Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Newest addition to the Dogg Farm...Toby, a Chincoteague.

5niWiiO.jpg

eG5SxjY.jpg

He's a bit smaller than my draft-cross. He also needs to lose a little roundness...

Could have gotten a US AES MS2 or a pony...little girl wins out.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That's very cool!

I knew you couldn't be all bad! ;) ;) ;)

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
4B2115AB-F910-4768-B01D-FC041A7A0066.jpeg

Mail delivery tonight, pretty happy with this!
Know what i will do tonight

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I mentioned somewhere else I had just brought a set of 3D glasses from Japan some weeks ago, Well they arrived today as well as my XOSVP from Canada :)

7F3516D8-AA08-4265-8EE9-99DF239D8400.jpeg

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Truth be told, I've never played this game before yesterday and I fell in love! I've seen some side tournament play over the last year or so from various events and I keep noticing that the game just looks tight. After playing a good 30 matches last night with a buddy (on Fightcade), I'm a believer. The game is horribly unblanaced, but that's a huge part of the charm. Fast, snappy movements, great key frames of animation, and the game is so brutal that rounds will be over in 10 seconds if you have even a small strategy for your character. I'm quite happy - thanks for the good deal ForeverSublime!

This is game number 51 of the 60 I want in the archive - so my collection is nearing completion.

20200903_195234.jpg

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Truth be told, I've never played this game before yesterday and I fell in love! I've seen some side tournament play over the last year or so from various events and I keep noticing that the game just looks tight. After playing a good 30 matches last night with a buddy (on Fightcade), I'm a believer. The game is horribly unblanaced, but that's a huge part of the charm. Fast, snappy movements, great key frames of animation, and the game is so brutal that rounds will be over in 10 seconds if you have even a small strategy for your character. I'm quite happy - thanks for the good deal ForeverSublime!

This is game number 51 of the 60 I want in the archive - so my collection is nearing completion.

I wouldn't say its horribly unbalanced. It's probably as imbalanced as your typical fighting game from that era.

FHD is definitely a "more than meets the eye" fighter on the Neo though. I think a lot of people make assumptions based on it's graphic style, year of release, and Data East's fighting game track record (or lack there of), and don't realize how slick of a game it really is.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I wouldn't say its horribly unbalanced. It's probably as imbalanced as your typical fighting game from that era.

FHD is definitely a "more than meets the eye" fighter on the Neo though. I think a lot of people make assumptions based on it's graphic style, year of release, and Data East's fighting game track record (or lack there of), and don't realize how slick of a game it really is.

It is a very slick game engine wise and the weakpoint mechanics are pretty interesting. Everyone has a different weakpoint and if you get hit three times you are dizzy'd. You also take more damage.

The weakpoint system is cool as you can change high low blocking when being hit by combos to prevent certain attacks from hitting your weakpoint doing less damage or drop them due to the hitbox. It can sometimes save you from being killed in a full combo. I never liked dizzy though and felt it is definitely one of the games weaknesses since you can't mash out of it. It makes the top tiers even better as almost all 4 have guaranteed kills after a dizzy except in certain matchups.

Game even has air combos like Mizoguchi and his kick loops which are all very fun to do and require good execution vs the top tiers who have ez mode high damage combos for the most part. Can even do low profile tiger knee (2369) fireballs with Yungmie. Or how about Mars the grappler who can command grab in the middle of combos? Lots of interesting stuff you just didn't see at the time of its release in 1994.

But yeah the cool weakpoint system or Mizoguchi loops or hiding your weakpoints is kinda overshadowed and moot when Ray does baked potato wheel kick (full invincible and can do in the air), balloon memes with karnov/slide teleport glitch/infinite, Zazie bitch slap for instant dizzy sometimes instant death and ducking hell fire (6,41236 to do a cool glitch where you do ducking hell fire anti air with his dodge tldr invincibility), or Lees ZesshouHou/ez mode draogn punch that is a hadouken. The bottom tiers winning in this game is like Blanka winning tournaments in super turbo.

Very fun but broken game. It really needed a balance patch. Unfortunately data east seemed to go out of business shortly after.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Agreed.

Data East were releasing games until 1999 and went out of business in 2003, but I know what you're saying.

Yeah not the best choice of words for me. To be honest I think that capcom suing them (even though data east won) might've influenced an update. A update to the game would've been feasible since it didn't come out super late for the neo imo.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A update to the game would've been feasible since it didn't come out super late for the neo imo.

Well, there was Fighter's History : Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!, but yeah, not really an update. Not an arcade game either.

EDIT : and it was extra broken

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Well, there was Fighter's History Dynamite : Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!, but yeah, not really an update. Not an arcade game either.

Thanks for the suggestion.I should play that sometime. Mizoguchi is too cool of a character. I mean he even got into King of Fighters Maximum impact.I am surprised he wasn't the main character cause Ray is bland as shit.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It is a very slick game engine wise and the weakpoint mechanics are pretty interesting...Lots of interesting stuff you just didn't see at the time of its release in 1994.

+1
Hell yes! Fighter's History Dynamite is awesome. The mechanics at play in that game are amazing considering when it released.

Well, there was Fighter's History : Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!, but yeah, not really an update. Not an arcade game either.

EDIT : and it was extra broken

Thanks for the suggestion.I should play that sometime. Mizoguchi is too cool of a character. I mean he even got into King of Fighters Maximum impact.I am surprised he wasn't the main character cause Ray is bland as shit.

If you enjoy Fighter's History Dynamite, give Suiko Enbu/Suiko Enbu Fuunsaiki a chance if you haven't already. It's on saturn and ps1 and features Mizoguchi and Yungmie as playable characters:

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Karnov's Revenge is one of those games that made me realize I was a dumb fuck for passing over games that were considered "clones" by people. Certainly not perfect, but a very fun fighter.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If you enjoy Fighter's History Dynamite, give Suiko Enbu/Suiko Enbu Fuunsaiki a chance if you haven't already. It's on saturn and ps1 and features Mizoguchi and Yungmie as playable characters:

Such an outrageous game. I think it could be a contender for the most broken fighting game of all time. But, yeah, it's really cool.
It's like a water margin Fighter's History + Ninja Master's weapon/no weapon move sets + the shape of Marvel Vs.-to-come ground bounce air combos.

EDIT : Fuun Saiki is Saturn only. Fuun Saki is the one with the super crazy engine. OG Suiko Enbu is still cool, but I haven't played a ton of of it. I didn't realize Mizoguchi was a hidden character in the playstation port though.

Karnov's Revenge is one of those games that made me realize I was a dumb fuck for passing over games that were considered "clones" by people. Certainly not perfect, but a very fun fighter.

Sure. I wonder what the exact number is of nerds over the years who wrote pieces on FH/FHD being like "LOL, OMG. This is literally SF II. No wonder they got sued!!". Hundreds? More? It's no more like SF II than any fighting game at the time.

I don't know much about that "lawsuit", or whether it was a Capcom USA thing or Capcom of Japan, but if it did actually happen, i'd guess that the six button control scheme of Fighter's History was where the grounds of "infringement" were.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I thought that lawsuit was over the original Fighter's History? I seem to remember they were suing over the setting and gameplay rules but got fucked because of Karate Champ preceding SFII and the judge declaring the whole "world street fighting challenges" scenario and character costumes/moves/personalities as clichéd scene a faire (you shouldn't be able to copyright generic karate man in karategi).

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
+1
Hell yes! Fighter's History Dynamite is awesome. The mechanics at play in that game are amazing considering when it released

Haha, I'm quite familiar with this game. :) It was one of the first import Saturn games I got WAY WAY back in 1997 as a freebe from where I ordered my import copy of Rockman 8. I think it was from NCS if I remember correctly. Honestly, though, I haven't played it since the late 90's. I remember hating it, but it might hold up better now looking back rather than in the moment when I was a teenager.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I remember hating it, but it might hold up better now looking back rather than in the moment when I was a teenager.

I'm guessing you had vanilla Suiko Enbu. The Japan saturn version feels like it's underwater and is almost unplayable. The US saturn and Japan playstation versions didn't have this problem. Maybe Fuun Saiki was a way for Data East to say "we're sorry" to saturn owners in Japan.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'm guessing you had vanilla Suiko Enbu. The Japan saturn version feels like it's underwater and is almost unplayable. The US saturn and Japan playstation versions didn't have this problem. Maybe Fuun Saiki was a way for Data East to say "we're sorry" to saturn owners in Japan.

I did have the vanilla release, yes. I was not aware of the changes in the Fuun Saiki edition, although I was aware of its existence. As I hated vanilla, I never bothered with the update. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!