Quick audio question

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I just installed a Naomi amp into my Egret 2 and wanted to keep the mono/stereo switch functional so I swapped out the stock 3PDT switch for a 4PDT and wired it up like so:

temporary_zpsi7dmrjpb.jpg

(I forgot to write it down, but I bridged pins 1 and 3 on the switch rather than run another wire from the L- pin on connector "F" as that and JAMMA L are bridged anyway, but the 'Stereo In' end isn't what I'm worried about)

Because it's running through the amplifier I don't imagine there being any issue with running the mono over both left AND right connections when switched to mono, correct?

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Do you have schematics of the original Naomi wiring and / or the Egret 2? It's usually not a good idea to bridge audio connections but it is hard to tell what you are doing here since I don't know how the Naomi amp is actually wired. Also, it is important to know if the amp uses common ground for speaker - terminals or if they are set in BTL configuration.

-Segasonicfan

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Do you have schematics of the original Naomi wiring and / or the Egret 2? It's usually not a good idea to bridge audio connections but it is hard to tell what you are doing here since I don't know how the Naomi amp is actually wired. Also, it is important to know if the amp uses common ground for speaker - terminals or if they are set in BTL configuration.

-Segasonicfan

The Amp does use common ground :) that I know for sure. I figured that as long as the bridged mono signal hits the amp first, it's not going to hurt the speakers.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I don't think it will be an issue tbh. Worst case scenario, even if you mess up big time it gives you an excuse to buy some audiophile grade speaker upgrades for your cab. ;)