War Room Troll
Slug 2 from Ren, thanks dude.
fPuaDqMl.jpg

dDgPsmCl.jpg

Really nice kit mate!

Congrats!

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Upgraded some cabling for my SNES recently. A little pricey, but for a cheaper cost than one of those crappy SNES classic minis coming out, it was worth the upgrade. SNES and XRGB Mini shielded Coaxial cables from retro-accessories.

I decided to do a capture of it, as you can hear there is next to no audio noise, especially when the screen goes all white.

I've tried all manner of fixing my old cables to get rid of the hissing noise, different grounding, shielding... I even ran separate audio lines from the cable and hooked it directly into my amp input (bypassing the SCART plug) which turned out better, but not perfect.
These coaxial cables are next to perfect.

Completely worth the purchase for my A/V OCD.

The best RGB that you have tried for the snes? I have a the GC one modded. Better that this?

embergabor

New Challenger
Bought two Namco Guncons for my PS1 and PS2. Both needed a bath in soapy water (the plastics at least). Got a manual RGB Scart switcher too. It has 3 scart inputs that can be switched to the single scart output and the composite outputs (the outputs work simultaneously). With this I can switch the Guncons' video input too. Oh and the switcher has a cool RGB on/off switch so it is easy to see the difference between composite and rgb video. It passes through Scart pin 16 so the source needs to provide the voltage.
IMG_1912k.jpg
IMG_1985k.jpg

FBX

Quiz Detective
These are solid cables for sure. However, in my view, the official Super Famicom RGB21 cable from Nintendo is superior to any aftermarket cable for both audio and video quality. The difference is very minor but there is a difference.

I'm kind of curious how they would be better. The coaxial upgraded cables from Retro-Access have each individual wire fully shielded. The only way to improve on that would be to use something like gold as a better conductor.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Picked up the Die Hard cab that Acblunden was selling on here. Looks like a good project for me. Might keep it as Die Hard, I might convert it to a Skycurser cab. Couple of my friends were helping me and wanted to take a goofy picture when we got it unloaded lol. received_1647010521978721.jpeg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
STV cabs are great, keep it Die Hard, the quality of the stickers is very nice and it cleans up rather well, you can still add more buttons if needed. I had one but never got to put it to good use so I gave it to FR, fellow member here, we added extra buttons and a Pandora box, excellent setup for a few brawls, tons of room, specially elbow room.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Picked up the Die Hard cab that Acblunden was selling on here. Looks like a good project for me. Might keep it as Die Hard, I might convert it to a Skycurser cab.

I would keep it Die hard - the decals and artwork for the Titan cabs are tough to source.

First order of business should be to replace the sticks and buttons. In mine I was able to install JLWs and convex Sanwa's. You may need to drill the holes a bit bigger for the pushbuttons to fit.

A sponge and some Simple Green will clean that cab right up.

In case you ever need to move it again: All of the weight for that cab is in that diamond plate. It unscrews from the cab easily and its not as difficult to lift and move the cab once it's off. The plastic is deceptively light even with the monitor and power supply still inside.

Not many people realize this, and I don't remember seeing it in the manual, but the coin mechs are common(?) (wired as one). I desoldered the wires from one of the mechs and wired it to a pushbutton for the pandora.

Thats a great Sega cab - lots of real estate on that CP.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you have 48 hours to post pictures of your wife to prove your worthyness. noncompliance will be penalized by theMot (=ban).
Also: change that ugly Win10 lock screen.

John Candy was there?

:lolz: hahaha

FBX

Quiz Detective
It had been 23 years since I last owned a Neo Geo (2-slot MVS arcade). I decided it was finally time to get one again, mostly due to the wall of home consoles I've been building, with each running an Everdrive, modded for RGB as needed (or HDMI like my N64), and all RGB consoles piped into my gscartsw-lite + Framemeister. So this time around I got an AES in near mint condition (original arcade stick is MIB) and have it set up with the NeoSD on my wall rack:

myneogeo.jpg

I'm currently using a modified extension cord I re-wired to make a custom button map for a Super NES controller adapter. I find I'm more comfortable using a Super NES controller, so I prefer it over the arcade stick.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
you know they make 2-wheel dollies to move things around instead of 2 gorillas.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Nice collection suicidekiller!Do you have a complete collection now?:)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Not his collection. Obviously.

Mine's even bigger :p

@RAZ: Yeah, but that's everything good the game has to offer. I really like Yuki's attempt to recreate SS3 and eradicate all the broken stuff from this uncut diamond. However, they miserably failed.

@bello: Nope, still missing the one game you have in your collection ;)

Last edited: