PUBG 1.0 and BEYOND!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Anyone out there playing PUBG? I started right after the 1.0 update and have really been enjoying the game. I'm usually not a big PC gamer, but this has been a blast to play with friends. It's a game I am certainly not very good at, but it is always fun to play. I just thought it would be cool to have a thread to discuss any new updates and the game in general :)

DUp9EQWW0AAvFe1.jpg

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I play on Xbox and PC love the game. Im addicted and good on xbox as im not a keyboard and mouse player

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I play on Xbox and PC love the game. Im addicted and good on xbox as im not a keyboard and mouse player

Are you playing on an XBOX One X, S, or original? I'm just wondering how the frame rate is. I know in the beginning it was pretty rough. I know I'd be a lot better with aiming with an XBOX controller, but of course the PC version is better in terms of frame rate and graphics. I feel like the item menus and everything would be a lot tougher with the controller as well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Been playing it for a while on PC and it can be really intense. I don't even play teams just solo, headsets do my head in and talking while I'm gaming just removes me out of that fantasy land.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I enjoy it on the Xbox. I think last time I looked I had about 40 hours play on it, which is unheard of from me these days, I just don't have the attention span anymore. It's a great game to play when friends are over too, so my stats are awful.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Been playing it for a while on PC and it can be really intense. I don't even play teams just solo, headsets do my head in and talking while I'm gaming just removes me out of that fantasy land.

I play solos every once in a while, but most of the time I play 3 man squad with my two friends. It took me awhile to get used to the headset. I actually preferred playing it without for a long time when I played just solos, but it is super helpful to have when it comes to hearing where people are around you and where shots are coming from.

I enjoy it on the Xbox. I think last time I looked I had about 40 hours play on it, which is unheard of from me these days, I just don't have the attention span anymore. It's a great game to play when friends are over too, so my stats are awful.

My stats are awful too lol. I host a weekly game night and usually play that near the end once the fighting game sets die down. Concentration is really key, so that can make it tough. I'm also awful to begin with even if no one else is there :p WackyJacky101's videos on YouTube have helped a ton though. If you haven't checked them out you definitely should:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfK7qpS954pk14YvDCsWCuw

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
My stats are awful too lol. I host a weekly game night and usually play that near the end once the fighting game sets die down. Concentration is really key, so that can make it tough. I'm also awful to begin with even if no one else is there :p WackyJacky101's videos on YouTube have helped a ton though. If you haven't checked them out you definitely should:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfK7qpS954pk14YvDCsWCuw

Yeah, that's the problem I have. We tend to do quite well at the start of the evening, when we're concentrating, but after 5 or 6 beers it ends up in a game of find a car and try to run people over without flipping the vehicle :lolz:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's the problem I have. We tend to do quite well at the start of the evening, when we're concentrating, but after 5 or 6 beers it ends up in a game of find a car and try to run people over without flipping the vehicle :lolz:

I hear ya there :) On the weekends I have a few inebriated squadmates who are adamant about driving. Seems like they always find a motorcycle with a sidecar too. That's a perfect recipe for disaster :keke:

BTW: Sanhok (new name for the upcoming map that was codenamed Savage) enters its next round of testing today, May 10, at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET (3 AM BST on May 11) and will be playable until 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET / 12 PM BST on May 14. This will be on the experimental test server. They also made some changes if you played it on the test server before.

PATCH NOTES

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
ive been part of a winning clan for 13 years now and always end up playing with clan members. The xbox port isn't that bad after the last update but it is still like the pc version of last year. I also play th mobile version. Im always in the top ten solo or doubles. We don't play to much team as your chances go way down for a chicken dinner.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
ive been part of a winning clan for 13 years now and always end up playing with clan members. The xbox port isn't that bad after the last update but it is still like the pc version of last year. I also play th mobile version. Im always in the top ten solo or doubles. We don't play to much team as your chances go way down for a chicken dinner.

Can't say I am anywhere near that successful :p I haven't played the XBOX version yet. It's nice to hear it has gotten a little better. How do the updates work on the XBOX version? I know it isn't up to speed with the PC version, but I'm wondering if the balance changes are similar to the PC. I'm assuming it's probably still ARs FTW on the XBOX side. I've tried the mobile game a few times. I really don't like the majority of mobile games usually. I was surprisingly impressed with PUBG mobile. I don't see myself playing it at all, but I am impressed with what they have done with it.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I have close to five hundred hours into this game on the PC and it has been a love/hate relationship. The thrills are like no other game but getting killed by glitched vehicles or cheating players gets old real quick.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I have close to five hundred hours into this game on the PC and it has been a love/hate relationship. The thrills are like no other game but getting killed by glitched vehicles or cheating players gets old real quick.

Have you played since the most recent major update? Seems like the vehicles are better. The motorcycle and sidecar seems viable instead of a glitched rollover death trap. I haven't had a ton of issues with cheaters, except on the test servers. It gets pretty bad on there.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Yes. I think the latest patch has added quite substantially to the game. However, my squad mates have grown tired of the game and we have not played it all that much since the patch, having moved onto other fare.

At this point, and I am sorry to say it, but I am looking forward to a AAA title creating a polished Battle Royal mode. There is talk of CoD BR. That could be brilliant.

I will continue to play PUBG on some level though. As with most games for me, I'll take MP over solo play any day and if no one wants to play a certain title, we move on.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Tried out Sanhok on the experimental server tonight. It was a ton of fun. Unfortunately there was an issue where you couldn't invite someone to your team. Oh well, solos were blast. It's crazy how far you can parachute due to the smaller size. It really opens up the options. The level feels way more complete than it did the last time they had it available to try out. There's a lot more textures and details. It feels much more like a full fledged map now. Saw this in a room in one of my games while I was looting and it scared the shit out of me :lolz:

20180510220711_1.jpg

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I play on pc
feel free to add me on steam - dinosaurman

Game has mad tension, especially when its final 10.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Overwatch is definitely a much more polished game. I don't play it but all my squadmates do. They liken the PUBG experience in comparison to a B rated horror movie. It's kind of random and it's easy as hell to get f'd over right away in a game. It's randomness and lack of polish is part of it's charm, at least in my mind. They are also two very different games with PUBG being battle royale only. I don't know a whole lot of in depth stuff about Overwatch other than some of the stuff regarding the different character classes. I'm sure someone in here can chime in.