PSX Neo Geo Games

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey does anyone know what neo geo games came on the PSX? I know that there are these following games:

Metal Slug X
Last Blade
Samurai Shodown 1&2
Samurai Shodown 3
Samurai Shodown 4
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 99 Dreamatch
King of Fighters 99 Evolution

I just bought a PSone, im trying to find some neo geo games. I already found KoF Evolution and Samurai Shodown 3. Know where to get these games?

Thanks,

Cho

JRock917

, ,
You might want to try mcvans.com, gameworld.com, or ncsx.com, they might have what you are looking for... are any of those PSX neo games really worthwhile? I have heard some really negative things about alot of them. OH, I do remember seeing Fatal Fury Wild Ambition at my local EB. The reviews I saw on it were crap though.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I KNOW I recently saw Metal Slug X for sale new in an import store, but honestly I don't remember where.

KoF95-97 also came out the on the PSX. None are really fun to play though cause of the bad animation and terrible loading. Out of the whole batch(95-99), 95 was the most playble.

Fatal Fury : Dominated Mind - came out which is a kind of "special" Real Bout 2. It's actually not that bad.

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition - neo64 port
Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage - neo64 port
Fatal Fury 3 - jap only
Metal Slug - I belive this had a psx port...

I'm probably forgetting a few, but that should help you some in searching. The PSX ports arent very good, just letting ya know.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
If interested, I have a few PSX reviews at my site that reflect most PSX ports, check em' if interested
smile.gif

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

P.S. http://www.ncsx.com is the BEST place for PSX Neo games, and u may wanna try http://www.tronixweb.com

[This message has been edited by gargoyle7 (edited November 12, 2000).]

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Thanks for the info guys. gargoyle7 ive read a few reviews of your psx games, are they really less fun then the Neo Geo Cardridge system? They look pretty good through. Ok Fatal Fury Wild Ambition and Samurai Shodown Warriors rage are a bit blocky but the rest seem pretty good to me. Hope its worth it!

Cho

N

NGPSkinhead

Magical Drop 3 was just released in Europe and it comes with a free cd wit part 1 (non-neo geo)

benares

Kula's Candy
Actually 2 Magical Drop games were released, "Magical Drop 3" and "Magical Drop F". I'm not sure what the difference is.

I know someone who has Magical Drop 3 on the Sega Saturn and supposibly it was good enough for him to sell his AES MD3 cart.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Outsider, I don't think you saw Metal Slug X
for the Playstation. It is not scheduled to be released by SNK/ARUZE until January 25, 2001. It was supposed to be released on December 21 along with KOF 2000 home cart and Last Blade 2 for DC but it got delayed. Also, Metal Slug for the PSX was awlful. The sound was very bad and it seemed like half the animations were cut. The Saturn port is much more faithful to the Neo Geo version.

Ryan

Ryan

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by outsider:
I KNOW I recently saw Metal Slug X for sale new in an import store, but honestly I don't remember where.

KoF95-97 also came out the on the PSX. None are really fun to play though cause of the bad animation and terrible loading. Out of the whole batch(95-99), 95 was the most playble.

Fatal Fury : Dominated Mind - came out which is a kind of "special" Real Bout 2. It's actually not that bad.

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition - neo64 port
Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage - neo64 port
Fatal Fury 3 - jap only
Metal Slug - I belive this had a psx port...

I'm probably forgetting a few, but that should help you some in searching. The PSX ports arent very good, just letting ya know.

Metal Slug X has not been released, Mabye you saw metal SLug 2.

Also Warriors rage on the PSX is NOT a port of the Hyper 64 game, I always laugh when I hear people say that. It's not releated to the Hyper game in ANY way.

I own them both. The "Warriors rage" on the PSX has ALL NEW characters in it except haohmaru and hanzo, And sicne this game is years in the future both are older (Haohmaru has greying hair and is an old swordsman), And it's not a fighter, It's an RPG/Action fighting game.

Just a warning to anyone wanting warriors rage on the PSX thinking you'll get a hyper port, 2 SEPERATE games.

Translated the name of the PSX game is alot more than just warriors rage, The hyper game is called Asura Zanmaden, There was no warriors rage in it in japan, That was the american version.

However the psx game is called warriors rage in JAPAN, So it's not releated to Asura Zanmaden that way either

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Any one played thes PSX games?: KoF Kyo and Athena, there both adventure games.

Cho

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Ah, as far as Metal Slug X I see my confusion, I probably saw an add for MSX new, except I didnt notice it was a pre-order.

SS:Warriors Rage is from the info I've always known, wasnt there just Samurai Shodown 64 and then Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage? As the whole explanation of the action game and all that, you kinda threw me for a loop there, pls explain :O

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by outsider:
Ah, as far as Metal Slug X I see my confusion, I probably saw an add for MSX new, except I didnt notice it was a pre-order.

SS:Warriors Rage is from the info I've always known, wasnt there just Samurai Shodown 64 and then Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage? As the whole explanation of the action game and all that, you kinda threw me for a loop there, pls explain :O

In japan the first Samurai 64 game was known simpley as "Samurai Shodown 64", The 2nd game in japan was known as Samurai Shodown: Asura Zanmaden.

In AMERICA the first was known as Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage, And the 2nd in america was known as Warriors Rage 2.

The PSX game however in JAPAN is called warriors rage 2, Don't ask me why I don't know, Since there wasn't a first warriors rage on the PSX.

Next the PSX game has all NEW characters, Play it for your self, Hanzo and haoamaru are the only returning characters in the game.

And they are both older, I'm not sure but the game takes place 10-20 years in the future.

Yes the PSX version isw a PSX exclusive, I made a mistake it is a fighting game, But not releated to the hyper game in anyway.

Hey even NCS say's the game was ported from the hyper next to the game des. in their store, hehe.

But play both games, And then tell me with a straight face they are the same game.

Let's reveiw:

PSX warriors rage 2 has all NEW characters except haohmaru and Hanzo, Who are both old.

The Hyper game has uhh almost everyone from Samurai 4, Same game? suuuure.... lol
wink.gif

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Ahh, I see. That's some very good information. I had no idea, I have the PSX version and Samurai 64(no hyper64 pcb yet though) so I never actually knew the diffirence.

Very intresting
smile.gif