Post Your Recent Purchases!

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Stumbled across these Mario and Luigi toys on Facebook Marketplace for just $10 for both.

As a huge fan of Mario Kart, I had to have them even without the packaging so I quickly snapped them up. I would have probably bought both new if I'd known about them but then I probably wouldn't have unboxed either which would be a shame.

Here's a video review of these dynamic karts-

Reactions: @M

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Worthless Plastic Incoming! Also, I thought the molds for the MD2 Mini were all identical, but the cart slots are NOT. So this stupid fake cart won't fit in my US mini's fake cart slot. LOLJAPAN At least the fake CD is compatible with my fake CDRom setup...jesus

1669399906848.png

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Stumbled across these Mario and Luigi toys on Facebook Marketplace for just $10 for both.

As a huge fan of Mario Kart, I had to have them even without the packaging so I quickly snapped them up. I would have probably bought both new if I'd known about them but then I probably wouldn't have unboxed either which would be a shame.

Here's a video review of these dynamic karts-

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Worthless Plastic Incoming! Also, I thought the molds for the MD2 Mini were all identical, but the cart slots are NOT. So this stupid fake cart won't fit in my US mini's fake cart slot. LOLJAPAN At least the fake CD is compatible with my fake CDRom setup...jesus

View attachment 60953
At least that makes it accurate to the real MD/Genny regional differences?

HellioN

20 Year Member
man...you're slummin' there...no furniture, composite video & a refurbished PS2...I hope times are better for you
LoLz, that picture is like 10 years ago or so?
I had just moved for like the third time that year and had purged out a whole lot of stuff.
I've always been a kind of minimal guy regardless.
It's the only picture I have of my MVS at the moment.

ChoAniki

n00b
Perhaps both.
My MVS is an OG MV-1 so it's enormous. I'm always looking at the smaller newer ones thinking I might buy one sometime.
View attachment 61047
Very cool :D. Man, that thing is gigantic xD. The purchases aren't that interesting, 4 games (Puzzle Bobble, Fatal Fury 2, Shock Troopers and Neo Geo Cup 98) are from a admin from Neo Geo Europe on Facebook, really cool dude :D. The Neo Turf Masters and the CD controller is from eBay. The console is also from eBay too and from arcade_in_da_house but yeah, he used quite a bit of hot glue and wiring is also not good, wanted to open a thread where you post your CMVS so people can better make decisions if the modwork is good enough for them. Yeah, I could have asked the seller to show me the mod so that's on me. Will probably fix that up in the future by myself.

Here are my opinions on the games: Puzzle Bobble is quite fun and it's a great game for casual or non gamer. I don't really enjoy puzzle games except the really simple ones like tetris columns. Never really played Puzzle Bobble before, good to kill 20 min and getting a new highscore :D.

Shock Troopers is really amazing, lot of charm, hard and fair gameplay and the soundtrack is also nice, was quite surprised to hear a drum n bass soundtrack because I'm used to it on the N64 and PS1, but not 16 bit systems. It seems it didn't get a lot of love, quite a shame. The second game seems not that good but I will get it too, luckily it's not too expensive either.

Fatal Fury 2 I played the least, I first need to learn all the moves and in general I don't play fighting games very often. But man are the sprites gigantic, pretty impressive. I don't really see the use of the 2 planes systems but I don't really put time into the game so yeah.

Neo Geo Cup 98 is at first overwhelming but just click through stuff that seems fitting. First I needed a bit of time to get to used to the controls but then it works well. Shooting a goal feels really good because you need to work for it and you're not 100% if you get it so it quite exciting. Want to get super sidekicks 3 also, heard this and Neo Geo 98 are regarded as the best soccer games on the systems and wanted to give Sport games on the system a chance and so far im happy that I did. Man, I play Neo Turf Masters the most, so damned addicted to it xD. So far I'm very happy that I bought the Neo Geo, had a lot of fun :D

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Custom NES pads. PCBs and membranes gutted from Hyperkin Cadets, shells and buttons from Retro Modding, and decals from GrafxGear.
The black pad has been modded to run on Master System.

View attachment 60803
These look great. I'm guessing that Start button on the modded black pad won't pause a Master System, right?
That was a real miss on Sega part.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Found this at a thrift store for $2. Label has some damage, but, the contacts look good. Now, I just have to find my GBA SP or one of my DS Lites so I can try it. 🤣 This was also the last WWF handheld game before they switched to the WWE name.

Screenshot_20221203-111958-059.png

HellioN

20 Year Member
It has been a long time since I had this much fun with a racing game. It's a feel good racer. I picked up a physical copy too.
Nice, I haven't had the chance to play it yet but everything I've seen and read looks great so I have hight hopes.
Is your copy for the Brazilian market?
It seems the only version of the game I could find was for that region.
If you have a switch try Cruis’n Blast, it's way fun as well.
You might still be able to pick up physical copies cheap.
I grabbed mine at Walmart for $20.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice, I haven't had the chance to play it yet but everything I've seen and read looks great so I have hight hopes.
Is your copy for the Brazilian market?
It seems the only version of the game I could find was for that region.
If you have a switch try Cruis’n Blast, it's way fun as well.
You might still be able to pick up physical copies cheap.
I grabbed mine at Walmart for $20.
I don't have the first release. I didn't know about the game until much later. I got the special edition that looks like this:

PS4-Horizon-Chase-Turbo-Special-Edition-game.jpg

Cruis’n Blast has been on my radar!

HellioN

20 Year Member
I don't have the first release. I didn't know about the game until much later. I got the special edition that looks like this:

PS4-Horizon-Chase-Turbo-Special-Edition-game.jpg

Cruis’n Blast has been on my radar!
GET IT BRAH!!!
LoLz, I think it's great fun and still kind of cheap, I say go for it.

Last edited: