Psikyo on PS4/5

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Edit: I thought these were new looks like they've been up for a couple weeks.

Any word on the quality of the ports? I know people were not pleased with the Switch versions, are these the same, did they fix the input lag? I heard they fixed the Success collection problems.

A bunch of City Connection ports on the PSN $9.99 ea.

Strikers 1-3
Zero Gunner 2
Dragon Blaze

Hopefully we'll get Gunbird 1&2, Samurai Aces, Tengai and Gunbarich pretty soon. (Sol Divide can eat shit)

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
(Sol Divide can eat shit)

Fuck you.

I like Psikyo games but don't really feel strongly about them either way. Zero Gunner 2 was fun and so was the Strikers series, but I never feel like picking them up.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Edit: I thought these were new looks like they've been up for a couple weeks.

Any word on the quality of the ports? I know people were not pleased with the Switch versions, are these the same, did they fix the input lag? I heard they fixed the Success collection problems.

A bunch of City Connection ports on the PSN $9.99 ea.

Strikers 1-3
Zero Gunner 2
Dragon Blaze

Hopefully we'll get Gunbird 1&2, Samurai Aces, Tengai and Gunbarich pretty soon. (Sol Divide can eat shit)

I can't speak from direct experience, but over on shmups City Connection has a pretty bad rep for the quality they put out.

No smoke without fire, as they say.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'll wait to till I hear if there's lag. I really like Dragon Blaze and a couple others and wouldn't mind having them on a console thats more convenient than digging out retro consoles or setting up mame etc.

City Connection is no M2 but I figured maybe they at least patched these or maybe the lag was console specific.

It's kind of weird of them to release them individually in waves when the original (for this gen) releases were pretty affordable compilations.

I figure it won't be too long and they'll end up on sale for $5 or less.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The physical disc is $30 for six games, half price of digital assuming you want them all. I'll post some impressions when mine arrives, supposedly shipped yesterday.

The other six games are coming in collection 2, Play-Asia says July 28 so hopefully soon.

Also fair warning on Zero Gunner 2: The current version available on steam/switch is the minus version which is really watered down from the Naomi/Dreamcast version. I'm expecting the same here, so don't get too excited if you really want this game.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Is City Connection made of ex-Jaleco employees or did some hacks decide to name themselves after the game?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Received collection 1: Strikers 1-3, S.O.L. Divide, Dragon Blaze, Zero Gunner 2-

Gave Strikers 1 a quick check, and compared to the Layer Section demo, back and forth a few times. Strikers 1 is noticeably better, and very playable. I think I can give this my nobody-cares-what-I-think-seal-of-approval.

Zero Gunner 2 is the minus version, as expected.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Want to buy it but holy hell I miss the meatier cheaper compilations of yesteryear.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
So I've read a few positive reviews and City Connection seems to be learning from their mistakes.

I'll probably just buy the physical compilations considering the price.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Want to buy it but holy hell I miss the meatier cheaper compilations of yesteryear.
Like all those shoddy SNK ports on the PS2 with only a couple games and almost zero options? You're probably thinking of the Capcom and Taito compilations from the PS2 era and while those had a lot of games they were pretty shoddy emulation wise and had almost zero options.

Look at the TMNT compilation coming out soon, that thing is loaded and recently we've gotten Samurai Spirits, Contra, Castlevania, Capcom Acade Stadium various Megamans and Street Fighter. All pretty rich in content for the price.