Post Your Recent Purchases!

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Damn... I want one of those Astro City cabinets.. Some day!!!
Anyway, I have been in a JRPG mood as well as trying to grab a couple PS1 games that I use to enjoy.

IMG_1141.jpg

I already started a play through on Breath Of Fire 3 and I hope to do pretty much everything in the game this time around.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Anyway, I have been in a JRPG mood as well as trying to grab a couple PS1 games that I use to enjoy.

View attachment 40632

I already started a play through on Breath Of Fire 3 and I hope to do pretty much everything in the game this time around.
I ain't played wild arms shin, but i've played the other 3.
I like parasite eve and parasite eve 2 a lot.
I've completed the first one but not the second.
The cut scenes in the game blew me away back in the day, right up there with the best the ps1 had to offer.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

View attachment 40632

Hell yea! Ps1 rpgs all day! Parasite eve is still one of my favorite games. Unlock the building with 77 random floors for an alternate ending. Lots of good stuff there.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I ain't played wild arms shin, but i've played the other 3.
I like parasite eve and parasite eve 2 a lot.
I've completed the first one but not the second.
The cut scenes in the game blew me away back in the day, right up there with the best the ps1 had to offer.

Wild Arms is pretty awesome. The game had 3 character sprites during battle but 2d when exploring the world. Also had some platforming puzzles here and there.
I never played Parasite Eve before so I am anxious to dig in after I finish BOF3. I think I will probably watch the movie for Parasite Eve first just to get the full story effect.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Wild Arms is pretty awesome. The game had 3 character sprites during battle but 2d when exploring the world. Also had some platforming puzzles here and there.
I never played Parasite Eve before so I am anxious to dig in after I finish BOF3. I think I will probably watch the movie for Parasite Eve first just to get the full story effect.

Whats the movie? Never heard of that.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I bought a SNES, Genesis/Sega CD and the pictured games below. I also have Gaires, Thunderforce III and Forgotten Worlds on the way for the Genesis. I have Contra III, Blackthorne, Zelda: LTTP(Splatoon Edition) and Gradius III on the way for the Super Nintendo. Everything is CIB. I started this collection about two weeks ago after selling everything I owned roughly a year ago. I got a lot of what I really missed back already but of course I still have a long way to go. I think this is a pretty damn good start here for this short amount of time. Now, I really need a PVM in the Northern California area and I will be set. I'm having a blast playing Super Mario World though even with a horrid picture on a giant LCD and composite!

(my biggest score here was the Sonic and Knuckles as it is damn near impossible to find a nice CIB copy of it)

PS: I randomly got Alien 3 on impulse. I never played it growing up. I must say, it's fucking incredible. The music blows my mind and it's so gritty on the Genny! The game I am most excited to play that hasn't arrived yet is Blackthorne; as I played the shit out of that when I was younger and it rules.

PS PS: If anyone has a spare Shinobi version 1 loose cart let me know. I want to get version 1 with Rambo, Batman, Godzilla etc. still in tact. I have 1.1 unfortunately. I can care less if it is dog shit condition as all I will do is swap the board into my current copy and then give the extra cart/board away.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I bought a SNES, Genesis/Sega CD and the pictured games below. I also have Gaires, Thunderforce III and Forgotten Worlds on the way for the Genesis. I have Contra III, Blackthorne, Zelda: LTTP(Splatoon Edition) and Gradius III on the way for the Super Nintendo. Everything is CIB. I started this collection about two weeks ago after selling everything I owned roughly a year ago. I got a lot of what I really missed back already but of course I still have a long way to go. I think this is a pretty damn good start here for this short amount of time. Now, I really need a PVM in the Northern California area and I will be set. I'm having a blast playing Super Mario World though even with a horrid picture on a giant LCD and composite!

(my biggest score here was the Sonic and Knuckles as it is damn near impossible to find a nice CIB copy of it)

PS: I randomly got Alien 3 on impulse. I never played it growing up. I must say, it's fucking incredible. The music blows my mind and it's so gritty on the Genny! The game I am most excited to play that hasn't arrived yet is Blackthorne; as I played the shit out of that when I was younger and it rules.

PS PS: If anyone has a spare Shinobi version 1 loose cart let me know. I want to get version 1 with Rambo, Batman, Godzilla etc. still in tact. I have 1.1 unfortunately. I can care less if it is dog shit condition as all I will do is swap the board into my current copy and then give the extra cart/board away.

View attachment 40636

View attachment 40637

View attachment 40638

Solid Genny collection so far dude.

This is my latest get. Gonna be spending some time on it this weekend.

ffe51d7f5cbfcc2a5bf143ed49c435cf.jpg

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
@Loefye:
Many great games there. Congrats for this purchase!

I think Quackshot was one of the most impressive games that I bought in 1991. The quality of the graphics, backgrounds, movements, FX sound, the game-play, difficulty, and this awesome front-page...all this make it one of the best MD/GEN games that I've played. The truth is that, many Disney games for the fourth console generation, are jewels. We can see the same good job done with Castle Of Illusion.

@egg_sandwich:
DoDonPachi DaiOuJou another jewel!! Manabu Namiki rules! Nice OST and sounds inside this game. I don't know the differences between red and blue versions.
Congrats!

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

View attachment 40632

I seldom write here, but that's seriously a great haul.

Wild Arms is an awesome game with a nice and catchy soundtrack. I listen to it from time to time.

Parasite Eve is a blast (get the second one as well!), a very interesting take on the genre and I absolutely loved it.

I never managed to finish BoF3 but I really liked it back in the days, I might have to pick it up again and give it a spin.

If there was Star Ocean 2 instead of RE3 (which is another great game btw) that would have been an unbeatable ps1 jrpg haul imho.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I seldom write here, but that's seriously a great haul.

Wild Arms is an awesome game with a nice and catchy soundtrack. I listen to it from time to time.

Parasite Eve is a blast (get the second one as well!), a very interesting take on the genre and I absolutely loved it.

I never managed to finish BoF3 but I really liked it back in the days, I might have to pick it up again and give it a spin.

If there was Star Ocean 2 instead of RE3 (which is another great game btw) that would have been an unbeatable ps1 jrpg haul imho.

I don't think I am ready to go back into Star Ocean 2. I do agree that it was a great game, but that game got to be kinda brutal as far as the grind was concerned. The combat was pretty sick though, especially during that time because it had a real time vibe to it as well as the sound effects made it satisfying when beating the hell out of enemies.
I will work at getting ahold of Parasite Eve 2 if it isn't too pricey!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
@egg_sandwich:
DoDonPachi DaiOuJou another jewel!! Manabu Namiki rules! Nice OST and sounds inside this game. I don't know the differences between red and blue versions.
Congrats!

Thanks dude, I'm pretty happy with it. The different colored boards are just region differences - blue is China and red is Taiwan, otherwise the same game.

cat

I don't think I am ready to go back into Star Ocean 2. I do agree that it was a great game, but that game got to be kinda brutal as far as the grind was concerned. The combat was pretty sick though, especially during that time because it had a real time vibe to it as well as the sound effects made it satisfying when beating the hell out of enemies.
I will work at getting ahold of Parasite Eve 2 if it isn't too pricey!

I think parasite eve 2 is the better of the 2 games.
I'd also recommend vagrant story for the ps1, a real class game, probably my favourite square game on the ps1.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm finally joining the XRGB Mini crowd. It and a few cables are on the way.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
mCZPJ83.jpg

Tc5cOmw.jpg

My Raspberry Pi stuff just arrived,

UINLbY5.jpg

4UFoB6E.jpg

egB0N3I.jpg

nI1rLth.jpg

A few MVS carts, in rough shape but I take what I can get. And I can't really complain at a little over $10 each.
Reckon I'm going to print myself a few much needed labels from here: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvslabels.html

So the top two are bootlegs. The third cart from top is 'Windjammers'. Label is torn off but the boards inside are totally legit. Same deal with the green cart below (Garou: Mark of the Wolves). Cart is legit. Ditto with 'Aggressors of Dark Kombat'.

qXTry50.jpg

And I managed to find quite a few sealed blank Beta tapes. I'll put those to good use.

VcWY7Ru.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
All good MVS stuff, Thierry, especially the Windjammers and MotW.

Sword dude

n00b
I have a question about bootleg Neo geo Cd games

Can they have original manuals and casing and only a bootleg Disc I need to know

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That would seem extremely unlikely. If someone were to go to the trouble of getting a pressed CD made they'd also go ahead and get the manuals and inserts since it's all about the same price at the CD pressing plants. The only exception might be if someone had the legit game, it got lost or scratched and they replaced it with a CDR.

Pressed Neo CD bootlegs are extremely uncommon.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I think parasite eve 2 is the better of the 2 games.
I'd also recommend vagrant story for the ps1, a real class game, probably my favourite square game on the ps1.

What!? 2 was crap compared to the original story. The second ones story was so forgettable. Fun game but does not even compare.

Vagrant story though I agree with such an amazing game!

cat

What!? 2 was crap compared to the original story. The second ones story was so forgettable. Fun game but does not even compare.

Vagrant story though I agree with such an amazing game!
Sorry Montatez, horses for courses, but what i played of PE2 i liked more than the first, i've never completed it though.
Vagrant story is a must play, that is some game.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Made a trade with bustedstr8 that showed up in the mail today...Guardian Storm

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
KNEEL TO YODD :emb:
Got my PS4 today :buttrock: My first console since JP360 in '07 back when Deathsmiles came out.
After several hours of software updates, setting up PSN account, and moving my 30" 16:9 WEGA CRT (somehow without wrecking my back), I'm finally enjoying my first 'hipster shit' game:

30960458462_bdc57b61d5_c.jpg

TRUMP

Spoiler:
:keke: Thumper

It is :multi_co: THE BOMB :multi_co: