Post Your Recent Purchases!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I love those jackets but I've not had luck with Japanese XL's being long enough for my 6'3" gaijin frame. How are they sized for you? I had a couple COSPA shirts years ago that were normal US t-shirt size.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I love those jackets but I've not had luck with Japanese XL's being long enough for my 6'3" gaijin frame. How are they sized for you? I had a couple COSPA shirts years ago that were normal US t-shirt size.

Sizing is the most difficult part with these Sukajan's due to most being only in asian sizes. I collect these jackets, but I have to pass on many cool designs because of this.

Luckily this particular jacket is being made in very large western sizes. For someone of your size, somewhere between their 4L thru 6L size would fit you (depending on if you like baggy or form fit). The measurements are listed for each size and the staff is very helpful via email.

They will even go so far as to show you multiple pictures of their packaging process for your jacket before they ship! Incredible customer service imho. I don't get all my sukajans from this shop, but I would if I could haha.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice (Nintendo DS, UK import)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wrath of the Darkhul King
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Game Boy Color)

Already have Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Xbox)

So that's all five games that have been released. There was a cell phone game back in the day I think, but meh.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice (Nintendo DS, UK import)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wrath of the Darkhul King
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Game Boy Color)

Already have Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Xbox)

Irem developed these, right?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Irem developed these, right?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox) - The Collective Inc (later became Double Helix, developers of Killer Instinct on Xbox One)
Sacrifice - Beast Studios (some tiny Romanian dev)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (GBC) - Gamebrains (tiny Malaysian developer that mostly ports sports games to handhelds)
Wrath of the Darkhul King - all I can find is "Natsume", which could mean any number of things
Chaos Bleeds - Eurocom (dead British developer that mostly did ports and licensed games)

I was actually surprised to read that Beast and Gamebrains still existed

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox) - The Collective Inc (later became Double Helix, developers of Killer Instinct on Xbox One)
Sacrifice - Beast Studios (some tiny Romanian dev)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (GBC) - Gamebrains (tiny Malaysian developer that mostly ports sports games to handhelds)
Wrath of the Darkhul King - all I can find is "Natsume", which could mean any number of things
Chaos Bleeds - Eurocom (dead British developer that mostly did ports and licensed games)

I was actually surprised to read that Beast and Gamebrains still existed

Haha why is Natsume in quotes? Is Natsume not real?

"Which could mean any number of things"? What does this mean?

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Haha how could Natsume mean "any number of things"?

Because they split into two entirely different companies in 1997 and both versions of Natsume sometimes develop their games internally and sometimes they license out the work to some nobody dev and slap their name on it.

I don't know which Natsume (Natsume Inc or Natsume Co) developed it or whether they actually did the work themselves. I'm sure the information is out there but meh

famicommander

15 Year Member
so... are any of those Buffy games any good?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Xbox is a legitimately good 3D beat 'em up/action/adventure game.

Chaos Bleeds is less good due to a weaker combat system and frustrating camera, but still pretty decent.

The GBC and GBA games are pretty standard fare licensed sidescrolling beat 'em ups/platformers. Nothing special by any stretch. I got them because they were dirt cheap and I love the license. Very skippable.

And I haven't sunk my teeth into Sacrifice yet

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Plan to raspberry pi some of these up

mag_4_zpsphkdp7dn.jpg~original

That is an awesome idea for a raspberry pi shell!

I didn't know there was a 8bitdo wireless receiver for the NES Classic. I love their joysticks and it's great that they were able to move so fast and build a NES Classic receiver.

Thanks for sharing your finds!

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes-classic/

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Interested in these MVS titles (FF3/SS3), looking forward to hammering them over the next few months. GGXrd looks and sounds incredible, first fighter this gen to wow me.

IMG_1795.jpg

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
English translated Famicom version of Lagrange Point:
U2pU87J.jpg

8BitDo's bluetooth SNES30 pads with SNES dongles:
XnEQ2SO.jpg

Clear Buttons for my GBA, matches my EverdriveGBA!
Upv9HJy.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
English translated Famicom version of Lagrange Point:
U2pU87J.jpg

8BitDo's bluetooth SNES30 pads with SNES dongles:
XnEQ2SO.jpg

Clear Buttons for my GBA, matches my EverdriveGBA!
Upv9HJy.jpg

Nice Job with the GBA. Looks great

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Thanks!
Yeah I really do love these controllers. Feels really great and I'm looking forward to getting them broken in more. Right now they are a bit too crispy on the button presses. I like my controllers a bit more worn in on the inputs and feeling less clicky.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Interested in these MVS titles (FF3/SS3), looking forward to hammering them over the next few months. GGXrd looks and sounds incredible, first fighter this gen to wow me.

View attachment 41580

nice pick ups, thermal. i my self am more excited about those mvs games you have there. been playing ss3 for the past three months on a daily basis. i've recently rekindled my love with that game. and there's always room for fatal fury 3.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
:buttrock:My bountiful christmas haul:

IMG_20161226_111119616~01.jpg

Thanks to my wife and mom for most of these pickups. The KoF 14 was a gift to myself!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
gifts i received this christmas. finally have an xbone of my own.

IMG_8238.JPG

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That is an awesome idea for a raspberry pi shell!

I didn't know there was a 8bitdo wireless receiver for the NES Classic. I love their joysticks and it's great that they were able to move so fast and build a NES Classic receiver.

Thanks for sharing your finds!

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes-classic/

No problem! Yeah those Genny USBs can hold a Pi 0 just fine. However if you go Pi 3 will need to remove the USB and ethernet plugs. Then re-wire the USB to the front USBs on the Genny.

Yeah I was surprised they actually made something for the niche closed system Classic!

On a side note, got a new outfit for my Jordan waifu :lolz:

BeFunky%20Collage_zpspylmvxhe.jpg~original

BeFunky%20Collage2_zps7z5onbls.jpg~original

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, here is something I think you will all really like. It was an ebay pick up on the cheap. Got really lucky with this one.

sambo1.jpg

sambo2.jpg

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Never did figure out how to embed photosfrom imgur. But I picked this up for $20 today. Was told it didn't work.
Shell is cracked badly. At first it didn't work. Button was stuck to on position. But wasn't activating the switch. Took it apart and it works. Low serial U.S model ( no power cord either )

Neo Geo AES find! https://imgur.com/gallery/h5zBy

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Never did figure out how to embed photosfrom imgur. But I picked this up for $20 today. Was told it didn't work.
Shell is cracked badly. At first it didn't work. Button was stuck to on position. But wasn't activating the switch. Took it apart and it works. Low serial U.S model ( no power cord either )

Neo Geo AES find! https://imgur.com/gallery/h5zBy

What an amazing find though, thats cheap!