So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You were one of my favorite artists, rest well Prince. :crying:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sounds like he may have actually been sick, but continued to perform anyways.
Reports say "flu", but i'm willing to bet he has something much much worse.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
From ki_atsushi's thread:

The artist known as Prince has died … TMZ has learned. He was 57.

Prince’s body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.

Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed.

The singer – full name Prince Rogers Nelson – had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
So sad. Such a large body of music he leaves behind, however. For that we can be thankful.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Damn. 1999 was an epochal release that came up with so much new stuff and production methods, it not only was a big seller but also had a huge influence on the music scene as a whole.

Sad day indeed. Rest in peace and thanks for all the music.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Holy shit! This year of musical talent dying can fucking be over already. RIP to one of the most talented musicians ever to come out of this country.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Rough, rough year for famous musicians. I was never a big fan of the Purple One but you couldn't help but respect his showmanship, his skill and his work ethic. RIP you magnificent bastard.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Must be a hell of a party brewing in the afterlife. I can imagine folks in heaven are getting amped that Prince was just announced for the summer festival. Talk about doves crying :(

WTF. 2016 has been a brutal year so far. I'm almost afraid to hear who's next. Petty, you better be taking your damn vitamins.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Prince is making pancakes for Bowie and Jesus now.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The singer – full name Prince Rogers Nelson – had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

If this and his death are linked, which seems highly likely, then this is dedication like you wouldn't believe.

RIP.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Sounds like he may have actually been sick, but continued to perform anyways.
Reports say "flu", but i'm willing to bet he has something much much worse.

You know for the news reporting the flu is on the rise I have yet to see anybody with it. Now the nasty bronchitis/sinus infection every 3rd person has it or is out with it. Mine had me coughing up blood. My wife needs an inhaler spray to breathe any time she tries to do anything. That shit could kill some people.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never saw him live, always assumed I would. Nope.

Maybe that's why he has been doing so many unannounced shows recently... Maybe he saw this coming.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm going to listen to Controversy & Dirty Mind tonight.

RIP

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I couldn't believe this when I heard it. A lot of his music I've heard is quite moving and his voice is wonderful. When Doves Cry is probably my favourite song of his. The words are so simple, but so impactful. It really captures the highs and lows of relationships.

Fucking crazy.