Post your tated setup.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
So they work on 24" monitors eh? I was looking at THIS because I thought the Neo Flex units didn't support 24" screens.

It worked on mine. Will it work on everything? I don't know. As long as your monitor has a standard PC monitor VESA mounting point and the bezel isn't "too thick" (i.e. your monitor's thick bezel makes it too wide such that when you try and rotate it to tate, the edges hit the table).

If you're too worried over vertical clearance when rotating, you could always go with a desk clamp arm mount. Thats what I use for my 28" monitor. You have much more freedom in terms of adjusting the height with those... so you can go with a bigger monitor if you want. The only limit is the amount of weight it can handle.

On a side note... small upgrade to the dedicated 37" Panny setup:

Dropped in an extra PC 2.1 sound setup I had and added some cheap speaker stands. Got the sound running through a distribution amp, so that I can run any source through the dedicated tate setup or on the main tv & receiver in the computer room.

a37.jpg

Old stuff:

a3.jpg

a10.jpg

a7.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks rad, all you need is a steadier stand for the joystick and you'll be all set.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Looks rad, all you need is a steadier stand for the joystick and you'll be all set.

Thanks. I think something like this would be a better all around solution to get the adjustable height and angle, while keeping stability. One of these 4 post mini drawing/drafting tables. Haven't had any luck finding an all black one that doesn't have a gigantic table surface, but I suppose I could just paint or glue on a black covering over one of the minis.

I guess if someone wanted to go really crazy, they could even modify the stand itself to look like a joystick panel with an astro city panel (or something), movelist display, yadda yadda. Price isn't too bad either. I've seen some for about 70-100 bucks.

50067-2000-3ww-l.jpg

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Tate.jpg

Sorry for the necro bump, I just really love tate and didn't want to post another thread 8{

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fucking hell that was 5, going on 6 years ago. Very cool looking PVM's however, best post some close ups of your PVM's in the CRT Fetish thread in General.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I'd daisy chain those PVMs. Two daisy chained PVMs is the ultimate. I miss mine.

But I have to admit, rotating this monitor as needed is convenient as hell, so it's really growing on me

TiNACV5l.jpg

Frenetic

New Challenger
Ooo, nice tate setups. I appreciate PVMs and tated LCDs provided they have low lag. Which LCD monitor is that? I have a Dell U2312HM, and I dig it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
This pic is a bit out-dated, but it's a nice clean shot of all my main shmupping tools.

iy3FmHZbfBDTe.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nice Sama, I have the same DS faceplate on my 360. How are you liking that Hori stick for shmupping? I used to have one but got rid of it when I got a "superior" HRAP and I kinda miss it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Nice Sama, I have the same DS faceplate on my 360. How are you liking that Hori stick for shmupping? I used to have one but got rid of it when I got a "superior" HRAP and I kinda miss it.

The stick is an EX2 will all-Hori parts, so it was a cheap piece of shit until I modded some Seimitsu buttons into it. This stick isn't designed with parts-swapping in mind, so modding it was a huge pain in the ass (partially my fault for buying screw-ins instead of snap-ins). Avoid this stick like the plague.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I recently picked up Mushihimesama with its release on Steam and I am trying to figure out an easy way to tate my 27" LG LCD monitor. Anyone have any good bracket suggestions that could possible work with my current setup (ie. not buying a whole new desk)?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I purchased a monitor mount from amazon for $36 so I could tate and I think it looks pretty good on my 27" LG. All the articulation one could ever need:

li9kqJq.jpg

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
^ That looks amazing - got any video of it running?