PS Now - do you have it?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
And do you use it?

I was thinking of picking up a golf game and realised the game I was looking at actually costs less if I just get PS Now and have access to several hundred other games for no extra monies.

But is it shit?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
My GF got it, she love she ease of choosing games and paying only 10 bucks a months for it. Not everything is on there,but the majority is. And it has some PS2 games as well.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The notion of PS Now just makes me mad at Sony for giving zero shits about native retrocompatibility.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I want to play lost planet..I will not subscribe to videogames.

Who doesn't have a pile of backlog without it?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've had it for a few months... I don't regret the purchase. I've played through probably 10 or 20 games already. Some are installable too, but the streaming is OK too the vast majority of the time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I tried it for a year. I'm not a big fan of the streaming of games. Games like Third Strike and HDR have a good amount of lag. They should make everything installable. You could also play on your pc.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I tried it for a year. I'm not a big fan of the streaming of games. Games like Third Strike and HDR have a good amount of lag. They should make everything installable. You could also play on your pc.
The streaming was pretty rough for online and coop, I agree. We had to install all the coop games we want, but she also doesn't want a huge physical backlog on her shelf either. It's convenient to be able to upload saves and continue games in both systems

StevenK

10 Year Member

I figured lag would be an issue but then I thought if any game might be ok with that it would be a golf game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think I had it for a month as a free trial, downloaded Day of the Tentacle and finished it with all trophies. Never bothered to resub, I don't play online on PS4 anyway.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The streaming was pretty rough for online and coop, I agree. We had to install all the coop games we want, but she also doesn't want a huge physical backlog on her shelf either. It's convenient to be able to upload saves and continue games in both systems

I'm not talking about online or coop just playing in general. When I played the same games on the ps3 I didn't notice the lag.

It's still a good service if you play games often but if you're a casual it might not be worth it paying for a subscription on something you might mess with 10 times a year.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
I have gotten it several times over the last few years. My best advice, get the 1 month subscription and then don't get it for a while (talking months, not years).

It has great games on it, but, it also has a lot of trash that you just wont care about and that better games could be taking the place of. The thing is as well, these games have been there forever. I first started using it like 5/6 years ago and a lot of those games from back then are STILL on there. They only add a few games monthly, so, if you just get the month and then don't subscribe for a while, there will at least be a lot more games to choose from. That is how I do it. A large number of the games are also quite old. Like early beginnings of PS3 old. You wont be getting too many newer games at all.

Streaming is azz, no matter how good your internet is. It's choppy and annoying. They have since come out with downloading where you can thankfully download the game so you don't have to suffer streaming, but, not every game offers that and once your subscription is over, you still can't access the games, it will prompt you to get a subscription again to play.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Nope,

I did try it when I had a 3 or 6 month free sub for it, But it just didn't knit with me.
I found some games sorta laggy and others I wanted to try not on there.

Luckily I still have my original PS1-3 so just use them.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
it can make sense to have but xbox game pass kicks its ass one of the few strong points MS has

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I did the trial for a month and blew through Hollow Knight and I also played some Earth Defense Force. I couldn't play any of the stream only games because my internet connection is ass (old apt. building) so I canceled it.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I found someone selling the annual passes for half price (£25) on ebay, bought one, all worked fine. So far I've played all kinds of stuff I wouldn't usually have played. I thought I'd end up downloading most of the games I want because I didn't have much faith in the quality of the streaming but that hasn't been an issue - playing new games without having to wait hours for them to download, all the fucking around making space for a new game etc etc, I just can't fault it.

I can't guarantee I'll feel the same in a year but right now I'm struggling to see myself buying anything gaming related other than this annual pass ever again.

pathlesscookies

New Challenger
I found someone selling the annual passes for half price (£25) on ebay, bought one, all worked fine. So far I've played all kinds of stuff I wouldn't usually have played. I thought I'd end up downloading most of the games I want because I didn't have much faith in the quality of the streaming but that hasn't been an issue - playing new games without having to wait hours for them to download, all the fucking around making space for a new game etc etc, I just can't fault it.

I can't guarantee I'll feel the same in a year but right now I'm struggling to see myself buying anything gaming related other than this annual pass ever again.

nice any lag? also look at gamepass for pc good value for games

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I started a year subscription in late April. I've been keeping track of my backlog and trying to do mini-reviews after I finish each game. If I take PSN pricing into account, I've saved well over $400 so far from game purchases.

My only complaint is streaming PS3 games. I have a higher internet package and most (if not all) games close up after about 5 minutes of play. Complete garbage, my only saving point is the ability to save PS2/PS4 games to the HDD.