Power mister without loopback jack

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Can you do this with the usb board, and digital io? I don't think you can but a friend I've spoken to online says his is powered with a single cable. I guess he uses the analogue io however

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Not totally sure what you mean, but I do have an analogue setup that I ruined modified to run without a DC splitter. I desoldered the DC jack on the USB hub, then soldered wires from the pins on the DC jack on the DE10 Nano directly. Is that what you mean? It works just fine.

The digital IO setup is a bit different though. The DC jack on the IO powers the DE10 Nano as well. Most digital setups use a DC jumper like this:

Is the jumper what you were talking about?

In theory, it would be possible to do what I explained in the first paragraph with a digital setup too though - desolder the jacks on the DE10 Nano and USB hub, run wires directly between them to the corresponding pads on the boards.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I can't get that jumper outside of the US sadly, without insane shipping

Ajax

15 Year Member
While I was waiting for the DC jumper to arrive, I made my own out of some cables, some electrical tape, and heat shrink tubing. It fucking sucks and is ugly, but it works.

PXL_20220816_175443792.jpg

Looks like this shop is in the UK and has a prettier version of this:

Alternatively, I could mail you a DC jumper just in a small padded envelope. If we can send it first class letter, it should only be a few bucks.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've got the normal jumper cable yeah, I'm just anal and want that jumper really. Surprised they are the only people with them.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Weird, mine has 2 wires coming from the PSU, one power jack and the other USB

1660684738225.png

Ajax

15 Year Member
He's got the digital IO, which has its own DC Jack. Looks like this:

PXL_20220816_212440612.jpg

Oh, crazy, yours doesn't have that second DC jack on the USB hub?

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I wish I had that and I wouldn't mind. Don't like the loopback cable