Post Your Recent Purchases!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I have always really loved cyber-lip. I came very close to practicing it enough to 1cc it, but then got lazy. Lol
The music in it is fantastic (I love the sphero symphony sound in early neo titles) and yeah. Just don't expect contra or metal slug, and then it's a great game! It's got a lot of nostalgia for me, because I recall playing it the one and only time I got to sit down for an hour with an AES and play 5 or so titles in 1992 when I was 4 years old. My mind was blown by cyber-lip and blues journey (coincidentally, that's gonna be my next pick up in another week!)

Dude, I missed out on just about all Neo games in the 90's that weren't fighters so I've been on a kick lately picking up stuff like Blue's Journey, King of the Monsters, Crossed Swords, etc. I played through Blue's a couple months back with a buddy co-op and man is it a MESS. lol. A lot of neat ideas, though, that would go on to become staples in co-op platfomers. Tons of glitches (platforms appearing too soon in a level, causing you to be unsure of where you should jump/land, etc), and some odd bouts of severe slow-down the likes I've never seen before on the Neo. Single player is much smoother experience. Just an FYI. :) 100% worth it, but curve your expectations. Got a review on my website to check out.

Blue's Journey is one of those games where the concept is so strong, but the execution was super rushed to hit the launch window period of the Neo. I wish it had sold well enough for ADK to make a sequel. :buttrock:

Teluin

New Challenger
pFZE14L.jpg

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Dude, I missed out on just about all Neo games in the 90's that weren't fighters so I've been on a kick lately picking up stuff like Blue's Journey, King of the Monsters, Crossed Swords, etc. I played through Blue's a couple months back with a buddy co-op and man is it a MESS. lol. A lot of neat ideas, though, that would go on to become staples in co-op platfomers. Tons of glitches (platforms appearing too soon in a level, causing you to be unsure of where you should jump/land, etc), and some odd bouts of severe slow-down the likes I've never seen before on the Neo. Single player is much smoother experience. Just an FYI. :) 100% worth it, but curve your expectations. Got a review on my website to check out.

Blue's Journey is one of those games where the concept is so strong, but the execution was super rushed to hit the launch window period of the Neo. I wish it had sold well enough for ADK to make a sequel. :buttrock:
Oh, I'm totally aware the game is a mess. What can I say, I like my games half finished and weird. There's a lot of that in early neo shit. Haha

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Just got this Naomi Universal, it has atomiswave inside. It is bit more yellow than the picture shows but I don't think I'm going to paint it or anything.

naomiatomiswave.jpeg

I'm going to move that neo geo cabinet next to outrun and put the naomi next to the other one. Now I just need real candy to replace that shitty ok baby....

cabs.jpeg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Picked up this weekend!

*Picture taken on a bed*

20200411_232055.jpg

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
'The Matrix' on LD. Local find. It was posted by this miserable old git. No sleeves for the discs themselves, so they were grinding against each other. Quite badly scratched.
But that old Sony seems to play the movie just fine. No dropouts or any other issues, as far as I can see.

CxIsMFF.png

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
'The Matrix' on LD. Local find. It was posted by this miserable old git. No sleeves for the discs themselves, so they were grinding against each other. Quite badly scratched.
But that old Sony seems to play the movie just fine. No dropouts or any other issues, as far as I can see.

Love the AC-3 track on that disc. That's actually the last disc I ever played on my HLD-X9 before i sold it. :(

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Love the AC-3 track on that disc. That's actually the last disc I ever played on my HLD-X9 before i sold it. :(

It would have been nice to have a high-end player but the shipping costs alone have always been a killer. That and the usual concerns with in-transit damage. I would say very few people know or care to package that type of equipment.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It would have been nice to have a high-end player but the shipping costs alone have always been a killer. That and the usual concerns with in-transit damage. I would say very few people know or care to package that type of equipment.

I suppose it'd depend on who you bought it from. Get it from Nicolas and he knows how to pack em. Though if you want high end but not X9 price the LD-S9 is the way to go. Barring an S9 a DVL deck is what I'd grab as those are cheap and plentiful.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I suppose it'd depend on who you bought it from. Get it from Nicolas and he knows how to pack em. Though if you want high end but not X9 price the LD-S9 is the way to go. Barring an S9 a DVL deck is what I'd grab as those are cheap and plentiful.

No idea who Nicolas is.

I do have a 919. Two, actually. Both with issues, though. The one has these white horizontal lines across the screen. Sometimes they are static and other times they scroll up and down. It gets better after about 10 minutes of playback. Sometimes they go away completely but usually you can spot them.

The other 919 was an awful mess when I picked it up. No power, all banged up and just pretty much badly manhandled, with a disc stuck inside. I've got it now to the point where it powers up and the laser mechanism moves and behaves as it should. But I can't get it yet to spin a disc. Probably the spindle motor but it could be something else as well.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
No idea who Nicolas is.

Mebbe you know his screen name? n$a

You'll get a nice X9 from him, but it ain't cheap.

A 919 is kinda the worst for LD out of the DVL's (dat 700. mmmmm....) but it's still a top of the line deck. Too bad neither of yours are 100%. They beat the shit out of anything Sony ever put out.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Really hope I can get past the damn frog level and finally see the end of this game now that I own it once more! Also I gotta try and dig up that thread from a few years back where the dude figured out how to infinite jump in the game.
0fcee9617bf60c24f38f79f993bcfb71.jpg

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Really hope I can get past the damn frog level and finally see the end of this game now that I own it once more! Also I gotta try and dig up that thread from a few years back where the dude figured out how to infinite jump in the game.

Hell yeah! Good luck :buttrock: Patience and memorization is all you need to escape that infamous level :buttrock:

Here’s the double jump trick:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

To execute this trick, *while holding forward or back*, quickly dial:
:B:then:A:(pause for a slight moment) then tap :B:then:A: again (using your index finger to tap A and your middle finger to tap B if using an arcade stick layout). Do not “slide” from :B: to :A:. Each button press is a deliberate tap in rapid succession.

The motion should feel like you’re “galloping” with your 2 fingers as you are alternating between pressing “B” and “A”. Just make sure that you’re holding a direction rather than neutral jumping.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I find it very interesting that A: offscreen map geometry doesnt' have collision data loaded and B: the game manages to recover a player getting stuck inside a huge solid object on 0:52. Always fun to get an unexpected peek into how the game works internally with glitches like that.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
To execute this trick, *while holding forward or back*, quickly dial:
:B:then:A:(pause for a slight moment) then tap :B:then:A: again (using your index finger to tap A and your middle finger to tap B if using an arcade stick layout). Do not “slide” from :B: to :A:. Each button press is a deliberate tap in rapid succession.

The motion should feel like you’re “galloping” with your 2 fingers as you alternating between pressing “B” and “A”. Just make sure that you’re holding a direction rather than neutral jumping.
Awesome dude! Thanks! Gonna try it when I fire it up later tonight.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I bought my friends Sega Net City. First Naomi cab I ever bought!

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Voltron-Set-Superman4-K.jpg

I had wanted a Voltron set many years back, noticed a sale for $20 on Amazon.com so I said why not. Already watched the first 10 episodes, DVD 1, and it certainly is a bit rough, understandably far more acceptable for kids (the nostalgia goggles blinded me a bit), but that's OK.

The Superman [1978] 4K (also $20) replaces the defective HD BluRay I bought from Bestbuy years ago... By the time I opened it to watch, I found no BD player could detect it as a valid disc (error, no disc message) and it was too late to refund/replace at the store... (I tried many players, even took it to a movie rental that tested it on a PS3, the disc looks perfect but it was just DOA from the factory!)

Side note: Incredible next day delivery from Amazon too!!! My neighbor texts me there's a package thrown on my stairs, I was confused, genuinely had no idea what it was because my PC Engine CoreGrafx mini had already arrived from Japan! To my shock it was this which made no sense because I placed the order the night before!

Tangent: FYI, I hear they're hiring like mad, offering $18/hour hazard pay at the moment. A friend of mine who had his brick'n'mortar business destroyed with the shutdowns got a job there right now, he had little choice... The $1,200 government cheese hasn't arrived and he doesn't qualify for unemployment...

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You could apply for a job at amazon logistics, but I heard you need to be at least 5'5 tall.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Speed Racer Bluray collector edition has dropped in price recently.So i bought it finally since this set has the japanese version of the show and the 97 version as well.Also the pce game under the magziner z dvds is kaiden 00.
Qd2wbSs.png

cDSaLAV.png

afrgEF6.png

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Had this lil beaut arrive today.
Been after one for quite a while but they always been over priced.

Anyway got this at a fair price, And the stick itself is as new, not a scratch on it so thats pretty sweet :)

94b0f76ba25809e18268b853e1a787ca.jpg