Question on the Battery Mod on MV1FZ, still 2V/4V present after D1 D2 R3 removal

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi all :)

Have some MV1FZ here, doing some fixing/modding, also want to replace the rechargeable battery with a CR2032.

I've removed D1, D2 and R3 as described on JammaNationX, however if I power it on and measure the voltage between the + and - of the battery connector, I get 4ish volts on one board and just below 2V on the other.. so I'm not sure if the charging was really disabled and of its safe to place a CR2032 despite the 4V/2V?

IIRC, when I did the battery mod on a MV2F, the voltage was 0V in between the battery connectors. I might test that if I get motivated enough to dig it out..

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
it seems it this explains it:

should be good with either 2V/4V

edit:
measured the amps flowing through the + and - poles with a 100 Ohms resistor, my multi meter couldn't measure that, so its really just leak current, safe to insert a CR2032

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Just get a LR2032. It is a 2032 cell battery that is the same form factor as a CR2032 and it's rechargeable. It also operates at 3.6v

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just get a LR2032. It is a 2032 cell battery that is the same form factor as a CR2032 and it's rechargeable. It also operates at 3.6v
I run MVS once in a blue moon, a rechargeable will fail fast if its not recharged often, IOW, most of the time
the original use case for MVS was that they're on most of the time, unless you run your MVS similarly (which I do not), its going to be discharged below the healthy level very fast