Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
$35

Info on them: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/crtfaq.htm#crtwir

I have a set already that has had a rejuv done on it by a friend of mine. I saw it and figured I should get it because you never know if you have a need for such a thing, or if someone else does. And I still have that TV that had a problem before, so it is a perfect testbed for this. I don't have a timeline on getting to it, but it is just a good tool to have and you never see these types of things for sale.
Here is that TV from 2013 (set is from 1988)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tripredacus/8491583857/

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
$35

Info on them: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/crtfaq.htm#crtwir

I have a set already that has had a rejuv done on it by a friend of mine. I saw it and figured I should get it because you never know if you have a need for such a thing, or if someone else does. And I still have that TV that had a problem before, so it is a perfect testbed for this. I don't have a timeline on getting to it, but it is just a good tool to have and you never see these types of things for sale.
Here is that TV from 2013 (set is from 1988)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tripredacus/8491583857/

Tldr. I got the gist of it though. And pretty impressive piece of machinery there. Good score.

View attachment 39778

Got this on ebay for $75. Not to bad for the price.

Wooooooah!!! Loose AES carts heck yea! Good price too.

Last edited:

lwizardl

n00b
That was a good deal on it, I was able to buy another CRT tester but found out why I got it so cheap. someone had decided to cut most of the wires from the inside of the unit and I have to work out what goes where since the company sencore seems to not return both phone calls and emails.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I checked inside and its clean, at least only from what I can see. I may do a smoke test later this week if I get bored. :D

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I don't smoke (cigarettes anyways) but I thought this would be a good addition to the game room. Swiped it from the Taito Space Station for 0¥
c0f8349ce09fcd6d1109f9198ff3dfea.jpg

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got another big early Xmas score in today from literally old St. Nick/ wyo_vr4 :lolz:

Man between Mike & Nick I'm backlogged in games for a year at least. :help:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Snap! I see what amounts to essentially a shmup-gasm up there.
Where will you start, Toaplan or Technosoft? A huge thumbs up on the SEGA arcade classics in there, too. Even Space Harrier II, with its strangely hypnotic soundtrack.

Nice pickups, Marty!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I wouldn't post pics of something I stole, or be proud of it, but that's on him.

At least he didn't swipe 20 of them and then sell them. That seems to be the norm.

I'm not against swiping such things however. I have two sweet MOS Burger coasters that came home from Japan with me. Use them all the time.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
At least he didn't swipe 20 of them and then sell them. That seems to be the norm.

I'm not against swiping such things however. I have two sweet MOS Burger coasters that came home from Japan with me. Use them all the time.

Yeah, grabbing one of those trays when in Japan is sort of a rite of passage, no? I think they look cool and i'm sure no real harm was done.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Got another big early Xmas score in today from literally old St. Nick/ wyo_vr4 :lolz:

Man between Mike & Nick I'm backlogged in games for a year at least. :help:

Some great titles you got there Marty. Good stuff