Post Your Recent Purchases!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Cheers! I've modified the SCART cable - added 330Ohm resistors on the RGB lines, and a 470Ohm resistor on the sync line. All good now.
Pretty annoying, considering I got the cable from RetroGamingCables.co.uk.
Nice work! Not sure if it's worth looking into at this point, but may HD Retrovision cables usually have a brightness switch directly on the cable itself. Not sure if it would help in this situation, but it really helped when hooking up my Axunworks SG to my modern display.

Here comes a new challenger: I absolutely love this thing!
-jamma
-JVS
-small foot print
-quality build
-Saturn controller support
-db15 controller support
Just saw this - I LOVE my Axun supergun. I got it early 2021, and took 4 months for the guy to build and ship the thing but worth the wait and every penny. The ability to have Jamma and JVS in one unit is HUGE - not to mention all the other great options.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Here comes a new challenger: I absolutely love this thing!
-jamma
-JVS
-small foot print
-quality build
-Saturn controller support
-db15 controller support
Yea, I already knew about the axunworks sg. They seem to be the best option at the moment if you're looking for a all in one smaller option. They are built well and have a range of controller options. Even has the connections for the Sigma TB sticks. I don't own any sg's anymore but If I was looking for something to plug into a crt, this would be the one. Good call.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Nice work! Not sure if it's worth looking into at this point, but may HD Retrovision cables usually have a brightness switch directly on the cable itself. Not sure if it would help in this situation, but it really helped when hooking up my Axunworks SG to my modern display.

Just saw this - I LOVE my Axun supergun. I got it early 2021, and took 4 months for the guy to build and ship the thing but worth the wait and every penny. The ability to have Jamma and JVS in one unit is HUGE - not to mention all the other great options.

Yessir! He’s got a mini gun available now also, only $125. I might just scoop it to have for the test bench.

His Forgotten Worlds spinner buttons are ace, also. He’s FrancoB’s Chinese son. I love axun stuff.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
While i wish there were options for different cases to put this new type of screen in, i gotta say the picture is hella good and worth the sacrifice in customization options.

Attachments

• 75E210B8-651D-4694-9457-F761FDAAE339.jpeg
    75E210B8-651D-4694-9457-F761FDAAE339.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

I'd be interested in buying something from this guy, but the payment systems is very iffy. The home page says it accepts paypal and a few other methods, but when I try and use checkout it only offers credit card... and it's not a secure check out.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I'd be interested in buying something from this guy, but the payment systems is very iffy. The home page says it accepts paypal and a few other methods, but when I try and use checkout it only offers credit card... and it's not a secure check out.
I was able to use PayPal but that was in...November 2020 when I placed my original order I believe. I haven't tried to order since then, but everything came through and was cleared okay. I purchased through his site directly rather than through Arcade Projects. I'd recommend reaching out, but he's known for not having great customer service.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
There are people waiting months and months for their Axun superguns. It’s a very long lead time, and people complain about the lack of communication in the meantime.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
He’s always emailed me in a timely manner, and I knew going in it would take a long while (covid/spike in demand for this stuff/1 man operation/supply chain issues).

It’s a wait and all…not Kraut Buster bad, tho. I used PayPal through his site also.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'd recommend reaching out, but he's known for not having great customer service.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement that, is it?

I'd like to pick up one of his scart switchers, and I don't mind waiting, but I do expect secure payment facilities, especially from a Chinese based supplier.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It’s a wait and all…not Kraut Buster bad, tho. I used PayPal through his site also.
Wonder why it's not coming up for me? Try running a dummy order see if it's an option for you. All I get is "credit card" - yeah, fuck that.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yikes, cc only…not secure, big schpiel about ‘contact your bank for allowing international cross payments etc..’

I’m not saying axun has gone rouge, this payment sitch is just sketchy now. Maybe he hit his pp limit? Dunno.

I’m not getting that mini gun after all.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yikes, cc only…not secure, big schpiel about ‘contact your bank for allowing international cross payments etc..’

I’m not saying axun has gone rouge, this payment sitch is just sketchy now. Maybe he hit his pp limit? Dunno.

I’m not getting that mini gun after all.

Well, if he starts allowing paypal again I'll put an order in... until then I'll happily stick with what I've got.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Well, if he starts allowing paypal again I'll put an order in... until then I'll happily stick with what I've got.
Yesh - just checked the Arcade Projects forums and there are multiple requests for him to reach out, complaints about PayPal, wait times, etc. Glad I got in when I did but that really stinks for everyone else.

Me thinks he probably disabled PP payments due to an over abundance in returns and fees because of his audacious wait times. One guy spent 1400 and waited 8 months for his stuff to arrive with little to no communication.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
8 months is just outside the 6 six month window for cancelling a credit card charge, right? Meanwhile, still waiting on 30+ games from Limited Run and Strictly Limited.

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
8 months is just outside the 6 six month window for cancelling a credit card charge, right? Meanwhile, still waiting on 30+ games from Limited Run and Strictly Limited.

Jon
Maybe use that as an opportunity to cancel some of them. That's a ridiculous amount of stuff to have on pre-order and chances are that there's more than a couple games on that list you probably shouldn't have bought.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

Jon
I'm waiting on games from first press that I ordered back in October.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Maybe use that as an opportunity to cancel some of them. That's a ridiculous amount of stuff to have on pre-order and chances are that there's more than a couple games on that list you probably shouldn't have bought.
I'll have to see if I can get @Ralfakick to chime in on this. It was AT LEAST that many. How many are crap? Not sure. I am waiting on good stuff like Castlevania Requiem, Contra Collection, A Boy and his Blob, Ninja Jajamaru Collection, Wonder Boy Ultimate Collection, among others.

Jon

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
8 months is just outside the 6 six month window for cancelling a credit card charge, right?

He’s not scamming anybody.

Dafuq why someone would order $1400 worth of boutique electronics at once, knowing full well it’s a one man operation…axun makes it perfectly clear on his website.

He should just shut the shop down until he gets caught up on builds, like others have done in the past.

His shit is rock solid, and very fairly priced. Perhaps he got too popular, too fast…and the limited payment option is a self-inflicted wound also.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
He’s not scamming anybody.

Dafuq why someone would order $1400 worth of boutique electronics at once, knowing full well it’s a one man operation…axun makes it perfectly clear on his website.

He should just shut the shop down until he gets caught up on builds, like others have done in the past.

His shit is rock solid, and very fairly priced. Perhaps he got too popular, too fast…and the limited payment option is a self-inflicted wound also.
Not saying he was scamming anyone. His product looks solid.

$1400 and 8-10 months lead time on a boutique product, with no communication, would make anyone nervous. Especially after the six months window expires.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'll have to see if I can get @Ralfakick to chime in on this. It was AT LEAST that many. How many are crap? Not sure. I am waiting on good stuff like Castlevania Requiem, Contra Collection, A Boy and his Blob, Ninja Jajamaru Collection, Wonder Boy Ultimate Collection, among others.

Jon
A few have come in recently maybe four or five since November. I’d have to take a look but obviously they’re not all ordered at once, usually what happens is we put orders in for multiple games at one time and they get held up with other games that’s what seems to happen. I box Jon’s up when I get a few which I did this weekend. Most of everything is regular editions but the special editions take even longer. I’m still waiting on a copy of broforce from July 2021 from Special Reserve for myself. I won’t order from them ever again. Everything else was ordered prior to December from LRG or Strictly Limited, I’m sure Jon is right on the number I’d have to look at LRG and SLG’s websites to get a true count.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but anyone who sinks as much as a dime into either Strictly Limited or Limited Run instantly revokes any and all rights to complain about lead times. The same goes for anyone who is still waiting for their homebrew crap they squandered their money on at NGDEV back in 1985, and still have no update (PRO TIP - CHECK YOUR TELEX).

I will say that Limited Run have good customer service, but outside of that they're a complete joke shop.

I'm still very fond of phyiscal media but I won't spend any money with either SL or LR after my prior experience. I don't care what they get the rights to.

That's funny that Castleevania Requiem still isn't released... I almost (almost) reneged on my principle for that... but glad I didn't. Picked it up at the weekend off of the PS store for £3. Completed it last night. Job's a good 'un.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I’m very disappointed in myself for this impulse buy. I have no right to rip anyone after this.

Let’s see what the best the 3DO has to offer, actually offers.

Wow, and that's missing the box. I remember it was for sale new at Electronics Boutique back in the day for $50 or $60.

We have the far less rare Japanese version, which I believe my brother picked up for practically nothing.

20230201_162239.jpg