Post Your Recent Purchases!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Trolls gonna troll.

"Trolling" is supposed to have a joke component, right?

I'm not joking at all. That post you made alludes to some serious deficits in insight. It comes off portraying arcade games as shallow and one-dimensional like so many do. You just "play through" them once, and if you're not feeling tickled, than the game isn't good.

It's safe for me to assume your claim of someone "not wanting to revisit" the game is rooted in not knowing the game at all.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
"Trolling" is supposed to have a joke component, right?

I'm not joking at all. That post you made alludes to some serious deficits in insight. It comes off portraying arcade games as shallow and one-dimensional like so many do. You just "play through" them once, and if you're not feeling tickled, than the game isn't good.

It's safe for me to assume your claim of someone "not wanting to revisit" the game is rooted in not knowing the game at all.

So you're saying Captain Tomaday is a great game then? I talked about one specific arcade game. Not all arcade games. If you think Captain Tomaday is a great game, more power to you. I do not. Most reviews I've read online agree w/me FWIW.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So you're saying Captain Tomaday is a great game then? I talked about one specific arcade game. Not all arcade games. If you think Captain Tomaday is a great game, more power to you. I do not. Most reviews I've read online agree w/me FWIW.

1. It's not about what I think of the game, nor is it about how I feel. This usually seems to be your auto-rebuttal.
2. I'm rather certain you lack the ability to ascertain a game's "greatness".
3. I'm sure the "reviews" you're reading are cut from the same material of which your objectively/critically-bankrupt lens is made of.

Last edited:

madman

1. It's not about what I think of the game, nor is it about how I feel. This usually seems to be your auto-rebuttal.
2. I'm rather certain you lack the ability to ascertain a game's "greatness".
3. I'm sure the "reviews" you're reading are cut from the same material of which your objectively/critically-bankrupt lens is made of.

LOL yeah, only a select few are able to ascertain how amazing Captain Tomaday is. Somewhere there is an underground group of elite gamers who realize it's one of the best games ever made. The rest of us cannot fully comprehend its greatness.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
personal feeling and opinions?

derp? you are be assumuluted!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm a fan of Tomaday - a search of my posts will show that, i've sung it's praises multiple times. I'm not very good at it - for being a cute 'em up, it's pretty difficult. You have to plan each power up and character change. It's one of the more deep NG shooters. I always plan to dig into hard, but I usually only do that well when i'm playing along with others.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
LOL yeah, only a select few are able to ascertain how amazing Captain Tomaday is. Somewhere there is an underground group of elite gamers who realize it's one of the best games ever made. The rest of us cannot fully comprehend its greatness.

Your use of sarcasm doesn't mask your misunderstanding of the issue at hand ; It only exacerbates it.

It's apparent that the concept of game is foreign to you and it's obvious you don't (know how to) play shooting (or any arcade) games if you're going to use the "won't revisit after playing through once" stuff.

So..in short your the wrong person to be telling others what's good, mediocre, great. Now.."I liked it", "I hated it", you know, expression of opinion (R U reedin' dis KaRoU?), well, that's different.

Discern

madman

Your use of sarcasm doesn't mask your misunderstanding of the issue at hand ; It only exacerbates it.

It's apparent that the concept of game is foreign to you and it's obvious you don't (know how to) play shooting (or any arcade) games if you're going to use the "won't revisit after playing through once" stuff.

So..in short your the wrong person to be telling others what's good, mediocre, great. Now.."I liked it", "I hated it", you know, expression of opinion (R U reedin' dis KaRoU?), well, that's different.

You're right. The fact that I don't like Captain Tomaday means I don't know how to play any arcade games. You've made it very clear that I'm an idiot because I can't appreciate how great of a game Captain Tomaday is. It's largely regarded as one of the best shmups of all time. I'm simply too poor of a gamer to "get" it, why do you have to keep rubbing that in?

Everything in my post was my opinion. Just like anything else anyone here posts.

Checkmate

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You're right. The fact that I don't like Captain Tomaday means I don't know how to play any arcade games.

You're pretending to be stupid with posts like this. Your attempts in deflection are weak and thinly veiled.

Liking something and knowing objective ways to gauge merits/faults are two different things. Maybe you are stupid!

You've made it very clear that I'm an idiot because I can't appreciate how great of a game Captain Tomaday is.

I deliberately avoided making mention of whether I liked or disliked the game or whether I considered it competent or poor.

I'm making it clear that you're an idiot because you lack the ability to directly address what's in an individual's post.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
It certainly was, thanks to you :) This pick up gives me the whole set.

