PS3 hard drive caddy

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Anyone know where i can buy a hdd caddy for the fat ps3? I just can't get the 60 gig off, and i don't want to use ebay.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
From what I understand, they're not proprietary, so any housing you'd use for a laptop HD will do. Try newegg or some such, maybe?

I had the same problem, and I wound up getting my cousin to just drill the old screws out. Good thing I'd already backed up the old HD...

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i think it is a special caddy. for the way it locks into the ps3 other wise it does not lock in. for a time i used one that came with a iomega external hdd that worked pretty good.

Have you tried to use a pair of dikes? of all the ps3's ive modded a 60gb always have the tightest screws. but i use dikes to loosen the screw then a philips to remove them. if the screw is stripped dikes would take it out anyway but you wouldnt be able to reuse the screw.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
What is/are dikes? I used a pair of pliers and was able to get one side of the screws out, but the other side is impossible because the screws were a bit sunk in. :(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What is/are dikes? I used a pair of pliers and was able to get one side of the screws out, but the other side is impossible because the screws were a bit sunk in. :(

Dikes are just wire/metal cutters.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Does anybody know the max hard drive size that I can put in a 60 gig PS3?