Post Your Recent Purchases!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
VHS is the only thing I've had fun collecting that is dirt cheap. I figured I needed something to collect that doesn't completely drain my resources. It's hard to beat paying a buck for a giant bag full of them.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
6a00d83452989a69e2016765c1a290970b-600wi

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I collect/get VHS because I'm a broke ass peice of shit and I can't get into the new shit that's on Blu-ray and DVD.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I collect/get VHS because I'm a broke ass peice of shit and I can't get into the new shit that's on Blu-ray and DVD.

There's the good and the bad of it.

The good is that I'd say you tend to find a lot of cool obscure things digging through VHS, only released on VHS. There's a bunch of of rare and obscure titles that have never seen (and possibly never will see, unfortunately) the light of day on DVD or any other format (with the small exception of maybe laserdisc).

Dicking around with tracking is something I don't miss, though. Dealing with a tape getting eaten is also something I don't miss.
Never mind having to rewind/fast-forward to get to scenes you wanna show/see. Or if you had multiple movies on a tape....

I wept tears of joy *AND* fist pumped for 3 days straight when I got my first DVD player back in 1999.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
VHS and LD are both shit formats by modern standards. I sold or threw out mine over a decade ago. They are being kept alive/revived by hipsters and Master Tasuke types.

LD has some exclusive releases, especially in the anime/men-fighting-in-suits world. I have a release of Akira on LD that has completely different (and better) english voice actors than the typical DVD/BD releases. I believe the Akira Production Report only came out on LD as well, but I could be wrong. And like vinyl records it just has a cool aesthetic with the big cover art and gate folds like someone else mentioned.

VHS can get fucked. So can audio cassettes :D

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
OK, OK...geez. I will give LD a pass where a better option does not exist :D

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Thats kinda neat site how long did it take to get your cart back though?
It took about 3.5 weeks all together, from the day I sent him the cart to the day I received it back in the mail. I'm sure there are other options that are States-side, but I like dealing with Leon and have been really happy with his work.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Some new games for the Colecovision Super Game Module

Everything is high quality and built to last. I'm very impressed.

These really do look like quality. And that Colecovision Super Game Module! It's just amazing to see what people can do for something they love. The module makes some games like Donkey Kong arcade perfect, right? (with the upgraded cart and module)
If I was able to get into everything I would be all over this.

I saw a local add this morning for Sengoku 3. A few hours later I had it in hand for $100 CAD. Sometimes things just happen nice and easy.

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/mvs-sengoku-3-01.jpg?w=917

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/mvs-sengoku-3-02.jpg?w=917

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/mvs-sengoku-3-03.jpg?w=917

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
LD has some exclusive releases, especially in the anime/men-fighting-in-suits world. I have a release of Akira on LD that has completely different (and better) english voice actors than the typical DVD/BD releases. I believe the Akira Production Report only came out on LD as well, but I could be wrong. And like vinyl records it just has a cool aesthetic with the big cover art and gate folds like someone else mentioned.

VHS can get fucked. So can audio cassettes :D

I love vinyls but the biggest problem I had was trying to find a reliable affordable ld player. I actually had a nice collection of about 75 ld's at one point when I had my laser active but when it crapped out I sold everything off. I thought the negatives outweighed the positives.

I tried to get back into it but hunting down amother ld player was such a hassle.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Just got back from vacation tonight and had this waiting for me on the front porch...a nice welcome home.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Just got back from vacation tonight and had this waiting for me on the front porch...a nice welcome home.

got to love the cover art for the western release that has nothing to do with the game. nice pick up by the way.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
One thing to watch out for is the analog sensitivity when using a DS4 isn't quite right, but you're probably not playing FPS games on the PSTV so it shouldn't matter much. Same thing happens when you hook a DS4 up to a PS3.

I got in a copy of Shantae Half Genie Hero for the PS4 today from Amazon, and a Cronusmax Pro controller converter. I'm hoping that I can get it to work with my 8bitdo SNES pad and/or my Saturn USB pad so I can use them on the PS4 and Xbone, or at the very least use the Xbone pad on PS4 if I can't.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
i didnt know the dual shock 4 worked on pstv. does it support touch games?

Sort of. I have Fez which supports tough controls for map panning and navigation and that works with the touchpad. There are options for touchpad and touchscreen control toggle so as long as the game isn't blacklisted (or the system is hacked), it should support it.