Post Your Recent Purchases!

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
RxGIkD_zqHquTqhcsQw33IsXGxkL7F-avZvn3C8EL6HrdgZqTlPUmXFHhztZnbYvMC1oZo9syncNGP_PEYu3yxAz19C2SwKMDu5QOosqBMK3sZEGGk2mewLV7j4VskABjvpY7rF6YAKaKWM__EC96gjY26JZHR32P-9AGMyhgwehiCOgt3kH1xYlbx1H8Eo7Ni9JFpK2f5GNJIiPdeGQav6n5XsP_GEqO8DXXRqsU0OUjzpzqzGWMD_-SduxWyPfrQWA3DdP6CCe4Qppjx9XU_DCF2sTVujRJX-FbwjlHTcfe0ih2lAsRN_E6ztly9Xl2NfBfngesvtluHq8gpqD_ONYmM4LhdCA2EOEytVVfXcTsvCJ5RLnuQXV37u2-V24bH3Pz86dmEd__lUs5aiFBHv-IMC3SC40R-oPJ_2Ro2IlnSpUQ8AdgagJhCmAjmvqCoumpDqvnVYdRyCUaCi_pKNMf8h94ts4iUqugRBUYCjpNYZjqDnP3E2hh8q0_103JNuUnqCpA1n-hhf_kbeePcmfD0Vw7YuSqvvpAriXnCQ8=w1066-h799-no

Kzero

n00b
The game store in my town has been really dry the past few months. Aside from the occasional NES game here and there, it's been a whole lot of nothing. But I still go in to check when I can just in case. Last few times i've been there, my youngest would run up to their Xbox 360 kiosk to push all the buttons and such. It's never on, so I don't really worry about him doing anything. Then it dawned on me. I've never actually seen that kiosk on. Ever. So I asked the manager about it and he said that someone is supposed to come pick it up. One of the guys who i've gotten to know pretty well, said someone was supposed to pick it up over a year ago. With that information in mind, I started to email their corporate every single day, sometimes twice a day, for 2 weeks requesting it. Got a response last week stating that someone WAS supposed to pick it up, but since I wanted it so bad...I could have it. When I went to pick it up, the manager said that it didn't work and at one point, someone tried to take the tv out of it. Got it home and found out the tv was just unplugged. I unplugged everything from the "medusa" box and rewired everything directly. Boom, both the tv and the Xbox 360 work and are pretty much flawless. Cleaned it up and I have a fully functional Xbox 360 kiosk, for free!

YO7csrz.jpg

So this game store a few towns over I discovered a month or so ago has become one of my favorite spots. Not only for their selection, but the staff there are into games. They only run the store as a hobby. Well on tuesday they post pics from this insane haul. Someone walked in, and unloaded his entire collection all in one shot. This is what they posted on Facebook http://imgur.com/a/q9dxM . After cleaning up the mess in my pants, I called and messaged right away to start getting prices on stuff. $140 for the Neo Geo, $400 for Snatcher, $50 for Splatterhouse, $35 for Intelligent Cube...I stopped them right there. The next morning I damn near broke the door down to get that Neo Geo before anyone else. I got there JUST before 2 people walked in wanting it. Too late for them though, I was already in the middle of the transaction. By the time I signed the receipt, 7 OTHER people called asking about it. Walked away with this...

LFluHrk.jpg

Went back friday and got these...

MjL08m2.jpg

All of this, was what I picked up since MONDAY! It's been one HELL of a week. Still not over though. Next monday i'm going back to work out a deal for an Atari Lynx and a Killer Instinct arcade cabinet. Part of the collection from that person included an MVS and about 15 games, and the KI cabinet. Crazy week!

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Damn Kzero, epic shit. Good luck on the KI cab, whish i could get my hands on that one. Never seen that Gameboy Booster. It makes the Gameboy look like an x-ray machine!

Kzero

n00b
Damn Kzero, epic shit. Good luck on the KI cab, whish i could get my hands on that one. Never seen that Gameboy Booster. It makes the Gameboy look like an x-ray machine!