It is also the last Fatal Fury I needed, so this completed that series too.

not a problem mate. glad to of helped.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Here are a few items I scored on at the So Cal Retro Gaming Expo in Industry CA. Pretty happy that I finally got to score on a SSIV for a fair price, The Super Spy is NOS, but I had to open it up to enjoy it. I was very surprised to have found a Neo CD copy of Windjammers in minty fresh condition. Puzzle Bobble is always a must have and the two classic AES joysticks are in decent condition, I'll be upgrading them with Sanwa 24mm buttons. All in all a great little Neo Geo haul!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Here are a few items I scored on at the So Cal Retro Gaming Expo in Industry CA. Pretty happy that I finally got to score on a SSIV for a fair price, The Super Spy is NOS, but I had to open it up to enjoy it. I was very surprised to have found a Neo CD copy of Windjammers in minty fresh condition. Puzzle Bobble is always a must have and the two classic AES joysticks are in decent condition, I'll be upgrading them with Sanwa 24mm buttons. All in all a great little Neo Geo haul!

Nice scoop man. The way things are going I might end up getting the CD version of Windjammer too. Stuffs getting out of hand. lol

Oh, don't forget to grab some GOTW's from James. New sanwa buttons and the octogate make those controllers so much better.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Nice scoop man. The way things are going I might end up getting the CD version of Windjammer too. Stuffs getting out of hand. lol

Oh, don't forget to grab some GOTW's from James. New sanwa buttons and the octogate make those controllers so much better.

Thanks bro! Your absolutely correct about how bad things are getting especially with MVS. I got lucky and scored on a nice clean copy of Windjammers for the MVS about two years ago for 100 bucks. I got the Neo CD version as it'salways nice to have a second copy during competition with friends. A winners bracket setup and the losers setup. I'm definitely gonna hit up my brother James for some GOTW gates, I have two of them on my kidney bean sticks and they are a total game changer, definitely must haves!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Twinkle Tale and Gleylancer and then i'm done with the big money MD games.
There's a few other's i want as well but they can be picked up fairly cheap, even on ebay.

I'd also love a Twinkle Tale and Gleylancer. And a bunch more like Pulseman, Alien Soldier, Battle Mania 2... but prices are too much.

Gleylancer hasn't gone up as much as Twinkle Tale, which is now "prepare thy anus" expensive. Big ones I have left are Panorama Cotton, Alien Soldier, and the Battle Manias. Vampire Killer would be nice as well but I'm fine with Bloodlines.

I recently saw an ebay auction for a complete good condition Gleylancer sell for ~$600 USD. What's crazy is at the exact time I saw a BIN for the same condition Gleylancer for ~$380 USD. Bidding seems to whip people up into a frenzy.

Spaceflea has a sales thread over at sega-16.com for tons of rare MD games and many more. Prices aren't great but you'll find better prices than ebay.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
He is asking straight up ebay and beyond prices. Why do you think he has no prices, same shit on Resellerage and Digital Press.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I did ask him about a few games. 8 months ago he was asking $300 USD for Gley Lancer.
I ended up buying Magical Hat from him for $30 USD.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'd also love a Twinkle Tale and Gleylancer. And a bunch more like Pulseman, Alien Soldier, Battle Mania 2... but prices are too much.

I recently saw an ebay auction for a complete good condition Gleylancer sell for ~$600 USD. What's crazy is at the exact time I saw a BIN for the same condition Gleylancer for ~$380 USD. Bidding seems to whip people up into a frenzy.

Spaceflea has a sales thread over at sega-16.com for tons of rare MD games and many more. Prices aren't great but you'll find better prices than ebay.
Yeah i gotta agree with you segadude when these rarer MD games come up on auction they go for crazy price's, there's alway's 2 or more peep's who bid up and get auction fever.
I've got a cart only spare of alien soldier (pal version), that i'd stick in the ng marketplace for you fella's if i was a little more confident, but i'm very nervous about going anywhere near that part of the site lol.
Magical hat if a fab game by the way segadude and 30 bucks was a very good price.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
rival schools and mega man power battle.JPG
Splurged and bought me some arcade games. Not huge into fighters but I get a kick out of Rival Schools, and I'm just a Mega Man fanboy.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
After all that artwork got posted in ResO's ID thread, this was probably inevitable!
Are you going to look for a print of the piece in question, too? :D

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
After all that artwork got posted in ResO's ID thread, this was probably inevitable!
Are you going to look for a print of the piece in question, too? :D

Print? I'll look for the original! :p

Last edited: