here is what i got over last 4 weeks.

AES:

Sonic Wings 3
Ghost Pilots (Dog-Tag)
Slug 2 (JPN)
Pulstar
Last Resort (Dog-Tag)
Robo Army (Dog-Tag)
Mutation Nation (JPN)
KOTM (Dog-Tag)
Burning Fight (JPN)
Baseball Stars 2 (Dog-Tag)
Ninja Combat (JPN)