Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah, your point?

FilthyRear is a member of the NG troll crew, I'd not take anything that he/she says too seriously. Misery, pot stirring, bandwagon jumping, jock riding, and more misery. Did I mention misery?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I would've hooked this up sooner but didn't have a male to male SCART cable (ordered one from RCA but due to the hurricane it got delayed).

Upgraded my SCART fire daisy death trap to the Gscart lite which then goes to a Shinybow-2840. On a unrelated note, the shelf the tv is currently on will be replaced to but that is for another time. It is currently drying as I just put sealer over the stain.

IMG_0598.JPG

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I hope that SCART switch is made with anti-static low thermal cycle acrylic. Otherwise kiss your cables goodbye.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
FilthyRear is a member of the NG troll crew, I'd not take anything that he/she says too seriously. Misery, pot stirring, bandwagon jumping, jock riding, and more misery. Did I mention misery?

Lol

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
When madman wrote that I thought you could put most people's names there. ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
When madman wrote that I thought you could put most people's names there. ;)

Yeah, I can totally see Guilty as a famed novelist and the author of a successful series of Regency romance novels featuring a character named madman. Until one fateful snowy night, from which he wakes up in...

Spoiler:
tumblr_o0ygqd7ddF1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

...misery.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ What's your point of comparison? Both titles are based on cartoon licenses?

The Simpsons is a much older and more mechanically limited title than PSSM.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
IMG_20170924_083858_360.jpg

I had some odd buzzing when playing in RGB with my Omega so I sold it a bought this sexy CMVS from James! Beautiful build and so far it plays perfectly!

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I normally don't like emulation, but in this case I had to open an exception, get a board for every game would be unpractical.Pandora box 815.jpg

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I normally don't like emulation, but in this case I had to open an exception, get a board for every game would be unpractical.

At the moment, I'm using supergun + TV exclusively, so there's no point in buying an emulation box, but just out of curiosity, how well do these work, anyway? They seem to be pretty "popular". How often do they get revisions or updates? I always thought if you're going with emulation, you might just as well use a Raspberry, which I would imagine supports the latest MAME builds and so on.

In my experience, those Chinese emulation platforms are always lagging when it comes to "newer" stuff. The consoles I've tried can't handle some of the GBA stuff at full speed, and arcade boxes I've seen videos of can't run CPS3 at full speed. I see a VGA-out as well. How does the scaling work in these?

Edit: I have just watched some PB4S HD videos, and it's impossible to find one which actually talks about performance in games that could be problematic. Everyone is playing either really old games, or CPS2 at best. I've seen ONE video where some dude plays 3rd Strike, but the video is clearly sped up for all of the games, and thus completely useless. Plus, the original sound was swapped out for some tweaker dubstep.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
At the moment, I'm using supergun + TV exclusively, so there's no point in buying an emulation box, but just out of curiosity, how well do these work, anyway? They seem to be pretty "popular". How often do they get revisions or updates? I always thought if you're going with emulation, you might just as well use a Raspberry, which I would imagine supports the latest MAME builds and so on.

In my experience, those Chinese emulation platforms are always lagging when it comes to "newer" stuff. The consoles I've tried can't handle some of the GBA stuff at full speed, and arcade boxes I've seen videos of can't run CPS3 at full speed. I see a VGA-out as well. How does the scaling work in these?

Edit: I have just watched some PB4S HD videos, and it's impossible to find one which actually talks about performance in games that could be problematic. Everyone is playing either really old games, or CPS2 at best. I've seen ONE video where some dude plays 3rd Strike, but the video is clearly sped up for all of the games, and thus completely useless. Plus, the original sound was swapped out for some tweaker dubstep.

There's an entire thread dedicated to it. Use the search function.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug

As I use in the arcade cab to play arcade games it has the advantage of using the Jamma connector and the only changes I have to do when I disconnect the MVS and connect the Pandora is the inclusion of 2 more buttons for each player.
I don't really know about updates, for what I've seen it is not very often.
the Raspberry is known for being good on emulation everything, I was looking just to emulate games on the arcade and connect on my cab, that was my decision on using Pandora
The games are working really good. I've tested about 10 games and the only one up to now that I had problem was golden axe (too bad because it was one game I wanted to work) to problem is only in sound, the in game music is low, but the enemies scream are really loud, and sound fo r me i very important.
The games I tested and are working good (maybe perfect?? some I don't remember how was in the arcade original, but I felt no issue while playing):
-Pre historic island
-Street fighter alfa 3 (I think was this one)
-final fight
-Strider
-gouls n gosts
-metal slug x
-Raiden (sound was not bad just don't remember if it was perfect)
-Cadillacs and dinossaurs
-Altered beast

Game with trouble (up to now)
-golden axe (low in game sound but enemy scream is too loud, no issues on image)