Question between SS0 and SS5

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Hello everybody,
I am sorry you about my not good english but I have some question to know the answer.
About SS0 and SS5, I know that SS0 is jap version and SS5 is us version but and then if SNK will make SS continues, they will make SS5 for jap version and SS6 for us version? Because I have Jap series and I don't know why SNK have to do like this. it make the different between Jap and Us version.
thank you everybody for reading,
Kulanart
;) :help:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
actually I heard none of the Japanese ones prior to SS0 had a number, so theoretically they could call the US one SS6 and the Japnese one whatever they feel like.

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
the roker said:
actually I heard none of the Japanese ones prior to SS0 had a number, so theoretically they could call the US one SS6 and the Japnese one whatever they feel like.
What is the reason that they make Jap and Us to be different series?? :spock:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
kulanartkung said:
What is the reason that they make Jap and Us to be different series?? :spock:

They possibly thought westerners are stupid enough not to get a game may be the sequel of another without a progressive numbering after each chapter title.

Cool, huh?

And before worrying about those numbers, I would suggest also asking yourself why the 'Spirits' word in the very series title just became 'Shodown' in the west.

Neverless, the 'Zero' in the JPN title is not even a number. Is a kanji, actually.

Samurai Spirits
Shin Samurai Spirits - Haohmaru Jigokuhen
Samurai Spirits Zankuro Musouken
Samurai Spirits Amakusa Kourin
Samurai Spirits Zero

That's how it works in JPN.

You may possible add also:

Shisetsu Samurai Spirits - Bushidou Retsuden
Samurai Spirits - Samurai Tamashii
Samurai Spirits - Asuza Zanmaden

And that lame PSX-only chapet... that 'Kenkaku Ibunroku something'...

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Samurai Spirits Zero is not actually named in sequence for the SS series but more of the fact that it is a prequel.

It was named 5 here more or less to coincide with the rest of the series here.

It would have made more sense to call is Samurai Shodown 0 here as well since it is a prequel.

Either way the next one released will be 6 here and ____ Samurai Spirits _____ in Japan as it has always been, no numbers, just names.

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Shito said:
Samurai Spirits
Shin Samurai Spirits - Haohmaru Jigokuhen
Samurai Spirits Zankuro Musouken
Samurai Spirits Amakusa Kourin
Samurai Spirits Zero
it is like BIOHAZARD ZERO? :spock:
I mean that they want to make the story before Samurai 1,2,3,4 so they use the zero and think that it will be good than use 5. If I know wrong, I am sorry because I play only Samurai 2,4 and don't interest in their story.:D

SHO

Raiden's Valet
yea the jap ones dont have numbers

and i think the 2nd one in jap means " true samurai"

i think, not sure, think i read it somewhere

BIG

sony fanboy
This is a very confusing subject,indeed.

From what I've gather,isn't SS 2 supposed to be the last chapter in the SS saga?

Can somebody clarify this?

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
The chronological order of the series is given on SS Zero's page. It goes 0, 1, 3, 4, 2, followed by the 64 series and Crimson Blade, known to us as Warrior's Rage.

The Japanese version is known as SS Zero for the fact it is supposed to be a prequel.

The simple reason our version is named SS5 is because it's the 5th Samurai Spirits game of the 2d series released here.

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Abster said:
The chronological order of the series is given on SS Zero's page. It goes 0, 1, 3, 4, 2, followed by the 64 series and Crimson Blade, known to us as Warrior's Rage.
:D It is my new knowledge, thank you.:)