Power Switch Not Working

eccs19

New Challenger
The power switch on my 4 slot is not working. Is it just a standard switch that I can pick up at Radio Shack, or is it special for this machine?

Thanks!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
channelmaniac said:
Are you sure it's the switch and now the power supply?

Ditto..

That or a fuse..

If not..
Remove the switch,take to Radio Shack and see if they can match it up..

eccs19

New Challenger
I probably should have been more clear. The machine works great. It's just that it will not shut off with the switch. I can only unplug it to shut it off. I would have to assume it's the switch in this case.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
eccs19 said:
I probably should have been more clear. The machine works great. It's just that it will not shut off with the switch. I can only unplug it to shut it off. I would have to assume it's the switch in this case.

As suggested in the previous post, take the old switch off, go to a place like Radio Shack or an electronics store and they can get you the right one.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
eccs19 said:

Did the switch ever work..?..Have you ever turned the cab off and on using the switch..?
Reason is..
It may not even be hooked up..(check to make sure it's plugged in-into a Molex connector that runs into the power supply.
Make sure the wires are on the back of the switch.

You see: In my 2 slot cab and big red when I got them both of the had switches but neither were hooked up due to the fact that either cab had it's original power supply in it.

I put a new original type power supply in the 2 slot that had an external wire for the switch to be hooked to/so the switch is now working..

The big red however I didn't get the power supply with the external wire fior the switch because I found a new original type power supply brand new on Ebay for cheap.
So though the switch is still in the cab it's not hooked up..I cave to flip a swichboard turn the cab on and off..
Either I'll just shell out for the external wire power supply someday or wire the switch into the current power supply.

switches
http://www.happcontrols.com/electrical_supplies/switches.htm

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Did the switch ever work..?..Have you ever turned the cab off and on using the switch..?
Reason is..
It may not even be hooked up..(check to make sure it's plugged in-into a Molex connector that runs into the power supply.
Make sure the wires are on the back of the switch.

You see: In my 2 slot cab and big red when I got them both of the had switches but neither were hooked up due to the fact that either cab had it's original power supply in it.

The mini-candy in my arcade has a power switch that isn't hooked up. I know there's no power going to it since I disconnected the wires to it and the game was still on. Usually if the wires to the power switch are disconnected to it, the cabinet won't turn on since the power wires complete a circuit from the power supply to the board and monitor.

eccs19

New Challenger
Looks like you guys hit the nail on the head. I did notice that there were wires hooked up to it, so I just assumed that it was hooked up. I followed the wires, and they go no where. Now I know. Thanks guys. Appreciate you input.