Post Your Recent Purchases!

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Yeah real turmoil.

Dad in serious medical condition FUCKING DEATHBED, yet in the " GIMME VIDYA" state of mind.

How can you even think of that shit in such a time?
It may seem horrible and unthinkable to you, and i can totally understand that. But you dont understand my circumstances, and i wouldnt do it if i didnt have the means to take care of both.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It may seem horrible and unthinkable to you, and i can totally understand that. But you dont understand my circumstances, and i wouldnt do it if i didnt have the means to take care of both.
giphy.gif

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The only way to get affordable Neo Geo games seems to be FB marketplace. This dude had a lot of 7 games for 300 euros. It was all soccer crap except this game. I offered 50 shipped and that was good. The other games were sold the next day.

20210614_141216.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The only way to get affordable Neo Geo games seems to be FB marketplace. This dude had a lot of 7 games for 300 euros. It was all soccer crap except this game. I offered 50 shipped and that was good. The other games were sold the next day.

View attachment 50295
so you're bragging on flipping soccer games and low balling a guy?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
so you're bragging on flipping soccer games and low balling a guy?
No he flipped the soccer games himself, just go this one out of the lot. Lowballing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ? Nobody is forcing him to accept my offer. I just offered him 1/6 of his price for 1/7 of his items.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You guys are acting like smokey was the seller and not a buyer. $50 was a decent buy.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah it seems like he offered a price on 1 of the 7 games the guy was selling and dude excepted. Not lowballing the lot and flipping it.

Terrible game btw.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yeah it seems like he offered a price on 1 of the 7 games the guy was selling and dude excepted. Not lowballing the lot and flipping it.

Terrible game btw.
So far I'm diggin it but it's not likely I'll be playing this for years to come...

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just got in a late prototype cartridge of King of the Monsters. What’s interesting is the early mock up label design with the 1990 copyright date, which went unused for the final version. This label fits the style of the original launch games before the carton box releases. The final KOTM label design used the common colored stripe on the left, with the artwork on the right.

HJHG3Sr.jpg

s8zacS1.jpg

IlMZiX7.jpg

uJ5tgRq.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Edit: spoke too soon.

Edit 2: So this post won't be wasted, another interesting point is that the PCBs used were not used in the final release of the game. The PROG-EP and CHA-EP boards were used in testing and debugging the majority of 1990 and 1991 Neo Geo games.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I've been bored enough to take pictures of almost all my gaming related pickups of 2021. The things that I didn't bother taking pictures of are just spare parts for GBC, GBA and NGPC. Sold at least 10 games and only picked up two new ones. Pretty happy about that.

Ragnagard and 3 Count Bout were label upgrades:
51254905627_8cf7d8801e_b.jpg

Impulse buy on eBay before they started forcing their shitty "managed payments" on the remaining private sellers:
51256680970_b232ce5406_b.jpg

Next month Deutsche Post will start fucking us over big time, so I got a few things off Aliexpress while I had the chance:
51254905572_4e478db549_b.jpg

51256680905_71c0453b03_b.jpg

Those Retroflag controllers are surprisingly good.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I love that Blue Mary illustration.The artist went a little over the top though with Hugo's belt.The belt didn't need to be that large but anyway....may have to grab that book in the future.That needs to be a poster!
UPDATE-
Just made the purchase..67 USD FROM JAPAN shipped.The prices go up and up on these so I picked it up before it went any higher...
The only thing about these illustration books is that they're like purchasing a car where you lose half the value so you better know and like what you're getting.
Maybe start a new thread in the art area for poster illustrations.
BB

Last edited: