Post Your Recent Purchases!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
5AF9A1D0-1CA6-4DF2-BA0A-84AD5741513A.jpeg

Because everyone needs a 20 pound PS2 in a giant metal cage (or a Thrill Drive 3 board to be more specific)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
TBH, there can't be many games left you really want to buy? Looking at your collection you've got most of the best beat 'em ups... I can't see Waku Waku 7, Ninja Masters or Breakers. Double Dragon? I doubt you want Voltage Fighter, it's shit.

Few more shmups? Pulstar / Blazing Star? Another Slug? You defo need 2 or X.

I think I've got about 15 or 16 games to cross off... hoping to halve that by the end of the year. Then that's me done, because everything else I've got on Neo CD.
dunno man, owned 2 and x. NM, ww7 kizuna would be nice

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
It's real GBA hardware consolized so I can play it on my TV:
I've got the older GBA Consolizer kit sitting on my desk for the last couple of years. I really need to get off my ass and put it together.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
4B2904AF-0676-4447-B3F7-CE2633478A69.jpeg

Well clearly it’s not the FINAL setup for for $90 before shipping I certainly can’t complain about a Python 2 board. Sold as junk. Took maybe 25 minutes to get it running

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
View attachment 63341

Well clearly it’s not the FINAL setup for for $90 before shipping I certainly can’t complain about a Python 2 board. Sold as junk. Took maybe 25 minutes to get it running
When are we going to have a video about proper stand offs and the appropriate height to component ratio?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Excuse my ignorance - is that the black thing on the floor? What's it for, or what does it do?
no thats just a shitty old LCD panel I keep around that accepts a 15Khz signal. I was too lazy to dig the stand out so I just laid it onto the floor next to our monster aloe

Python 2 is just....seriously lazy Konami...PS2 in a large metal box with an IO that transposes the video out into RGBS and injects controls into the PS2 via the USB port, bypassing the controller ports.

Mostly its used for Benami / DDR shit but one non-rhythm game squeaked out...Thrill Drive 3. Found it on YAJ listed as broken so I said fuck it and bought it. There is a decrypted HDD image you can flash to them to allow for fucked hard drives that will ignore the security key dongle.

But this just needed a bit of cleaning and some reconfiguring of the DIPS. Then it booted into the game. Just need to build a harness to my wheel and pedal set

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
no thats just a shitty old LCD panel I keep around that accepts a 15Khz signal. I was too lazy to dig the stand out so I just laid it onto the floor next to our monster aloe

Python 2 is just....seriously lazy Konami...PS2 in a large metal box with an IO that transposes the video out into RGBS and injects controls into the PS2 via the USB port, bypassing the controller ports.

Mostly its used for Benami / DDR shit but one non-rhythm game squeaked out...Thrill Drive 3. Found it on YAJ listed as broken so I said fuck it and bought it. There is a decrypted HDD image you can flash to them to allow for fucked hard drives that will ignore the security key dongle.

But this just needed a bit of cleaning and some reconfiguring of the DIPS. Then it booted into the game. Just need to build a harness to my wheel and pedal set

So, it doesn't make your YT content better? Just plays Thrill Drive 3?

Disappointing.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
When are we going to have a video about proper stand offs and the appropriate height to component ratio?
I can't make something THAT exciting. I don't want to be legally liable for the heart attacks of the viewers when that riveting content hits

But in all seriousness...the heavy mod work videos are few and far between. They take FOREVER to make, soldering on camera is terrible (seriously sometimes I am squatting with my hands in the air soldering off the camera monitor) and the views aren't worth it.

I will do one more, which is a universal arcade steering controller mod for home use. Basically how to tap pots and build one pedal/wheel set that you can then use adapters with to plug into basically anything that used potentiometers.

I need to build the adapter for the Python 2 but once I have that done I will have a system people can build to let them play, per my testing, Hyper Neo Geo, Model 2, Model 3, Konami Viper, Konami Python 2 and Atari SF Rush / California Speed era racing games

and since its seriously just an electrical system sans code it will transpose into basically any arcade board ever that just uses analog data off the pots. So about as universal as universal gets

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So, it doesn't make your YT content better? Just plays Thrill Drive 3?

Disappointing.
I mean when I point at a PS2 in a big box that Konami had the balls to sell for a fortune...thatll bring in views. Because its instantly recognizable but also kinda weird and funny at the same time

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I mean when I point at a PS2 in a big box that Konami had the balls to sell for a fortune...thatll bring in views. Because its instantly recognizable but also kinda weird and funny at the same time
On a more serious note - can that PS2 play other games or is it locked to just playing Thrill Drive?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
On a more serious note - can that PS2 play other games or is it locked to just playing Thrill Drive?
With mods it will run other games. As it sits if you try to boot anything else itll trigger secure erase on the HDD

On POST it'll register the presence of the IO board and the security dongle. Once those ping back GOOD it will then look for the presence of media in the DVD rom drive (update discs sent by Konami). If a disc is found and it has a file set the PS2 understands it will attempt to run. If the encryption key matches the security dongle...it will update the installation on the HDD installed. If the encryption key doesn't get a handshake...Secure Erase command is initiated and the drive will wipe itself.

So you CAN make it a JAMMA PS2 but you need to flash a diff HDD image thats decrypted and a few other soft mod related items. Then you can get it to play something else. Granted all you'd really be doing is getting RBG VGA out as you'd have to push controls in via the standard controller ports for it to function...so it would be a MASSIVE PS2 that did nothing more than...nothing I guess? haha

Only Python 2 executables allow for control over USB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Never thought this game to be with such a massive meg count!
The digitized music is inflating the meg count, just like with most Neo homebrew. The meg count for the original game would have been much lower.

It's cheating really. In my Xeno Crisis video I pointed out the game is actually only around 50 megs or something, and fits neatly into a single load on the NGCD, but the cartridge version is advertised to have a much larger meg count just because of the recorded music.