Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
be prepared to have your ass handed to you by those games :glee:

Don't I fucking know it. I'm not even good at easy fighting games let alone these. I've never played 2 yet, but I know better. I'm kind of a masochist when it comes to that kinda stuff.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I love the look of those wood cabinets, good luck restoring it. It seems such an American thing, like cars with wood paneling, you'd didn't see much like that over here in the UK.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I just got this baby... giving it a little stroke with my sausage fingers for good luck before I plug it in. It's a low serial number (0001627) but I don't know how many CDZ unit's they actually made. Came from cash generators, via ebay. I feel sorry for the poor smuck that handed their pride and joy into cash generators and probably got next to nothing for it. Unless... it was stolen. Umm anyone in the UK missing a CDZ?

B529_FC64_7_FFA_40_F0_8_CC3_0_E39_C9_F8642_E.jpg

The Step-down transformer which came with it is for 110v not 100v, but that should be okay... at least for a little while. I know CDZ's have been known to overheat so maybe it would be worth my while getting a 100v transformer.

Anyone in the UK / Europe able to put a CD Unibios / Dip Socket in one of these? Looks too tricky for me! At the very least a USA/JAP/EUR Switch would be good so not all the games appears in Japanese.

I've just bought KOF 94' and Samurai Shodown 1 to get me started so I'm waiting on those to arrive. Also got a aes/cd controller extention from amazon.co.uk for £9.99 which isn't too bad.

I want to play it now! I'll need to burn a game to test it out... any suggestions?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Nice find, and from Cash Generators! The only things my local Cash Generators ever have is filthy DVDs found in some crack den. I guess they keep all the good stuff to sell on eBay.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I just got this baby... giving it a little stroke with my sausage fingers for good luck before I plug it in. It's a low serial number (0001627) but I don't know how many CDZ unit's they actually made. Came from cash generators, via ebay. I feel sorry for the poor smuck that handed their pride and joy into cash generators and probably got next to nothing for it. Unless... it was stolen. Umm anyone in the UK missing a CDZ?

View attachment 39100

The Step-down transformer which came with it is for 110v not 100v, but that should be okay... at least for a little while. I know CDZ's have been known to overheat so maybe it would be worth my while getting a 100v transformer.

Anyone in the UK / Europe able to put a CD Unibios / Dip Socket in one of these? Looks too tricky for me! At the very least a USA/JAP/EUR Switch would be good so not all the games appears in Japanese.

I've just bought KOF 94' and Samurai Shodown 1 to get me started so I'm waiting on those to arrive. Also got a aes/cd controller extention from amazon.co.uk for £9.99 which isn't too bad.

I want to play it now! I'll need to burn a game to test it out... any suggestions?

I'd be tempted with ntm for the extra course. Nice find btw

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Scoring a Neo console in smack generator in 2016, awesome find. I'd recommend Crossed Swords 2 and Ironclad!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Mail call!
928ee00f5e40c95006c7f90e91659289.jpg

8a704c22db1058147188ce9d3fdf77b5.jpg

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Nice find, and from Cash Generators! The only things my local Cash Generators ever have is filthy DVDs found in some crack den. I guess they keep all the good stuff to sell on eBay.

Seems likely. The Arse Penetrators near me always smells of piss and poverty. You might find some newish PS4 / Xbox One games in there though.

This one online has some interesting stuff - look for 'cgskem' seller on ebay. They currently have a copy of Picture Puzzle on NGPC for sale and also a PC Engine Duo-R.

nice find, still looking for a potential Neo cd system.

If it helps, here is a CDZ with box for $388 at skywaypro (http://skywaypro.bravehost.com/neogeohardware.html) a bit cheaper than they are usually going for on ebay right now.

Scoring a Neo console in smack generator in 2016, awesome find. I'd recommend Crossed Swords 2 and Ironclad!

Good call :D I tried a burnt ISO of Ironclad but it didn't load... Perhaps I need to try different CDR media (I tried burning as slow as I could go). Or maybe it's a shoddy rip. The CDZ reads music CDs okay so I'm not panicing yet.

The Red Power LED looks so mean. I like it!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow what a story and of all things that anyone probably should have being an arcade operator should have been able to repair long ago -- a fuse and its holder. Their laziness, your big score especially as that style is uncommon and 3 good games too.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Wow what a story and of all things that anyone probably should have being an arcade operator should have been able to repair long ago -- a fuse and its holder. Their laziness, your big score especially as that style is uncommon and 3 good games too.

The best part is now that I have dealt with this guy twice I have permission to get in touch anytime I want to pick up a new game. I've already started a wish list...

Randomsense

New Challenger
I finally got around to picking up a mouse and keyboard for my Dreamcast. I may also throw together a line voltage inducer and setup DreamPi to get it online this weekend. I also found a compete copy of Infinite Space for my DS that was reasonably priced. Looking forward to giving it a try.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S

View attachment 39100

I've just bought KOF 94' and Samurai Shodown 1 to get me started so I'm waiting on those to arrive. Also got a aes/cd controller extention from amazon.co.uk for 」9.99 which isn't too bad.

Wish i could find one of those in my local cash gen.
Welcome to the neo CD club.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I finally got around to picking up a mouse and keyboard for my Dreamcast.

Now that you have a keyboard, make sure not to miss grabbing The Typing of the Dead! Way too much fun, and an idea that on paper should not have worked nearly as well as it ultimately did.

And congrats on the CDZ, madmanjock! Looks like it's in great shape. :D

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey there ya go, nice find. Now you just have to throw in that 4x speed CD drive made by TechHawkx and you'll be really rolling. $45 bucks well spent...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So much, nice high dollar stuff on display.

Here is some cheap ass shit that I picked up. What an awesome pair.

Try not to be too impressed.

!s-l1600.jpg

If it helps, here is a CDZ with box for $388 at skywaypro (http://skywaypro.bravehost.com/neogeohardware.html) a bit cheaper than they are usually going for on ebay right now.

Thanks for the tip!

Good call :D I tried a burnt ISO of Ironclad but it didn't load... Perhaps I need to try different CDR media (I tried burning as slow as I could go). Or maybe it's a shoddy rip. The CDZ reads music CDs okay so I'm not panicing yet

Core grafx, NGPC, Turbografx

Some stuff, Coregrafx is courtesy of Lemony Vengeance(flawless transaction BTW) and Im on a sort of rampage lately more's supposed to come!!
2016-09-08 21_43_36-IMG_0837.jpg

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Crossed Swords is the shit. New Shock Boxes for Blazing Star and Real Bout Special.
IMG_0789.JPGIMG_0797.JPG

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
So much, nice high dollar stuff on display.

Here is some cheap ass shit that I picked up. What an awesome pair.

Try not to be too impressed.

Beautiful! I absolutely love Return. George Clooney's finest hour.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i guess that means im not the only one that preferred "return" to the original. ive still never seen killer tomatoes 3 or 4. (yes they exist.)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
i guess that means im not the only one that preferred "return" to the original. ive still never seen killer tomatoes 3 or 4. (yes they exist.)

Yeah, Return is so much better. The next two aren't so good, but still fun. I quite like Eat France, but the guy in Strikes Back is too annoying for me to enjoy. They're worth a watch if you get the chance.