Post Your Recent Purchases!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Could be worse lol, there are some physical releases that don't even come with a disc/cart and it's literally just a DL code in a box.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Could be worse lol, there are some physical releases that don't even come with a disc/cart and it's literally just a DL code in a box.

I would fucking riot, lol.

When I worked at EB, I was the guy that used to give the reps shit for having black & white manuals.

Not everyone is a gate-fold LP type of person…I get that. But this DDL era where folks are basically renting the shit they pay to own, grinds my gears.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I would fucking riot, lol.

When I worked at EB, I was the guy that used to give the reps shit for having black & manuals.

Not everyone is a gate-fold LP type of person…I get that. But this DDL era where folks are basically renting the shit they pay to own, grinds my gears.
Everytime I unwrap a new game and not see a printed manual I get the sads.
On that exceedingly rare occasion one is present I'm reminded of the glory days.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Nah. Most of these games don't even have content on the disc, it's just a DL authorization key.
Not really, most discs of from indie/slr/lgr-like companies do contain the game data on disc. You can easily test by turning off WiFi when first running the game.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The only positive is resale but at this point we're hoping the market for it still exists when you actually want to bail.
You sound like my wife. She wants a house in a better neighbourhood for the resale value. I just want a house where I like to live in.

I just went through my record collection took out two tubs of stuff I don’t care for anymore. I paid 2 to 10 euros each for this records. I could go on to discogs and list these painstakingly and make a couple of bucks or I could go to a thriftstore donate them and never think about them again. Some other kid will be happy he found his favourite record at a thriftstore.
Resale value is over rated , time isn’t.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You sound like my wife. She wants a house in a better neighbourhood for the resale value. I just want a house where I like to live in.

I just went through my record collection took out two tubs of stuff I don’t care for anymore. I paid 2 to 10 euros each for this records. I could go on to discogs and list these painstakingly and make a couple of bucks or I could go to a thriftstore donate them and never think about them again. Some other kid will be happy he found his favourite record at a thriftstore.
Resale value is over rated , time isn’t.
You mistake me for someone who actually cares what they're worth later on or even buys these sorts of things. Many here would have a breakdown knowing what I have tossed into the bin or given away over the years.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
You mistake me for someone who actually cares what they're worth later on or even buys these sorts of things. Many here would have a breakdown knowing what I have tossed into the bin or given away over the years.
I kinda agree.
Like when my boss wants to tempt me with time +½ pay.
Sorry, money isn't a good motovaitor for me.
When I sell things I like to make a profit sure, but mostly I would just want to break even when I can.
Giving things away occasionally happens.
Unless it's broken beyond repair I don't toss stuff.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Not really, most discs of from indie/slr/lgr-like companies do contain the game data on disc. You can easily test by turning off WiFi when first running the game.
I so hope these are playable in 20yrs because what will I ever do otherwise

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think I have like 7-8 discs and even that is stressing me out.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Less than you'd think, especially for large AAA titles. Most of those indie games don't even deserve a physical release anyway and the games are incredibly small. A couple of roms or a 350MB indie platformer on a 50GB blu-ray disc. lol.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Are you kidding here, or not?
No, really, the transfer from the anode to the diode induces free radicals in the lithium atoms. Once those electrons infect the circuitry, there will be too many electrons in your system and it will overheat!