Period Covering.............: 2000-10-1 to 2000-10-7

Plan Type...................: Platinum Plan
Allowed Traffic.............: 8000 MB
Projected Monthly Traffic...: 10922 MB

Projected Traffic Overage charges.....: $146

*Current rate for traffic overage: $5/100 MB

Shawn

snkusa.com
I’m faced with potential charges > $150 in addition to my $30 per month hosting fee. The increased traffic to neo-geo.com has maxed out my available bandwidth with hostway. I’m already using the Platinum plan, and the next higher service plan is $100 per month (Platinum Plus plan), which will allow an additional 4 GB of bandwidth. However, this is starting to be quite expensive, and if the traffic increases another 20% from 10GB per month then I will exceed the $100 plan. I want to keep this site up and running 24-7 for everyone. Any recommendations, donations, or opinions? Dion, what hosting service are you using that supports your million hits per day?

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well I guess we can all send you $1 or you can put up banners. But dont take away the forum, its great!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Banner is not bad. Also, how about this? Those who donate some cash can go into somekind of lotto for something small, like a poster or some other prizes. Any thoughts?

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
a neo game wouldnt be bad but everyone would have to donate more then $1

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Heres the problem though, alot of people on this forum arent reg's, they post 1 thing and then leave. I got no problem with that but they won't want to send money...

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Banners would probably be the most logical solution but please don't get the punching monkey one. I hate that damn monkey
smile.gif

Robi15

20 Year Member
I would not matter banners at all. Advertising from like gamemagz or shops- they would be perfect. Maybe Neo-Geo.com starts to earn some money!
smile.gif

But the forum is a must. I would be very sad if Shawn has to put this down.

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Mabey you can join the GameSpy network of hosted webpages. Mabey they will let you form "Planet Neogeo".

The servers are very fast and they are free. They will also allow cgi access.

Robi15

20 Year Member
So, Shawn, what direction are we looking at?
What's the plan?

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Iv suggested, that he try my provider, who gives unlimited usage. Iv been using them for 3 years, and they are FAST. I hope Shawn goes with them, I think he will be very pleased.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey Shawn I think you should delete members if they haven't posted with in at least 2 months.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Thanks for the suggestions. I was joking about the donations part though. Concerning banners, I would prefer to leave them off. It’s annoying to visit sites with banners, so I would rather pay not to have banners than be paid to host them. The bandwidth limit should not be exceeded until around the end of the month, so I have a couple of weeks to make a decision. No worry, this site won’t be shutting down. Server performance and uptime are my main concerns. Finally, cost of running the site is an issue as well.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by Gambit:
Hey Shawn I think you should delete members if they haven't posted with in at least 2 months.

There are not any two month old members yet, much less a member who hasn’t posted for 2 months. The forums opened August 12th. So we have to wait a few more days before there will be a forum member who is 2 months old.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Most of your bandwidth issues are most likely a result of all the images, etc that you have on your site. Maybe you could find a secondary storage for your images and adjust your image tags to pull from one of those free hosting sites?

Jeff

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Mabey if Gambit didn't post so much, then you wouldn't go over the traffic limit
smile.gif

Hehe, sorry Gambit, I couldn't resist
wink.gif