Premier league 2012 - 2013

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Hahahahahaha. This is the end of the road for the rag cunts. What a role reversal eh? CTID

Manchester Uniteds domination in the Premiership is over, and I think it's Man City or Chelsea's time. There ain't no doubt about it Man Utd are a team in transition, Liverpool had it in the 70's and 80's, we had it for a short while in the late 90's and early 2000.

I am looking to Bayern Munich giving them a lesson in football in the next round of the Champions League. Big deal you can beat Olympiakos to reach the quarter finals, hardly a power house in European football.

Without doubt Manchester United are still the most hated team in England.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Without doubt Manchester United are still the most hated team in England.

Let's just hope it stays like that eh? Although I think that Man City will be come more and more hated. People jealous that their team didn't get trillions of billions invested into it, and that they would rather work for silverware even though their teams will forever languish in football mediocrity.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Guys don't count Liverpool out they a force to be reckoned with.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Everton played us off the pitch and with that result they deserve fourth spot, maybe it's time for Wenger to leave the the club as he has no plan B when things ain't going our way and he has been found out so many times I have lost count.

The way this season is going we will be lucky to win the FA Cup at this rate, no lie.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lulz...

Chelsea lost to Sunderland.... looks like they wanted it more...

Unsure about you guys... but it Torres is worth more than the ENTIRE Sunderland lineup... and they still lose... it's bad...

xROTx

Mac91

10 Year Member
Torres ain't worth shit. He's flicking crap. End of. I can't wait to see the scouters fuck it up and give us the title. Although I think that might be a way off...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So....what does everyone make of Mourinho's little 'tirade' over this weekend?

Mac91

10 Year Member
I'm going home for the last game this weekend, we better win the league and there better be a pitch invasion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A few weeks ago I was saying how Chelsea had the easiest road to the end of the season. Now it's Man City, and we have no clue if Man City can hold their composure against their last opponents.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Crystal Palace had a good run of form, but I was sure that it would be no problem for 'Pool to gut them. Well, I was friggin' wrong.

Markell, you better hope Citeh don't take Aston Villa lightly. It should be a few quick goals and then defend.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This could be the last season man city has this level of talent. FFP may be enforced for once. PSG are the first targets but Man City are in the list too.

Mac91

10 Year Member
This could be the last season man city has this level of talent. FFP may be enforced for once. PSG are the first targets but Man City are in the list too.

That's pissed me off. We get fined around £50,000,000 for spending shitloads of money on players. Lazio got fined £32,000 and Croatia £65,000 for racism a few years ago. So essentially, UEFA think being rich is 1000 times worse than racism.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star

I was under the impression that UEFA was going to be lenient with a small slap on the wrist, but some reports that I've breezed suggest that they're actually gonna drop a hammer on these two (who the rest of the 20 are I have no clue but I'm very curious to find out).

Naika

Street Hoop Star
That's pissed me off. We get fined around £50,000,000 for spending shitloads of money on players. Lazio got fined £32,000 and Croatia £65,000 for racism a few years ago. So essentially, UEFA think being rich is 1000 times worse than racism.

That's another angle that I haven't taken to account and in a lot of ways, that's sad. It's UEFA after all. :(

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Buying top players than sitting them on a bench for the whole season not good for football, Navas of city for example what a waste of a talent,
Anybody breaching the law should been banned from the champions league end of.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Which league would you say has been exciting this year .
La liga, premiership, bundesliga?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, the start, no one has ever cared about German football, period. Krautball can fuck off and die, for anyone cares. The reasons for this include a) Bayern has complete control over an overall very weak league; an incredibly weak league, and when Bayern does no win the league, it appears very contrived. b) Germans play with zero imagination. c) their marketing is shit. d) too much corruption surrounding their league with Sepp Blatter gifting them CL placement based on EL coefficient points, yet in the past decade+ they have only 1 fucking win. Serie A has faceraped every german about 3 times. La Liga has done it like 5 or so. I lost count. But in short, Germans are at the same level as the Portugal League.

La Liga, what a year! Atletico coming in from out of nowhere to turn it into a three horse race for the first time in what feels like a decade. Diego Simeone is a great manager. I am glad he's staying put. Atletico has a great system and it finally paid dividends on the pitch (rather than the banks, when they sell talent). Barcelona needs this. So does Madrid. The lower the talent of the league, the less chance to grow during a season and be battle hardened for a CL victory, and that's what it's all about.

But the most exciting league this year has been the Premier League. A lot of things happened. First of all, Americans got NBC sports to show every game on the pitch, in HD quality, live, every match week. Incredible. The quality of the games shown was so high compared to anything from any other league, making everything else virtually unwatchable. And who cared what was happening in Italy or Germany or France, etc? Each week there was a firm chance that the top team was going to be overtaken.

And that happened after the season started and Man City went to the top, then Chelsea, then Arsenal, then Liverpool, and back and forth. And during this we saw the best season of Yaya Toure's life, as he banged in goals from spot kicks like he thought he was Beckham or Juninho. We saw Arsenal open the purse strings on Ozil, which was completely weird, because that type of spending hasn't happened since David Dein was forced out. The calls for "Wenger Out" and "SHOOOT FOR FUCK SAKES" have turned into "SPEND!" And right now people are expect a lot of that. We are walking into a transfer window where a lot of top shelf talent is going to be on the market, as FFP is finally being imposed on PSG and Man City, and neither team will appeal. The coming firesale from each side will see the transfers of Cabaye, Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore, Kolorov, Micah Richards, Dzeko and Jovatic. I would personally love to see Jesus Navas leave Man City, but not sure if Manuel Pelligrini is willing to let him go. Navas is a bad ass who should be playing over 30 games somewhere, not coming off the bench.

Personally, as a Serie A fan, I felt a bit cheated. Juventus managed something dubiously spectacular in winning the league with less wins than when they went undefeated. Either the Serie A league sucks or it's crooked. But either way, it spells really bad things for the future of Italy. It's in the best interests of Italians to have Juventus investigated again, and I know they are sick of it, but something has to happen or this will continue to decay until Italians can call themselves Turks, and rename Juventus into Galatasaray or summat. The colossal flop of Fiorentina against relegation struggling Sassuolo was laughable - it's like, hey you purple florentines can stand to lose, but these newly promoted green dudes have their own major stadium, sort of (it's owned by Mapei who practically own the team), so just lose guys. Just lose. Here's a nice wrist watch. Just lose.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Last Day of The Premier League.. It makes me sad...

...It's been a good season for me... Watching Liverpool do well.. and Man Utd flopping about like a fish on an anglers line... So i'd obvioulsy pimp on the PL as the best league in the world...

As for other leagues... I must confess... they've been boring to me...

The best thing about the German League this year is the conviction of the Bayern Munich Director for tax evasion...

The Spanish League hasn't been much better... except for Athletico Madrid making a decent fist of winning the league... the most exciting thing i found was the fact that Barcelona looks like they're gonna be excluded from transfers due to naughty rule breaking...

xROTx

PS. the Italian league is boring as fook as well..

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
it is a sad day no more PL but were got the world cup to look forward to, should be a exciting summer until the next season starts.
was hoping for a dramatic end to the PL. suppose the best team won.
man city to spend more money in the summer , I hope not

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man city are going to sell off a lot of players. Kolarov is out. Probably Jovetic too. I believe Nasri or Navas should leave and FFS let Micah Richards go.

Mac91

10 Year Member
I enjoyed myself this weekend.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I bet you did, all at Liverpool's expense, I suppose?

Anyway, they had their chance and they blew it!

It's a shame they couldn't win the title with the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, It just seemed right as if it was written in the stars for Liverpool to create something truly memorable for merseyside considering what they have been through.

Mac91

10 Year Member
I fucking jumped into a steward who was trying to stop people from getting onto the pitch. Nothing was going to stop us getting involved with the pitch invasion.