Post Your Recent Purchases!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Aren’t they often KR region carts with the occasional weird censorship? Or am I making that up? :scratch:

I heard they were Korean... at least thats what i was told when i bought a red Shock Troopers back in the day. I didnt find anything censored or out of the ordinary.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
All should order Reto Gamer because it has a 10 page section about the Neo Geo!

n3sqb7.jpg

I was at barnes yesterday they didn't have this copy, now ill have to go back and check the issue number

valgalder

Kula's Candy
Always like to see 3DO love. Twisted hasn't aged too well, but it's still fun with a friend every now and then. Blade Force is wild. I love the FMV intro and premise, even if the game itself is pretty average.

Return Fire is one of my all time favorites.. one of the best party games.. try and find Maps of Death expansion too, as it has some really nutty maps..

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I love how the fine print references King of Fighters logos/trademarks but no mention of Metal Slug

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
*facepalm* as if Matt didn't know that.

Well, since he was justifying the buy with "curiosity" I guessed he never saw that in action and/or didn't know it was a metal slug 3 hack. He surely knew it was a hack since MS6 is on atomiswave IIRC

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I found a Korean copy of Waku Waku 7 locally on Kijiji for $100 CAD. I thought that was an OK price for a gamer condition cart.

Waku Waku 7 Board (Korean).jpg

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Got these guys in the mail today, so excited !!! Prices were fair.

Anyone know if the MVS carts of these 2 had different versions like I've heard the AES did?
Something about a Nam where you can continue at Final Boss fight? And a Magician Lord in which you respawn at death location as opposed to restarting level. (This ML copy respawns at death location)

nam.jpg

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I found a Korean copy of Waku Waku 7 locally on Kijiji for $100 CAD. I thought that was an OK price for a gamer condition cart.

Nice! Love that game. I was impatient and ended up purchasing a copy from Japan with 1-slot MVS board for $200 U.S. Good pickup!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
With a 1-slot it sounds like you did pretty well for $200 USD.
I tried the game out and it's pretty crazy. The characters are so unique. It's cool to have a fighter that is so different from the rest.

Nice! Love that game. I was impatient and ended up purchasing a copy from Japan with 1-slot MVS board for $200 U.S. Good pickup!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Got these guys in the mail today, so excited !!! Prices were fair.

Anyone know if the MVS carts of these 2 had different versions like I've heard the AES did?
Something about a Nam where you can continue at Final Boss fight? And a Magician Lord in which you respawn at death location as opposed to restarting level. (This ML copy respawns at death location)

View attachment 28861

Yeah, 2 versions. Mag Lord is easy to tell - just die and find out. Nam, you can play through or possibly tell by board revision - http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Nam_1975 - Set 1 is supposedly no final boss continue, set 2 has continues. I haven't personally verified this though.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, 2 versions. Mag Lord is easy to tell - just die and find out. Nam [...] - Set 1 is supposedly no final boss continue, set 2 has continues. I haven't personally verified this though.

That is actually an intriguing topic with great archive values worth the risk of an elaboration...

Regarding Nam 1975, I could not find any verification on the Dr. R. Muckley matter. BBH is rather right, if he claims here ('02) that it's skill alone, that let's you see NAM's ending.

But here's the story so far...

1. Shito starts the topic of different romsets in '06: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...NeoGeo-games&p=1988059&viewfull=1#post1988059

It's mostly about Magician Lord, but also NAM get's two interesting remarks: the first by chrisr, concerning continues, second by Lord, nota bene two years later in '08, about a gameplay demo not present in one of the sets.

2. In '10, we have a comeback of the matter, again by Shito of course: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-answer-this&p=2950919&viewfull=1#post2950919

Not much changes, as in Mag Lord still steals the show, but SG donates us another info about NAM's alternating continue issue.

3. In 2011 comes Shito's definite thread on this subject: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ith-BIG-news&p=3135150&viewfull=1#post3135150

The NAM question though, rests unconfirmed.

4. Two years later, in 2013, we have another approach by James: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ian-Lord-AES&p=3503226&viewfull=1#post3503226

There's also a theme related and congenial list on JNX worth checking out here.

5. Finally, a semi-related thread occurs the same year ('13) in regard of the unlimited continues problem in SNK games in general: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...rds-question&p=3601177&viewfull=1#post3601177

And here's the last relevant NAM remark, or rather, a sort of confirmation of what has been already suspected. I quote:

"If you play in MVS mode, then you can just keep feeding it with credits (the last boss of NAM-1975 being an exception)."

So, the lesson seems clear: We still need a definite confirmation of the differences of both NAM '75 romsets, if there are any, and yes, this is a shout out to all you SNK Otakus out here. Deliver some answers... please ;).

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Yeah, 2 versions. Mag Lord is easy to tell - just die and find out. Nam, you can play through or possibly tell by board revision - http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Nam_1975 - Set 1 is supposedly no final boss continue, set 2 has continues. I haven't personally verified this though.

Thanks WYO- Yeah my Mag Lord is a respawn one which I'm very happy with, my Nam seems to be the game over no continue one but I didn't try the P2 continue trick yet

On my Nam when you die on the last boss you start over....That sucks.

Boo. I feel for yah, although people in ebay seem to be selling this first version as "more valuable", my value comes in replay form not investment personally

That is actually an intriguing topic with great archive values worth the risk of an elaboration...

Regarding Nam 1975, I could not find any verification on the Dr. R. Muckley matter. BBH is rather right, if he claims here ('02) that it's skill alone, that let's you see NAM's ending.

But here's the story so far....

Dude ! Thanks for all the links!! I had read some of these awhile back when I riffled throughout the threads but I couldn't find them again, and didn't see the others you linked, Thanks !

Also Ive encountered many weird variances with my own 6slot and mvs carts, Im thinking a thread or list may be useful as a updated-ble record

Last edited: