powered or non subwoofer

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I have an Alpine cda-105 deck in my car and its got rca outputs one the back 'for' subwoofer... how do I know what they output?(i don't even know what that means)...
so if someone smart about electronics and speakers and stuff could help me?

I need more BASS:blow_top:

nevermind? i have managed to figure out, just to get a powered one to avoid more things to deal with.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I have an Alpine cda-105 deck in my car and its got rca outputs one the back 'for' subwoofer... how do I know what they output?(i don't even know what that means)...
so if someone smart about electronics and speakers and stuff could help me?

I need more BASS:blow_top:

You could go the easy route and just get a Bazooka that has the amp built in. Otherwise, if you're still running stock speakers in the doors/back, swap those out first with some good components, then get the amp/sub.

It's been a while since I've played around with car audio, but I believe the RCAs output line level audio for an amp.

Also, for the amp, you're gonna need long enough RCA cables, a power cable with an inline fuse connected to your battery, a ground cable, and a remote wire that attaches to your deck (usually a blue wire). You can get kits at most places that have all of these.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What a coincidence, I have that same stereo in my RX-7. The easiest way to add more bass is to just get a powered subwoofer, run it to the subwoofer out RCAs on the back, call it a day.

The setup in that car is that stereo hooked into a KTP445, which is a miniamp made to go with that stereo that doubles the power going to regular speakers, and a Kenwood mini powered sub. It works okay considering it's a total stealth install, but I could use a bigger sub. I used to have a real "system" in there, but replaced it with a simpler reliable setup.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You could go the easy route and just get a Bazooka that has the amp built in. Otherwise, if you're still running stock speakers in the doors/back, swap those out first with some good components, then get the amp/sub.

It's been a while since I've played around with car audio, but I believe the RCAs output line level audio for an amp.

Also, for the amp, you're gonna need long enough RCA cables, a power cable with an inline fuse connected to your battery, a ground cable, and a remote wire that attaches to your deck (usually a blue wire). You can get kits at most places that have all of these.

In order for a bass tube to work out you're going to need an iroc z , an Egyptian Lover "I Need a Freak" single, and a way to time travel back to 1989.

What a coincidence, I have that same stereo in my RX-7. The easiest way to add more bass is to just get a powered subwoofer, run it to the subwoofer out RCAs on the back, call it a day.

The setup in that car is that stereo hooked into a KTP445, which is a miniamp made to go with that stereo that doubles the power going to regular speakers, and a Kenwood mini powered sub. It works okay considering it's a total stealth install, but I could use a bigger sub. I used to have a real "system" in there, but replaced it with a simpler reliable setup.

I always had killer systems when I was in my late teens and early 20s. The appeal of that kinda stuff is just another thing that seems to have totally vanished with age.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I still like my tunes in the car, but I'm fine with "good enough."

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I always had killer systems when I was in my late teens and early 20s. The appeal of that kinda stuff is just another thing that seems to have totally vanished with age.

it vanished pretty good with the advent of decent sounding stock stereos in cars with integrated center controls that no one wants to custom make a kit for.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You have an RX-7? Didn't know you were a peanut guy.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My favorite demonstration of how a rotary engine works: Two Doritos on a pencil.