Thanks! Hopefully all goes well and I can pick it up today or at least make the deal. And yeah, the Gameboy Booster is crazy looking. Gonna have to pick up a DMG to test it out. Happy to finally have a Neo Geo and can actually join the conversations on here, lol.

fluxcore

Another Striker
tOY78uw.jpg

Had to do a lot of cleaning to get all the carts working (first time I've needed to bust out some sandpaper, ugh). MSlug3 is a bootleg (even with a holo). You can tell it's a piece of shit just from the label in my photo. Goddamn it.

Also as luck would have it, near the start of the cart testing, the sound on my 1slot board died. Plugged a cart in, the sound was all hiss and no audio. Turned off, unplugged & replugged cart back in, now no sound at all. I've recapped the 470u caps by the sound section but so far nothing. I suspect it might be a chip dead, since the pin from the 2610 should still produce sound anyway? Double ugh. Really harshes the acquisition experience :/

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That windjammers from the same landfill as ET?
Make sure you didn't recap any non polarized caps with polarized ones.

Last edited:

fluxcore

Another Striker
That windjammers from the same landfill as ET?
Make sure you didn't recap any non polarized caps with polarized ones.

Hah, yeah, I'm debating making a replacement label for it. Being a clear shell it shows general wear & tear pretty poorly, too. Maybe I'll try some plastx on it if I get really enthusiastic.

As for the caps, pretty sure they were all polarised, but I'll check.

Kzero

n00b
Nice Windjammers! I've been wanting that since I was a kid. I'm only 1 step closer since I just got an AES, but Flying Power Disc is a wallet devourer. Someday!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I wasn't in the market for these because I didn't want to fall into this rabbit hole, but they were both free, so I couldn't argue with the price. The problem is, I have no idea how to get my consoles hooked up to these. The bigger one has an S-Video connector, so I was able to test it with my Saturn. Picture seems ok, but there is discoloration on the bottom right corner. I tried degaussing it twice, and it only improved marginally.

Time to do some research to see how I can get some systems hooked up to them for further testing.

View attachment 29904

model on the right has RGB via the CMPTR port (25pin) and you can use composite on line A/B using a BNC > RCA adaptor

the BNC RGB port does not accept composte SYnc youll have to feed it H and V through the INT/EXT sync BNC lines. or you could use an LM1881 to break out the C sync if you feel up to that project.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

No one picks those kiosks up. They're pretty much store property once they get off the truck. In my old apartment, we had the OG Xbox, PS2, and GC kiosks that we (somehow) got home. The screen on the PS2 was my PC monitor for a while.

The monitor on the Xbox kiosks were amazing. Can't remember what brand or type it was tho.

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just got these in the mail yesterday (thanks Yagyu Jubei). SamSho2 is probably my favorite of the series.
image.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Got a great box from Bubz today!

attachment.php

Fuckin' love that!

I sold mine coz I couldn't get green from the RGB. Busted chip maybe? I don't know. I'm on my Super CD-Rom2 right now, But I'd love to get my hands on a 1st model Duo. Slickest of 'em all.

Nice catch there! :buttrock:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I sold mine coz I couldn't get green from the RGB. Busted chip maybe? I don't know.

The mod probably just needed to be fixed. On a Duo you have to solder very thin wires on very thin chip legs, it's not uncommon for one to pop off. I used to have a modded Duo R that I had to fix because the RGB wires all popped off during shipping.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Not so recent Purchases, Stuff I've picked up since middle of summer till now. The BomberMan is a Boot I bought on purpose and dropped one of Mai_Lover's gorgeous labels on, can't afford a legit right now and its one of my Favorite Neo geo titles as well as one of my favorite Bomber Man versions. The Metal Slug2 has the slow down Patch added to it thanks to Big Bear for the assist in helping me out. I picked up Blazing Star for 110 shipped off eBay and was happy with that price. The Strikers 1945 just came in the mail, so happy to play this one its been years since Ive played this game.

PS - don't worry their not on the carpet, they're actually sitting on a strip of Art Board I'm working on in the studio.

IMG_7081.jpg