Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice pickups, cat! Both rather nice shooters. :)

SNK_Pro, that really is the cleanest box I've seen in a great while... Personally, I'd love to find an ASO II that looked this good!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
nice grabs on that battle mania 2 there, cat. one of my favourite shooters of all time.

man i keep seeing Battle Mania pop up in here. I need to go ahead and give it a go to see what all the fuss is about

Robert

20 Year Member
Normally I'd avoid the card box games like the plague, and to be honest I'd have preferred the soft case one, but this NAM was so nice I was happy to go for it -

883011B2-BDD8-4E02-A16B-8A86D971E4D8_zpsebydcygv.jpg

Looks like the manual has never been out of the baggie.

0D95998E-A87B-43E9-A1AB-BC70BC993F00_zpsfcovovah.jpg

Nice grab. The Soft cases have a different flavour.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
man i keep seeing Battle Mania pop up in here. I need to go ahead and give it a go to see what all the fuss is about
It's just about perfect IMO.
The first battle mania (trouble shooter in the us) is not bad, but the second takes it up a few notch's, it tick's all the box's for me.
Unfortunately because it was a jap/korea only release and not a large print run it make's the game damn hard to get CIB and very expensive (for an MD game).
If your an MD shooter fan like me you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It's just about perfect IMO.
The first battle mania (trouble shooter in the us) is not bad, but the second takes it up a few notch's, it tick's all the box's for me.
Unfortunately because it was a jap/korea only release and not a large print run it make's the game damn hard to get CIB and very expensive (for an MD game).
If your an MD shooter fan like me you owe it to yourself to play this game.

oh i was wondering about that! So yeah Trouble Shooter and Battle Mania are the same. I know when i saw that box art i was thinking it looked familiar. Alright good to know.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Counterstopping the game half way at the basketball boss is not perfect.

hey brother, im ready to fire this game up and just realized that i dont have a Genesis stick. Dont really want to use a controller but i might have to either do that or finally break down and build something for genesis.

what do you use?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
hey brother, im ready to fire this game up and just realized that i dont have a Genesis stick. Dont really want to use a controller but i might have to either do that or finally break down and build something for genesis.

what do you use?

No one should need a stick to play a genesis game.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
My Unibios 3.3 came today. I put it in a questionable condition 1 slot I won in an eBay lot and it works perfectly.
Really relieved that the board isn't garbage and excited about my new options with unibios.

Going to look into building a nicer enclosure for it, since the dude did a really shoddy white spraypaint job on it.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
View attachment 38322

All of these, plus an AES Blue's Journey which isn't pictured.

Nice boxed SMS games... complete with hanging tabs; extra nice :D

Coincidentally somebody literally just asked me to do a FM mod on their Master System

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...nd-upgrade-guide-SMSFM-2-0-board-from-Viletim

does anybody here have one of those?

Yeah, I've done one of these for my SMS. It was easy to do for a noob and actually fun. The result is excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone who's really into the Master System.

If you have a Genesis, another option is to grab a homebrew power base converter with integrated FM like this one:
http://db-electronics.ca/product/power-base-fm/

The Powerbase Mini FM is an excellent way to experience FM for Master System games on y our Genesis. I've compared it to the FM mod for the SMS and they sound the same. Both are great options.

Heroes III is an awesome game. Still holds up really well. If you like this one you should also check out Age of Wonders 1 and 2.

Work has been full on last few weeks so i decided to treat myself.

View attachment 38390
View attachment 38391

Picked up fire mustang cheap but it's missing the manual.
And as you'll all probably know i paid a lot for daiginjou.
My wife would kill me if she found out how much.
Just a couple more MD games to pick up and i'll be just about set with the system.

That is outstanding. I wish I had that one in the collection. Battle Mania 1 is OK. I've always been curious daiginjou.

What are the remaining MD games on your hit list?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

yeah, go ahead, dude. battle mania 2 is definitely one of my all time favourites. the presentation is superb. it's like a good 80's anime the video game.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
After a period of relative calm, I've been keeping the mailman busy this month :D

First up, finally got a Duo-R. Everdrive and CD-Rs here I come! See also: RGB mod. I played a lot of Rondo today...

PCB is Fever SOS. Wasn't planning on it but was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Genesis games courtesy of NeoCverA and special shout out to Atro for very kindly sending me a free copy of Darwin.

duo.jpg
dangun.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
PCB is Fever SOS. Wasn't planning on it but was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Great game, one of my favorite CAVE titles.

I heard it was "not too tough" :keke:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I would love to get a TurboDuo someday. My TG-16 with CD addon can only play regular CD games. However, I've been playing some Legendary Axe recently and it's a very fun game. HuCards rock.
Even though it's a bit easy I've always loved Forgotten Worlds! Arrow Flash is also a good game and a rare example where the cover art for the NTSC, JNTSC and PAL versions are all different but all good.

Really nice scores you got there!

After a period of relative calm, I've been keeping the mailman busy this month :D

First up, finally got a Duo-R. Everdrive and CD-Rs here I come! See also: RGB mod. I played a lot of Rondo today...

Genesis games courtesy of NeoCverA and special shout out to Atro for very kindly sending me a free copy of Darwin.

View attachment 38452
View attachment 38453

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Or you could region mod the tg16 and get a cheap Japanese Super System Card.

Last edited: