Post Your Recent Purchases!

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Got my Terraonion MODE in and installed in my Saturn. So far it’s pretty amazing.

Congrats! Ordered mine yesterday, a very rare case of impulse buying (I usually wait and study and look at the reviews and wait for a price drop and study the reviews again until I go to the online store and it says "out of stock forever").
One reason is that the 200 EUR price (shipping included) hit a sweet spot, in my opinion: I'd be very nervous to buy a NeoSD Pro and putting so much money in a single object that can ultimately fail (or that I could screw up with a wrong firmware update). Also, while it's not exactly a quick swap, knowing I can use it on both my Saturn and Dreamcast is nice. ;)

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Got my Terraonion MODE in and installed in my Saturn. So far it’s pretty amazing.

01f8b40bd487c2399834586a351b6e5a.jpg

Nice. I got one too and installed on my Saturn earlier this weekend. Works as advertised even though taking apart the Saturn is kind of a pain. Finally get to play Panzer Dragoon Saga though!

Definitely considering another for Dreamcast.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Congrats! Ordered mine yesterday, a very rare case of impulse buying (I usually wait and study and look at the reviews and wait for a price drop and study the reviews again until I go to the online store and it says "out of stock forever").
One reason is that the 200 EUR price (shipping included) hit a sweet spot, in my opinion: I'd be very nervous to buy a NeoSD Pro and putting so much money in a single object that can ultimately fail (or that I could screw up with a wrong firmware update). Also, while it's not exactly a quick swap, knowing I can use it on both my Saturn and Dreamcast is nice. ;)

If you don’t already have a flash cart for AES/MVS, then I think a Neo SD pro is worth the sticker especially when you consider the alternative of actually buying AES carts. There’s 0 cost ways to play basically all games at this point but if you’re set on using real hardware it’s a good compromise.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
If you don’t already have a flash cart for AES/MVS, then I think a Neo SD pro is worth the sticker especially when you consider the alternative of actually buying AES carts. There’s 0 cost ways to play basically all games at this point but if you’re set on using real hardware it’s a good compromise.

I agree, and if I was new to collecting, I'd go for the NeoSD Pro, no question about it. But I started collecting MVS games years ago, and I already have 90 unique titles on cart, plus a 161 in 1 (I know, not an ideal solution, but it's not that bad). At the end, I'm missing something like 25 titles for a full set, including some Mahjong games that I'd never play, so the expense for a NeoSD becomes quite relevant at this point ;)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Definitely considering another for Dreamcast.

I’m considering getting another too. I have a clone GDemu but this is so much easier to use, and being able to use hard drives is a huge advantage. I no longer regret selling my Saturn collection years ago. With the going prices I’ll never own many of these games again

I have a normal NeoSD and I really like it. It was expensive enough that I’m not sure if upgrading to the Pro would be worth it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I agree, and if I was new to collecting, I'd go for the NeoSD Pro, no question about it. But I started collecting MVS games years ago, and I already have 90 unique titles on cart, plus a 161 in 1 (I know, not an ideal solution, but it's not that bad). At the end, I'm missing something like 25 titles for a full set, including some Mahjong games that I'd never play, so the expense for a NeoSD becomes quite relevant at this point ;)
If anything I'll be in the same boat. I'd get the NeoSD AES to use for what's missing as I have what I need via MVS mostly

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Finally got into the Saturn and I love it. I write about it here, but here are some photos. I'm actually more interested in the standard Sega stuff than the pricey shit.
IMG_1916.JPG

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hookup from Tweek:

Legit pickup man. Robo Army is a little underrated in my opinion. That old style stick looks to be well kept too. You don't see them with the Neo Geo logo fully intact unless it's a boxed or NOS stick.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Found an old Beta, late 70's VCR.

Sorted out the belts, cleaned the video heads and other contact points, oiled a couple of noisy idlers, fixed up a stuck back-tension lever and adjusted the AFC on the chroma board to restore color to the image. It works great now.

ZphBXpL.jpg

BTW, these old units have a single AC motor to run everything.

And I also picked up one of those Digipak LaserDisc releases.

O88m7Yc.jpg

GfuWqMP.jpg

Games wise I got a few bootleg SNES carts.

kF2x9OX.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Very nice selection of games.
I played Sega Rally Championship for hours and hours.
It is an awesome game!

Yeah, Sega Rally on Saturn is fantastic, especially once you master it and try to shave hundredths off your times :)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Finally got into the Saturn and I love it.

It is cool you're into the Saturn but come on buddy, you needed a youtuber to 'discover' Virtua Fighter, Nights and Sega Rally? Those are rather well known titles for most people who were playing games in the 90's.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Nights is a terrible, overly repetitive game. So overrated.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20200715_175332.jpg

I would have happily paid more for shipping in a box...sigh!

But I'm excited to get this installed.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
It is cool you're into the Saturn but come on buddy, you needed a youtuber to 'discover' Virtua Fighter, Nights and Sega Rally? Those are rather well known titles for most people who were playing games in the 90's.

At the time, all that consumed me was the PS1. I knew about Virtua Fighter 2 but in Chicago, you could not find it around. It was always Tekken. Same with Sega Rally unfortuantely.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
View attachment 57142

I would have happily paid more for shipping in a box...sigh!

But I'm excited to get this installed.

Sad to see your box get damaged.

Drop us an email: support(at)terraonion.com

Include your order number, DHL tracking number and pictures of the damage.

We can ship you a replacement box.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Sad to see your box get damaged.

Drop us an email: support(at)terraonion.com

Include your order number, DHL tracking number and pictures of the damage.

We can ship you a replacement box.

Thank you for the offer but I'm good.

Worried about the Mode rather than the box.

Last edited: