Post Your Recent Purchases!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Finally got myself a NAS. After doing the research I decided to pick up the Synology DS216+II, 2x 2TB HDD's, and an 8GB of DDR3 that this NAS can be upgraded with. Just finished setting it up tonight, and I will spend the weekend consolidating pictures, videos, project files and "misc" data from 3 PC's, 1 laptop and 3 iOS devices. Fun times.
xwwD7B7.jpg

Nice. I have two 2-bay WD My Book Pros. One has 8TB and the other has 16TB set to mirrored RAID. They're fucking expensive but they make my life easier and I'm not constantly panicking that I'm going to lose all of my work projects.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Nice. I have two 2-bay WD My Book Pros. One has 8TB and the other has 16TB set to mirrored RAID. They're fucking expensive but they make my life easier and I'm not constantly panicking that I'm going to lose all of my work projects.
I've been hearing stories of people's hard drives dying to frequently lately that it got me paranoid. Eventually I want to swap these HDD's out with SSD's, when those come down in price. But these $65 2TB's are good enough for the time being. Peace of Mind is expensive though.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
How do you know they are new?

Ahhh...somebody finally asks a very good question. This is 2017 so truth is, how could anybody know if a PVM is new? PVMs don't have the settings to show how many hours are on it like BVMs. Here's how a skeptic like myself came to my conclusion.
1. The seller said so- I know who, I know...who gives a shit
2. Upon arrival, the units plastic casing, rear connectors, labels and glass we're all immaculate. The plastic case even had that brand new texture that plastic has when freshly out of the mold. No scuffs or scratches on the rear connectors shafts from wires coming on or off. He had both manuals and remotes...again, in immaculate condition and sealed in the plastic still. No major bends in the manuals at all. I can see through the plastic that the remotes plastic has that same new, slight textured look that the monitor casing has as if it came off the conveyor belt yesterday.
3. When he turned them on, the picture was amazing, the most crisp SD image I have ever seen in my life and colors were vibrant with absolutely no bleeding.
4. The seller's story seemed very believable once I got there and saw the abandoned broadcasting building. There was literally video shit out the wazooo ...some still in box and some ratty as shit. He said if they don't sell it off in a couple weeks they're gonna dump it. My jaw dropped but I got the best of the "trash" they don't want anyway.
5) most importantly...I want to believe it! Lmao

So there it is...don't rain on my parade. He gave me the second one for free because they really just want the stuff gone because they just bought the building and need it cleaned out for new construction.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ahhh...somebody finally asks a very good question. This is 2017 so truth is, how could anybody know if a PVM is new? PVMs don't have the settings to show how many hours are on it like BVMs. Here's how a skeptic like myself came to my conclusion.
2. Upon arrival, the units plastic casing, rear connectors, labels and glass we're all immaculate. The plastic case even had that brand new texture that plastic has when freshly out of the mold. No scuffs or scratches on the rear connectors shafts from wires coming on or off. He had both manuals and remotes...again, in immaculate condition and sealed in the plastic still. No major bends in the manuals at all. I can see through the plastic that the remotes plastic has that same new, slight textured look that the monitor casing has as if it came off the conveyor belt yesterday.
3. When he turned them on, the picture was amazing, the most crisp SD image I have ever seen in my life and colors were vibrant with absolutely no bleeding.
4. The seller's story seemed very believable once I got there and saw the abandoned broadcasting building. There was literally video shit out the wazooo ...some still in box and some ratty as shit. He said if they don't sell it off in a couple weeks they're gonna dump it. My jaw dropped but I got the best of the "trash" they don't want anyway.

So there it is...don't rain on my parade. He gave me the second one for free because they really just want the stuff gone because they just bought the building and need it cleaned out for new construction.

I'm glad you found these new PVM's and I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer but although they are new unused doesn't mean that those caps inside are in the best shape especially for monitors sitting so long without being powered on. The worst thing for any capacitor is to sit for that long unused. Very Nice monitors though.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Looks nice, I would love to pick one of these models up sometime.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
I'm glad you found these new PVM's and I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer but although they are new unused doesn't mean that those caps inside are in the best shape especially for monitors sitting so long without being powered on. The worst thing for any capacitor is to sit for that long unused. Very Nice monitors though.

Fair enough and very true. I played the odds for sure and hoping that since they may very well be new and not used much at all, the capacitors might hold together long enough until my death.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I get the feeling you were aroused by writing this.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fair enough and very true. I played the odds for sure and hoping that since they may very well be new and not used much at all, the capacitors might hold together long enough until my death.

This is true. Old Sony Electronics are Die Hard and I'm pretty sure you'll be fine but eventually most of these older monitors will require some sort of Maintenance if you want them to last longer. I've already had 2 PVM's die and the picture on those monitors were nice bright with vivid colors while my White 20 inch Hospital Pvm that was probably running for 5+ Years straight and picture is not as bright, colors aren't as vivid is still working fine.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Scored a Hyper Neo v2 board with Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zanmaden. The board was in its original box with a Japanese manual, but the game was bare. Oh well. I really appreciate the MVS switch on this one. It makes it easy to get the stereo sound out via my supergun.

HNG64SS2.jpg

I've had a lot of fun with the game so far. I've seen some combo videos, but man, I have no idea how they pull that stuff off. But hey, I'm just getting started.

grendelrt said:
Got my skycurser kit ! Man is it awesome, need to find a discussion thread on it for tactics now hehe

Damn, man. Congratulations. I really want to get it, but $700 plus shipping? I dooon't knoooow ... It looks glorious, but I've been on the fence for the longest time because of that price. I'm glad to hear they're going to support their Airframe system, though. I wonder if the games will be sold digitally later on, once there are several titles available? Did you by any chance take a look inside of that thing?

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
A rather older purchase - but I had finally time to put my Pachinko Sexy Reaction poster on to the wall.

and yes the wallscrolls are gone - since it was a deal with my wife (!) before getting the Blast City ;)

r2.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You're going to love it!

Grab a multi and you're set.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
2017: Historically the best year to get into AES collecting.

16Bites

n00b
You're going to love it!

Grab a multi and you're set.

I hope so! Need to find myself some of the cheaper games to get me started as its just the console.

are you gonna post a pic of it once it arrives?

I can do yea, eBay is estimating around three weeks for delivery so I will upload them when it arrives. Hopefully it resembles the pictures that sold me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I hope so! Need to find myself some of the cheaper games to get me started as its just the console.

I can do yea, eBay is estimating around three weeks for delivery so I will upload them when it arrives. Hopefully it resembles the pictures that sold me.

Make sure you post a pic of it working too. We need to see it in action bro.

16Bites

n00b
Make sure you post a pic of it working too. We need to see it in action bro.

Will do, can anyone recommend a place to buy a scart cable for it or is it a case of just using eBay?

also does anyone know why I can't see pictures or post in the for sale part? :help: