Post Your Recent Purchases!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just got in my first Neo Geo CD from Japan, a Unibios and power LED (blue) modded front loader, along with 9 games. I scooped up Final Romance 2, Janshin Densetsu, Power Spikes II (crap lol), ADK World, Stakes Winner, Samurai Spirits RPG, Puzzle Bobble, Neo Geo CD Special, and the Art of Fighting 3 limited pack. I’m limiting my CD purchases to the exclusives, games which didn’t get an AES release, or games with changes from the cartridge version. (more than just the arranged OST)

I’m enjoying it so far. I think the loading time issue is a bit exaggerated. It’s a huge plus to have the Unibios already installed, and it’s cool to have the CDZ style bootup and menu on the front loader.

6YrL0oT.jpg

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just got in my first Neo Geo CD from Japan, a Unibios and power LED (blue) modded front loader, along with 9 games. I scooped up Final Romance 2, Janshin Densetsu, Power Spikes II (crap lol), ADK World, Stakes Winner, Samurai Spirits RPG, Puzzle Bobble, Neo Geo CD Special, and the Art of Fighting 3 limited pack. I’m limiting my CD purchases to the exclusives, games which didn’t get an AES release, or games with changes from the cartridge version. (more than just the arranged OST)

I’m enjoying it so far. I think the loading time issue is a bit exaggerated. It’s a huge plus to have the Unibios already installed, and it’s cool to have the CDZ style bootup and menu on the front loader.

6YrL0oT.jpg

Very nice. Welcome to the club, my friend. The neo cd systems have a lot to give.

Early games in the neo library load just once and aren’t a problem at all. However, once you start playing your way through that copy of Bushido Retsuden, it won’t be long before you’ll want to spring for a cdz though.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Very nice. Welcome to the club, my friend. The neo cd systems have a lot to give.

Early games in the neo library load just once and aren’t a problem at all. However, once you start playing your way through that copy of Bushido Retsuden, it won’t be long before you’ll want to spring for a cdz though.

Thanks man, I think the CD experience is pretty solid. I do hear what you're saying about the loading times on some of the titles. We'll see if it gets under my skin the longer I play with the console.

Playing through Bushido Retsuden, it's painful that it didn't see the light of day outside of Japan.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Just avoid both Last Blades and Overtop, the rest is manageable with a front or toploader. But I'm one of those guys who don't mind the NeoSD loading times.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Playing through Bushido Retsuden, it's painful that it didn't see the light of day outside of Japan.

I completely agree. It was pretty damn ambitious and had a lot of great ideas. I enjoyed the story a lot and it expanded on the samurai spirits world far beyond even that of the fantastic Samurai Spirits Dengeki Bunko audio dramas.

SNK was no stranger to rpg's to begin with (Crystalis was great for it's time), and though they never left the genre and continued publishing rpg's and visual story-telling novels on the ps1, dreamcast, and the ngpc, Bushido Retsuden was none the less an (overly) ambitious project from the house of SNK that I wish was more accessible to english players.

Although not as long as other rpg's, having multiple protagonists with their own stories that can allow for very unique playthroughs (especially Genjuro) gives the title a lot of replay value and game length for those who are invested in the story/samurai spirits mythos.

Games like Octopath were recently celebrated for juggling multiple concurrent protagonists , but I felt like Bushido Retsuden handled that concept much better.

It's a shame the Samurai Shodown RPG project was largely unfinished. SNK was definitely on to something, that the later SNK rpg's done by Yumekobo and Sacnoth just couldn't match in my humble opinion.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Local classifieds. I have an alert set whenever an item with PVM or BVM in the name is posted for sale. I landed my 2030 the same way a few years ago.

Both good monitors. I prefer the picture and aesthetics of the 2030 myself.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Try playing any game after 1998. The loading time is minutes for a match in Last Blade.
Metal slug pauses in the middle of a level for loading as well.

Most games are not that bad, but any of the more heavy games will strain your patience for the loading screen.

I would set up matches in Last Blade with low damage to increase play time. We also found it would load much faster if you picked the same characters.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Picked up some stuff over the past month, I think I'm tapped out for the year
5e552f217cac52ca8ef52d0bfd260218.jpg

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Nice Cyber Lip G. Wat's one of those run now a days?

I know it gets lots of hate but it's one of the Neo games I most played in arcades when I was a kid. I think 2020 was the other heavy played game for me. Neither of which some to come up fs too terribly often

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nice Cyber Lip G. Wat's one of those run now a days?

I know it gets lots of hate but it's one of the Neo games I most played in arcades when I was a kid. I think 2020 was the other heavy played game for me. Neither of which some to come up fs too terribly often
I'm pretty sure I paid $120 shipped for Cyber Lip. I enjoy it's gameplay, even though it feels stiffer than Metal Slug and Contra. Fatal Fury was an impulse bid on ebay and I won it at $15 shipped, so why not lol

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'm pretty sure I paid $120 shipped for Cyber Lip. I enjoy it's gameplay, even though it feels stiffer than Metal Slug and Contra. Fatal Fury was an impulse bid on ebay and I won it at $15 shipped, so why not lol

Nice, $120 shipped is still reasonable.

It's too bad they cut out a lot of the voice clips from the prototype. Not sure why they did, you'd think more voice samples back then would've been more impressive and make it a more popular game...

I still enjoy Fatal Fury. Probably just nostalgia as it was one of only 2 games I had on AES when I was a kid, but still I find it entertaining. So yeah, can't pass that up at $15

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Nice, $120 shipped is still reasonable.

It's too bad they cut out a lot of the voice clips from the prototype. Not sure why they did, you'd think more voice samples back then would've been more impressive and make it a more popular game...

I still enjoy Fatal Fury. Probably just nostalgia as it was one of only 2 games I had on AES when I was a kid, but still I find it entertaining. So yeah, can't pass that up at $15
Damn, i didnt know about there being more voice clips in the proto. I already love all sounds in cyber-lip as it is, the sphero symphony sound is awesome. Now i want the proto. Is it available to throw on a neo sd?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Damn, i didnt know about there being more voice clips in the proto. I already love all sounds in cyber-lip as it is, the sphero symphony sound is awesome. Now i want the proto. Is it available to throw on a neo sd?

I believe one of the earlier protos has been dumped but I don't recall if the files are public or not. The proto I have is a late build, probably final proto build and has not been dumped. As I recall the earlier known builds weren't finished. The late build I've got is actually the complete game. Only difference I'd noticed in my proto and the release build was all of the extra voice samples in the proto.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I believe one of the earlier protos has been dumped but I don't recall if the files are public or not. The proto I have is a late build, probably final proto build and has not been dumped. As I recall the earlier known builds weren't finished. The late build I've got is actually the complete game. Only difference I'd noticed in my proto and the release build was all of the extra voice samples in the proto.
Thats super neat. Do you have a video of it or anything?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Thats super neat. Do you have a video of it or anything?

I haven't grabbed any video of it running yet, no. I do believe one of the earlier build protos that other people have was video'd. Only difference I'd heard was that the later build I have was finished while the earlier ones only had the first couple levels.

The proto I've got I had found on eBay, listed as a regular copy of Cyber Lip. And even though I already had a copy of the game for some reason I clicked on the auction and noticed that the board pics weren't showing production boards. Buy it now was hit very quickly... ;)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Got some jammacons for genesis and saturn.

MUSHA NEO.JPG

Last edited:
It boots up and plays, but still has issues. I need to take all the buttons and controller harnesses out and run them through the sonic cleaner to get the built up soda out of them. The card reader board is missing, along with the marquee lights. The audio is really low, so I think the main MVS board need to be re-capped. There is also a fan in the power supply going out making an awful racket. I wanted a project, well I found one.

Welcome to the club! Such a great machine. I really love the look of this cabinet.
Yup, some cleaning needed but it does look like it's in good shape.
Does it boot up? Any hardware issues?