Preorders for all five volumes of the Neo Geo X classics collection on Amazon.com

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I'm debating what I'm going to preorder first. Not doing all 5 at once lol. Debating between garou and the last blade.

fr33m4n

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i'm not worried about the games, but about the firmware update that they're promising to us!

Just fix the HDMI output and include some scanlines in it! That's all!:buttrock:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Preordering all 5 is $125, but not preordering means you might be paying that much just for one of them when the resellers start gouging.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
No way. You can still buy the Limited Edition and joysticks for MSRP on Amazon. While these game packs may not go down from MSRP, they sure aren't going to go for $125 each or even above MSRP anytime soon.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
No way. You can still buy the Limited Edition and joysticks for MSRP on Amazon. While these game packs may not go down from MSRP, they sure aren't going to go for $125 each or even above MSRP anytime soon.

I'm not to worried about it. But at the same time I am debating on preordering them all. Cause if something happens and this stuff all the sudden stops being produced BOOM... Now your looking at stuff that is going to cost a arm and a leg.

Update: I just preordered them all lol. Hell with it.

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Not even a second thought on the pre-order for all of them for me. :loco:

My wife thinks I've gone crazy ever since the NGX came out.

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
Weren't the collections being released in different times ? i do not remember they being released all together.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I thought they were, too. Not complaining, though! I got em all pre-ordered. Can't wait for April! Also, now that the standalone dockless versions are being released, I wonder if they are working on any form of link cable to do local vs mode from just handhelds!

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I read somewhere that it is being looked into. It was one of the Facebook sites I believe.

I jumped on all 5 as well. Wife thinks I'm nuts too. I see a recurring theme here...

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
My wife knows the effect NeoGeo has on me (and that I'm crazy) but really enjoys watching me play NeoGeo stuff. Between this, and my AES/CD collecting, her question has always been "When is there more, and when are you getting it? It's soon, right?" It works well.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
My wife knows the effect NeoGeo has on me (and that I'm crazy) but really enjoys watching me play NeoGeo stuff. Between this, and my AES/CD collecting, her question has always been "When is there more, and when are you getting it? It's soon, right?" It works well.

I've always loved the neo because it reminds me of being a teenager again hanging out in the arcade down the street from me all day every day lol. That was the good ole days. Also it's the only system with games that I can just sit and play without playing multiplayer. If it's not neo i'm usually board really fast unless I'm online. Something about that system and it's games has been like crack for me since the very early 90's. When I left the scene for some years after I had to part with my AES I tried playing roms but just not the same. Yeah the X is just a emulator but hey it's something official and it makes me feel like I'm playing the real thing lol at a price I can afford and the wife won't be head me for. PLus she actually will play with me lol which is rare she won't play any new games just old school stuff.

slerch666

updyke,
EDIT.

Read through all the posts. No one was really making mention of anything negative, so I'm taking my negativity and leaving.

That said, I think $8.33 per game, many of which I already own, isn't worth my money.

Last edited:

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
EDIT.

Read through all the posts. No one was really making mention of anything negative, so I'm taking my negativity and leaving.

That said, I think $8.33 per game, many of which I already own, isn't worth my money.
Well yeah if you own them already no point in rebuying them unless your like insanely uber hardcore make love to a neo geo poster every night insane. I on the other hand sold my aes years back so the price is well worth it lol.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
No game is worth buying again if you already own it, I think the price is decent any cheaper and it wouldnt be worth their time.

Pneuma

n00b
I picked up the x for a history lesson in fighters. I am now hooked on the fatal fury titles included, ninja master's, and samurai shodown. Does anyone have recommendations for the top two volumes? I am pretty overwhelmed with so many fighting games.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Garou on Vol 3 is the single best fighter on the Neo, IMO. However, you may consider the Volume that has Last Blade, AOF3 and Savage Reign, which is quite a combo of unconventional fighters.

You might want to step away from the fighters though, you can't really appreciate them if you are playing too many at once, which I have been very guilty of. Now that I look over the list, there isn't a whole lot of variety of non-fighters, but I've always wanted to get Shock Troopers.

Last edited:

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I picked up the x for a history lesson in fighters. I am now hooked on the fatal fury titles included, ninja master's, and samurai shodown. Does anyone have recommendations for the top two volumes? I am pretty overwhelmed with so many fighting games.

My favorite that is not being released yet is Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. Love that game. As far as SS goes my all time favorite fighter is on the system SS2 and my 2nd or tied for it is probably SS5 or SS5 special basically same game but some differences. I really hope when they do SS5 they put it all on one card SS5,SS5 special, and then the "fixed" verison of SS5 special razoola's. Doubt that will happen but I'd like it so that you get whatever flavor your prefer.

For the games that are coming out in the classics Last blade IS AMAZING. Garou is insanely awesome too those will hold you over for more fighters to come.

One game I never have gotten to play Matrimelee would like to see that at some point.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Garou on Vol 3 is the single best fighter on the Neo, IMO. However, you may consider the Volume that has Last Blade, AOF3 and Savage Reign, which is quite a combo of unconventional fighters.

Agreed with everything said here. I also have to put my hat in with Garou, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, then I got my hands on it. Definitely among the best fighters ever made to this day. The Last Blade, and Art of Fighting 3 are unconventional, GORGEOUS, and among my favorite NeoGeo games, so I gotta stand by them, too!
Savage Reign, I can't say anything for, as I've never played it! I've been reading up on it a lot recently, it looks interesting! But while I'm throwing up recommendations, Samurai Shodown 3 is another one of my favourites that I can never recommend enough, if only for the beautiful visuals alone! KoF '96 is awesome, if you enjoyed the '95 pack-in, you'll enjoy the hell out of '96.

You might want to step away from the fighters though, you can't really appreciate them if you are playing too many at once, which I have been very guilty of. Now that I look over the list, there isn't a whole lot of variety of non-fighters, but I've always wanted to get Shock Troopers.

So very agreed, and SO VERY guilty. Fighters were pretty much ALL I played when I first got into NeoGeo. It wasn't until I started playing other kinds of games on the NeoGeo did I REALLY start to appreciate the system, and go completely ballistic collecting! That said, I also stand tall beside Shock Troopers, TONS of greatness to be had, there. And like my KoF reccomendation, Liked the pack in Metal Slug? Then you need Metal Slug 2. I can never sing enough praises for the Super Sidekicks games. I took a look at them, and almost dismissed them. Then I gave SSK 3: The Next Glory a go, and that was it, I was addicted. Lastly, Blazing Star. That game will own your life. It only takes a minute, and it has you.

That said, if I had to recommend 2 volumes for you to get to begin your wonderful journey, I'd pick up Volume 2(Samurai Shodown 3, Savage Reign, and Super Sidekicks 3) and Volume 4 (Garou, Shock Troopers, and World Heroes 2 Jet). And then get the rest, because you know you will ;)

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I really hope they space out releases after this tho. Dropping 5 at once hurts a little lol. Hell 1 collection volume every 2 to 4 weeks or so would be great imo.

Pneuma

n00b
Thanks a ton for the advice. I agree. It takes me a couple months to get competent at modern fighters, and they have simpler inputs, advanced input frame buffering and training rooms - these games are tougher even in their simpler systems. I will definitely start with Garou and then go for some variety. I am in love with the distinct visuals of the ones I've played so far, so I need to see (and try) everything available eventually.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I only played ninja master the one time and that was that, half the games I have only played for a few secs too.
I really only want volume 1 for the firmware and MS2 but own most the other games although I no longer have kof96 so might go for that as well but thats it for me so wont cost much.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I really enjoyed Ninja Master's. I'd never played it before picking the NeoGeo X up, so I never really knew what to expect. I'm considering getting it for one of my other platforms. I really enjoyed being able to sheathe and draw your weapon at will during the fight!

And Pneuma, You have a wonderful journey ahead of you :) I'm glad you're enjoying yourself so far!

Last edited: